Raptor Steering Wheel Mod - Super Duty Tremor

Did you activate the heated steering wheel? I want to do this mod as well for the paddles and the heated steering wheel.
If you already have the heated wheel you won't have to do anything... If not, you will need everything else I listed in the earlier posts above to get the heated wheel functionality.

If you already have the heated wheel you won't have to do anything... If not, you will need everything else I listed in the earlier posts above to get the heated wheel functionality.
I don't have a heated steering wheel. I got all that other info saved my concern is with the wiring harness. I reached out to the guy you recommended and am going to take the plung. Thanks for the help

Last edited:
For those interested in doing this Fairway Ford has a great deal on the KL3Z-3600-DA heated wheel right now. Did the install last night and wish I had done it sooner like the leather better on the Raptor wheel than my stock Lariat wheel. Thanks to the @BoostedGreyGooseDesigns harness was a super fast upgrade to add the paddle shifters. A bonus with the KL3Z-3600-DA wheel is it came with the adaptive cruise switch which I plan on adding in the future but running original switches for now.

View attachment 111966View attachment 111967
What is the difference between the KL3Z-3600DA and the
HL3Z-3600DA ????
Is the HL mean heated??

What is the difference between the KL3Z-3600DA and the
HL3Z-3600DA ????
Is the HL mean heated??
No, the prefix indicates:
1st character = model year when first used
2nd and 3rd characters = application/vehicle line (L3 is truck)
4th = z which means released for service

No, the prefix indicates:
1st character = model year when first used
2nd and 3rd characters = application/vehicle line (L3 is truck)
4th = z which means released for service
Thank you so much for the quick reply! I am wanting to put a Raptor wheel on my 2021 Tremor, HAS adaptive cruise, and wheel is heated. Is HL3Z 3600 DA the correct wheel. Will it come with the approiate adaptive cruise buttons already on the wheel? Thanks

Thank you so much for the quick reply! I am wanting to put a Raptor wheel on my 2021 Tremor, HAS adaptive cruise, and wheel is heated. Is HL3Z 3600 DA the correct wheel. Will it come with the approiate adaptive cruise buttons already on the wheel? Thanks
I messaged you what you need. The raptor wheels don’t have the right buttons. You swap your current buttons over to the new wheel.

Thanks to @acktarus research,
HL3Z-3600-AA - No Heated Wheel, No Adaptive Cruise Control
HL3Z-3600-BA - No Heated Wheel, With Adaptive Cruise Control
HL3Z-3600-CA - Heated Wheel, No Adaptive Cruise Control
HL3Z-3600-DA - Heated Wheel, With Adaptive Cruise Control
,the heated option is in the suffix code. You need a CA or DA (adaptive cruise one) to get the heated option. Please keep in mind you still have to swap the right hand switch since the Raptor is different. The picture shows the difference with the Raptor part on top.
3849D931-36F0-44A6-9F80-7226FFB8B8E7.jpeg
It’s super easy to swap the switches between wheels just go slow and be gentle when removing them.

Another thing to note Is the lit switch color on the Raptor is blue on the wheel I purchased vs my factory green color lights. Might have a easy fix for that though just have to get time to try.

Edit it’s easiest just to swap the bezel with the stock switches. Unless you are doing extra stuff then it doesn’t matter weather you get the CA or DA if wanting to retain the heated option.

Last edited:
I didn’t swap individual buttons, that seemed too risky for me. I just swapped the entire bezel out with the buttons attached. The raptor wheel I bought did not have the adaptive cruise buttons, but when I swapped over my buttons, it works just fine. Every button just triggers whatever your truck does, so it doesn’t matter what the button says, it will do what your current wheel button does. Much easier for me to swap all the entire thing over than just a few buttons. Just FYI

I didn’t swap individual buttons, that seemed too risky for me. I just swapped the entire bezel out with the buttons attached. The raptor wheel I bought did not have the adaptive cruise buttons, but when I swapped over my buttons, it works just fine. Every button just triggers whatever your truck does, so it doesn’t matter what the button says, it will do what your current wheel button does. Much easier for me to swap all the entire thing over than just a few buttons. Just FYI
Ok, I guess I'm not as smart 🙃 kinda overloaded with information.
Is HL3Z 3600 DA the correct Raptor wheel to go on a 21 Tremor that has adaptive cruise and heated wheel option??

This is the approach I took - I moved my bezel incl adaptive switches to a non-adaptive heated factory wheel and everything works as it should. Not a Raptor, but the same concept.

@Lunch Box you can use the CA or DA if you pull the entire bezel and switch assy from your factory wheel. I would look into the prices and see if one is considerably cheaper than the other.

Edit - just checked Fairway Ford and the DA is only $3 more so I would get that one (pricey either way though):

Trying to research this a bit for those that are going the Raptor route...

The HL3Z prefix wheels are listed for 17-20 Raptors on some sites, the KL3Z for 19-20 Raptors. There have been users on the F150 site that have just switched to their buttons if there was any issue. Typically this was using the KL3Z on an older vehicle.

Has anyone successfully used the KL3Z on a SD? Seems like it should just need a button swap too...

The other option is the Motorsport part number:
M-3600-F15RRD which I believe is actually an HL3Z. This can be found for ~$450...

Mainly asking because the prices are so different ($350 KL3Z vs $450 M vs $950 HL3Z).

What I believe to be the case is that F150 changed it's adaptive cruise strategy and added features, including stop/go in 2018. The Raptor picked this up in 2019. This necessitated a change to the switch and subsequent bump in the wheel assembly part number. Again, this just forces the use of the switches that came with your existing wheel...

Thx

Last edited:
Trying to research this a bit for those that are going the Raptor route...

The HL3Z prefix wheels are listed for 17-20 Raptors on some sites, the KL3Z for 19-20 Raptors. There have been users on the F150 site that have just switched to their buttons if there was any issue. Typically this was using the KL3Z on an older vehicle.

Has anyone successfully used the KL3Z on a SD? Seems like it should just need a button swap too...

The other option is the Motorsport part number:
M-3600-F15RRD which I believe is actually an HL3Z. This can be found for ~$450...

Mainly asking because the price is so different ($350 vs $450 vs $950).

Thx
I’m successfully using the KL3Z with the original super duty switches on my 2020. Wheel works great, just moved the entire bezel/switches to the new wheel everything plugged in and functioning great with @BoostedGreyGooseDesigns harness.

I’m successfully using the KL3Z with the original super duty switches on my 2020. Wheel works great, just moved the entire bezel/switches to the new wheel everything plugged in and functioning great with @BoostedGreyGooseDesigns harness.
Thanks @2020Tremor !

One time in history where the lowest cost option is the right one... 🍻

Ok, I guess I'm not as smart 🙃 kinda overloaded with information.
Is HL3Z 3600 DA the correct Raptor wheel to go on a 21 Tremor that has adaptive cruise and heated wheel option??
I sent you an Amazon link to the exact wheel I bought. It works perfectly. Just buy it and stop stressing. Haha

Install question for someone more knowledgeable than me - got everything installed for the heated Raptor wheel, I made all Forscan changes except I can’t get the HSWM to evidence itself in Forscan. I've been given to understand that once all of the hardware is installed, HSWM automatically populates when you open Forscan and don’t use a saved build. Nothing so far. Following Ryan’s instructions for connection, only variation I found was the white wire to the BCM is supposed to go into slot 16. Slot 16 was occupied by a yellow wire, so I used slot 15 per another install video that suggested either 15 or 16 would work, and they appear to have the same functionality. I do have a functional heated wheel icon in climate controls, so there is that 😂. No DTCs, so I didn’t grenade anything. suggestions?

Back