Made a couple more Forscan changes tonight, and they went pretty smoothly with just a small hiccup.
First up was the tire pressures. Default was set to 60F 75R. I have my tires inflated 60 PSI all around. To the system's credit, it didn't light up a warning until about 50-55 PSI, caused by extreme cold over the holidays. That wouldn't have been a problem if the warning went away once the rear tires came back up to 60 PSI, but it didn't. Every time I started the truck it would ding at me and make me hit "OK" to clear the warning.
With Forscan, used Plain English in the BCM to set the pressures to 50 PSI. While I'm not running them that low right now, it leaves me some wiggle room to experiment in the future while still warning me at a fairly high pressure should I encounter a leak. As I had read about here on the forum, the TPMS system had lost connection with all the sensors as a result of this. Went for a short drive around the neighborhood and they picked up very quickly. A minute or two after the rears had picked up, the warning cleared for them and it's good to go!
Second was changing the minimum number of turn signal flashes when the signal light lever is engaged. This is where I encountered a hiccup. The spreadsheet (linked below) states that it's in the SCCM; however, Forscan wasn't listing the SCCM as an available module. I was already updated to the latest version, so the fix was simple: ignore my saved profile and start fresh. SCCM showed up immediately.
As for what I changed the flashes to: 1. I
hate having it automatically flash for me. If I want the turn signal on, I'll turn it on. If I want it on short term, I can hold the lever far enough that's it's flashing but not latched. The truck does not need to awkwardly attempt to automate this.
The result of multiple flashes, as it comes from the factory, is accidental signaling. Sometimes I start to signal, but see something that changes my mind. If the turn signal has started
at all, I now have to wait for however many flashes to mislead other drivers before it stops. Other times I turn off my signal a bit too enthusiastically resulting in the lever over-shooting, causing it to flash however many number of times in the opposite direction. Once again, this is misleading to other drivers.
So happy it can be changed.
Link to the spreadsheet in the first post of this thread:
Ok guys I took the risk and did some testing. I was able to have a test build of Forscan compiled and tested all of the items on this spreadsheet I'm linking. I pulled some the data for formatting from this forums' 2020 Forscan sheet that was compiled by another member. All the other codes...
www.fordtremor.com