Pickup Box Bed Side Storage (19H)

Nor I...

We finally have a picture of it! From the 2024 build and price. It’s a $1695 option 😲

IMG_3130.png

I’ve been looking for something to make use of the sides for a while now. Couldn’t find anything like these factory ones so I built some out of plywood in 30 mins to fit along side the bed slide.

Worked well for tonneau cover and better with the topper. Side bins are great for levels brooms ski poles, anything long and can be accessed through the side windows. Cubbies below hold my air pump cables chains etc They don’t look pretty like the factory but have been super useful for being essentially free
IMG_3124.jpeg
IMG_3125.jpeg
IMG_3126.jpeg

I’ve been looking for something to make use of the sides for a while now. Couldn’t find anything like these factory ones so I built some out of plywood in 30 mins to fit along side the bed slide.

Worked well for tonneau cover and better with the topper. Side bins are great for levels brooms ski poles, anything long and can be accessed through the side windows. Cubbies below hold my air pump cables chains etc They don’t look pretty like the factory but have been super useful for being essentially free View attachment 130696View attachment 130697View attachment 130698
Looks good to me and very functional! If someone cared a little bit of dark gray or black outdoor carpeting would go a long way...

• Winner
Reactions: ccw
How do we buy it in the aftermarket so we can use it on the 22 and older trucks?

1695150147836.png

Does anyone out there have any experience with the Bed Side Storage boxes on the Ford Accessories website? I’m not talking about the small (sometimes swing out) boxes behind the wheel well but the larger Bed side box that mints over the wheel well. Questions I have are : Watertight? When installed can you still get a 4 ft wide sheet of plywood in the bed? Durability? Who makes them for Ford? Do they cover the inverter power port?

No, been watching this thread to see if anyone ends up with one and posts some photos. I'm intrigued.

Does anyone out there have any experience with the Bed Side Storage boxes on the Ford Accessories website? I’m not talking about the small (sometimes swing out) boxes behind the wheel well but the larger Bed side box that mints over the wheel well. Questions I have are : Watertight? When installed can you still get a 4 ft wide sheet of plywood in the bed? Durability? Who makes them for Ford? Do they cover the inverter power port?
It does mention "weather resistant" in the description. My assumption is that it will probably be good short of being submerged or if using a power washer directly against it. The deal breaker for me would be the presence of tonneau covers on the exclusion list:

"Not for use with drop-in bedliner, tonneau covers, pivot storage boxes. bed slide, stoable bed ramps, bed mat, bed tray, vertical cargo net"

They also address the width:

"Maintains 48-inch minimum width and full length of truck bed floor space"

Here is the link:

By the way, I merged your post with an existing thread on this subject...

Reactions: ccw
Regarding the PowerPoint it looks like it would be clear judging by the relative location of the box end to the bed light. This assumes that the right side box isn't any longer than the left side box:

Screenshot_20240304-161523~2.png

Screenshot_20240304-161925~2.png

It says not for use with tonneau covers but to me it looks like some would be compatible. I can't see why something like the MX4 wouldn't work.

Thanks I came to the same conclusions you suggest during my research. I was hoping to get someone who actually has the boxes to comment. It’s a lot of money to spend given they are not returnable through Ford.

How many tie down points are going to be covered up? Will it be difficult to strap things down?

My understanding from pictures is that the 4 corner tie downs at the bed deck are still exposed

I found it on Fords website:
8ft bed ($1545.00): https://accessories.ford.com/super-duty-2023-2024-side-box-storage-for-8ft-bed-pc3z9900038b
6.75ft bed ($1495.00): https://accessories.ford.com/super-duty-2023-2024-side-box-storage-for-675ft-bed-pc3z9900038a

I ordered one for a 6.75ft bed from https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-box-assembly-pick-up-pc3z9900038a?c=bD0yJm49U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM= for $1182.55, estimated ship date it 3-4 Apr. I will post some pictures on here when it comes in and I will test it on both sides of the bed.

**Update the part is on a "National Supply Delay with no time frame as to when it will become available". I am keeping my order open and, I will report back if it ever comes in.

1711301054109.png

1711301069025.png

1711301080412.png

Last edited:
I’ve got a pair on order through Ford Accessories website, I’ll post pics and a review when I get them.

Wonder if there's enough room for an electric chainsaw in there, such as the Milwaukee M18 Fuel. I like my Pelican BX255, as it doesn't take long to remove it from the bed without having to unload it at all (and no tools), but it still takes up more bed length than I'd like.

Last edited:
I’ll gladly supply interior and entry access dimensions when my order shows up. My plan is try to create some quick locking mounts (similar to the key locking mounts that come with the Ford box link cleats) that will work with the standard box link plates in the bed side as I would like to make the boxes quickly removable. The mounts that come with the boxes require you to replace the box link plates and bolt mount the boxes to the new replacement plates.

Back