The TREMOR Towing Table

Nick1236

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F150
I'm sort of curious......how do they get the extra capacity?? From everything I've looked at and researched the 250 and 350 Tremors are the same underneath....4 inch axle, same springs and shocks (and no sway bar on the rear). Do they beef up the springs...add a sway bar ??
You're literally just paying for a sticker that has a higher capacity. It's marketing for Ford.

Regulatory for you as if you're over weight according to your sticker you could be cited and ticketed.

OP
soop

soop

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Iconic Godzilla
You're literally just paying for a sticker that has a higher capacity. It's marketing.

* Marketing and regulatory. As the GVWR's are magic numbers that have different implications in different states in so far as licensing requirements and registration fees.

And, to be fair, the Tremor Package is an exception since, otherwise, the F250 and F350 do typically have some physical differences.

Iron Man

Live life to it's Fullest Thanking GOD for it all
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350 6.7 Iconic Silver Platinum Tremor w/winch
Current Ride #2
2020 Jaguar F Pace SVR - 2020 Harley Davidsnon Limited CVO
The physical capacity of all of the trucks is the same, Ford just places a different Gross Vehicle Weight Rating on each vehicle for marketing and regulatory purposes.
IMHO that’s why you should get the 350. I understand that insurance in different states make a 250 cheaper. I also can’t see derating your GVWR on your trucks. I live my F350 but wish the 3052 payload capacity was higher. I didn’t want to give up on all the options I ordered. That winch will be hardly used but I’m so glad it’s on my beast. But it took stole about 180lbs off my sticker. Oh well. These Tremors kick ass. Enjoy your weekend my friends. It’s absolutely beautiful on Long Island today.
?????????
Don ?

OP
soop

soop

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Iconic Godzilla
IMHO that’s why you should get the 350. I understand that insurance in different states make a 250 cheaper. I also can’t see derating your GVWR on your trucks. I live my F350 but wish the 3052 payload capacity was higher.

In New York, a lot of guys I know chose 250's over 350's because their equipment trailers are rated at 15.9K# GVWR and they don't want the truck to put them over the magical 26K# GCVWR number which might have different licensing requirements.

I don't know that their assumptions are correct (@ccw and others have proven here that a lot of our common interpretations of state laws are inaccurate), but I do know this is why they do it.

In a lot of ways the F250 is the “easier” option as you can assume you don't have to figure any of this out…

Iron Man

Live life to it's Fullest Thanking GOD for it all
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350 6.7 Iconic Silver Platinum Tremor w/winch
Current Ride #2
2020 Jaguar F Pace SVR - 2020 Harley Davidsnon Limited CVO
In New York, a lot of guys I know chose 250's over 350's because their equipment trailers are rated at 15.9K# GVWR and they don't want the truck to put them over the magical 26K# GCVWR number which might have different licensing requirements.

I don't know that their assumptions are correct (@ccw and others have proven here that a lot of our common interpretations of state laws are inaccurate), but I do know this is why they do it.

In a lot of ways the F250 is the “easier” option as you can assume you don't have to figure any of this out…
Good point. My dealer was going to register my beast as commercial if I didn’t get a bed cap. All I had to do was to show a receipt for the purchase of a cap with my vin. If my truck had to be registered as commercial that would have been a NIGHTMARE for me. No parkway driving and in my town no parking commercial vehicles in the streets after 8 pm. I haven’t parked in the street yet but if I needed to I’d sure as shit wouldn’t want to be ticketed.
So I do see your excellent point. Thanks for sharing your wisdom with all of us. You are always quick to answer people’s questions. GOD BLESS you brother SOOP. ??????????

ccw

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2009 F-150 XLT
Current Ride #2
1980 Mazda RX-7

26,000 pounds combined GVWR (manufacturer GVWR) is the magic number for CDL. There can be exceptions if you’re only working intrastate, versus interstate, but generally it’s a safe assumption that up to and including 26,000 pounds combined GVWR you don’t need a CDL, 26,001 pounds or higher and you need one.

ccw

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2009 F-150 XLT
Current Ride #2
1980 Mazda RX-7
I am glad I am from New York, and NOT in NEW YORK!
To be clear, the whole 26,000 pound CDL thing applies to the interstate system and is a federal law. From there most (all?) states adopted laws for their local roads and highways that match or build on the federal law, so it’s far from just New York state with that requirement.

There’s also an exception to the 26,000 pound federal CDL requirement for RVs (which I disagree with, but I digress); however, some states still have their own licensing requirements that are less intensive than a full Class A CDL when driving/towing an RV and the combination exceeds 26,000 pounds GVWR.

So in summary: check the laws for your state for when a CDL is required, particularly if you’ll be over 26,000 pounds GVWR.

Sendit6.5

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2007 Ford F-350 King Ranch FX4
Any idea when the 2022 numbers will be available? I'm in the market for both a 2022 F350 Tremor and a RV, so I'm really anxious to know what my limits will be, in terms of trailer size/weight/type.

OP
soop

soop

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Iconic Godzilla
OP
soop

soop

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Iconic Godzilla
Jumping ahead for you, the pertinent numbers for a 2022 F350 are:

2022 F-350 TremorConventional Towing5th Wheel Towing
7.3L Gas15,00019,000
6.7L Diesel15,00019,000

(Edit) “5th-wheel tow rating limited to 5th-wheel hitch rating of 19,000 lbs.” so that's still the functional limit of 5th wheel towing. Gooseneck is higher but probably not relevant for your use case. All numbers are the same as 2021.

Last edited:
Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge