Pickup Box Bed Side Storage (19H)

Unfortunately I gotta remove these from my possible wants list. My Pelican case still has more total Ft³ of storage and can be taken out pretty quickly.

On another idea, It would be slick to utilize the dead space in between the bed skins for hidden auxiliary 'saddle' fuel tanks. Darnit, something else I have to play with now 😂
When I first got my truck I was thinking about a couple of these but I don't think it would allow 48" clearance between them. I also didn't think the height would work with my tonneau and they aren't really "integrated" into the truck.

I like the bed skin idea, though!! Could be a great use of available space.

When I first got my truck I was thinking about a couple of these but I don't think it would allow 48" clearance between them. I also didn't think the height would work with my tonneau and they aren't really "integrated" into the truck.

I like the bed skin idea, though!! Could be a great use of available space.
Now I'm curious what the volume of fuel would be to occupy all that 'dead' space 😮

Driver side could be fuel, passenger side tank could be water for camping.

Now I'm curious what the volume of fuel would be to occupy all that 'dead' space 😮
Didn't you just purchase half of a bed? Seems like a good use for a prototype. ;)

Didn't you just purchase half of a bed? Seems like a good use for a prototype. ;)
Did, but left it there for them to scrap after I harvested the piece on site. Didn't have the energy to load and unload it.

Hey now! I've taken down a few big trees with a sawzall! Don't underestimate the sawzall! 🤣
dELHnHs.jpeg

Hey now! I've taken down a few big trees with a sawzall! Don't underestimate the sawzall! 🤣
Hmm. What’s the biggest blade someone has fit to a Sawzall? Think we could get a 36” blade on there?

Working around the tree that could be a 6’ diameter tree one could take down!

Hey everyone, I think I discovered a really cool 'hidden' feature of the side box storage no one has found or talked about! Looks like you can use it as a bed divider by putting at least a 2x6, or 2x8 in these slots.

Would appreciate if someone can confirm this, and also the largest 2 by lumber size that will work. @GadgetB1 @HelmPilot

8Yww3Wm.png

AsvhpJt.png

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I think I discovered a really cool 'hidden' feature of the side box storage no one has found or talked about! Looks like you can use it as a bed divider by putting at least a 2x6, or 2x8 in these slots.

Would appreciate if someone can confirm this, and also the largest 2 by lumber size that will work. @GadgetB1 @HelmPilot

8Yww3Wm.png

AsvhpJt.png
You are correct! Here you go, I suspect you can run taller boards if you cut out either an angle or notch out for the lid being open.

Attachments

• IMG_1887.jpeg
    IMG_1887.jpeg
    209.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1886.jpeg
    IMG_1886.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1889.jpeg
    IMG_1889.jpeg
    305.3 KB · Views: 14
You are correct! Here you go, I suspect you can run taller boards if you cut out either an angle or notch out for the lid being open.
This is awesome! Surprised Ford or the manufacturer doesn’t talk about this feature. I may reconsider these then :)

It looks like a 2x8 would be the biggest that would fit without notching the board (for when lid is open). If anyone has them installed on their truck, can you try a 2x8 out please?

I think I could make this work by consolidating gear, moving the Maxtrax recovery boards and shovel to a BuiltRight bulkhead panel, and swapping out my M18 Fuel chainsaw for the M18 Fuel hatchet.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I gotta remove these from my possible wants list. My Pelican case still has more total Ft³ of storage and can be taken out pretty quickly.

On another idea, It would be slick to utilize the dead space in between the bed skins for hidden auxiliary 'saddle' fuel tanks. Darnit, something else I have to play with now 😂
I've kicked around the idea of putting an air tank up in there.

Fuel/water storage is a great idea tho. Just tell me when your site has an email signup ;)

If anyone wants a Pelican BX255, I may be posting one to the classifieds section soon 😂

Back