Tonneau Covers

MD28

Founding Member
Reaction Points
I've seen a bunch of tonneau covers on here. What's the best? Looking for something low profile but also operates well. Ideally easy to take on and off. Pictures appreciated if you have em!

WJK1

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F350 Tremor 7.3 Lithium Grey
Current Ride #2
68 Charger, 82 Cutlass
I've seen a bunch of tonneau covers on here. What's the best? Looking for something low profile but also operates well. Ideally easy to take on and off. Pictures appreciated if you have em!
I’ll have what he’s having...

7.🌲

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
I have a roll up on the way. My work truck has a bacflip which is nice and secure but can't use the whole bed easily.

Curious what others have to say.

OP
MD28

MD28

Founding Member
Reaction Points
I should add I'm looking for a retractible (I think) so I can still get some rigidity and ability to lock. I will take it off when I need full use of the box.

cjhuels

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F350 Tremor 6.7 Lariat Sport
I went with the Lomax. I haul a gooseneck trailer so I wanted a low profile cover that is easy to remove. Really like it so far.
61672872573__2F7932F0-AE9D-4FC2-BDF0-34E21BECCE21_Original.JPG
IMG_6691_Original.jpg

Last edited:

Bryantbjb

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Ford Tremor
Current Ride #2
2019 Ford Mustang GT CS
I’ve ordered a Gator cover. It’s taking forever to get here.

Attachments

• E3414F6F-A1AE-4BC3-9A33-A3CA86F5F4C6.jpeg
    E3414F6F-A1AE-4BC3-9A33-A3CA86F5F4C6.jpeg
    500.1 KB · Views: 51

Vrybusy

Founding Member
Reaction Points
+1 on Retrax Pro XR.....alot of options with the T-Slot, i.e, racks, etc.... Has some weight to it, but very durable, and full access to the bed. If you need to take on and off frequently by yourself, you may want to go another route. However, being a roll-up, they are built very well and can be locked in any partially open/closed position.

NEO Garage

Founding Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-350 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2019 Ford Raptor
I’ve had 6 or 7 BakFlip MX4s personally and I wouldn’t run any other cover. I’ve tried others including the BAK X4 and it leaked everywhere.

Check out the MX4, it’s worth every penny and we would be happy to help you out on a cover. We carry a ton of brands and we offer forum members discounts!

The product pictures have real world pictures of the MX4 as well

Dissident

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
7.3 Oxford White Lariat Tremor
Current Ride #2
2016 KTM 1190
I have the peragon its really easy to remove and get full bed access length wise.

Attachments

• 20201105_195504.jpg
    20201105_195504.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 44

Pig9r

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
I have a Truxedo Sentry this round. Wanted a little more security than a standard roll up and removes without tools.
Do you like it? I have one I am waiting to install. Are you able to close the tailgate with the cover latched down?

ICT Tremor

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350 KR Ultimate Tremor
Do you like it? I have one I am waiting to install. Are you able to close the tailgate with the cover latched down?
I just installed my Sentry CT (canvas material as opposed to leather-grain vinyl) this weekend. No, you can't really close the tailgate with the tonneau down. Have to leave it up at the back edge of the cover, shut the tailgate, then push the cover down to latch. Kinda sucks; a certain downside for sure.

There's only two tonneaus out there of this design - the Sentry/Sentry CT and the Bak Revolver X2/X4, so the options are limited. I'm sure the Bak is fine, but I thought its locking system looked somewhat fragile, and there's a decent amount of stuff out there about their quality long-term.

MJS

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 6.4 Agate Black Tremor
Does anyone have the Ford factory tri fold? If so, any comments, pics? Thanks

ibeb

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 CCSB Lariat Tremor
Like ICT said, nope, you have to lift up the very end, close the tailgate and then close the cover. It is taking some getting used to, but I liked the ease of removal compared to the Retrax, so went this route. I have read that you can slide the seal out, flip it over and slide it back in so that it goes down/back into the bed, but haven't looked at that option yet - I haven't put the front seal on yet because the weather is not warm enough for me to want to try and get it to stick, but so far it has been fairly water tight in the wind, rain, snow and car washes - both brushless and the larger brush one I found near me.

JRHII

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
6.7 F350 Tremor Black
Current Ride #2
Roush Stage 3 Muatang - track car
Here is what I have ... love it .. it is from Neo Garage on this site .... it is clean, no leaks and folds up against back of cab ... FYI .. I replaced the FORD stock cover which sucked ...

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge