Only Overlanding Trailer Talk

Of course, if you want you can the route I did but the import costs would be pretty steep. Just under 1500 watts of solar, 600Ah lithium batteries, 540 litres of water and load sharing suspension with an all metal frame and galvanised chassis. But they don’t come any better than this, even if it’s more of a tourer than a go anywhere van.
IMG_2715.webp
 
Of course, if you want you can the route I did but the import costs would be pretty steep. Just under 1500 watts of solar, 600Ah lithium batteries, 540 litres of water and load sharing suspension with an all metal frame and galvanised chassis. But they don’t come any better than this, even if it’s more of a tourer than a go anywhere van. View attachment 148539
Wow…. I don’t want to speak for @Vermonster but also living on the east coast of the US there is no trail that exists that will fit that camper down.. maybe out west no way on the right coast. Especially VT.
 
Wow…. I don’t want to speak for @Vermonster but also living on the east coast of the US there is no trail that exists that will fit that camper down.. maybe out west no way on the right coast. Especially VT.
Unfortunately, that's true. I saw your photos of the lightning getting wood - are you in New England?
 
Unfortunately, that's true. I saw your photos of the lightning getting wood - are you in New England?
I live in Upstate NY, that picture was at my parents house in NW CT, that’s around where I grew up.
 
The ultimate!

Apocalypses Rated Off Road Trailer Featuring Bear Spray Cannons, Air Purifier, Bullet Proof Glass!​



For the casual outdoor adventures.
 
The ultimate!

Apocalypses Rated Off Road Trailer Featuring Bear Spray Cannons, Air Purifier, Bullet Proof Glass!​



For the casual outdoor adventures.
Geez, it’s difficult to believe someone makes something like that. The suspension looks extremely stiff, with barely any suspension travel. It actually bounced going over those rocks. Somer serious shortcomings there. I can’t see it lasting long where I go. Or anything inside it. As for the bullet proof glass and sprayers and Geiger counter, the most polite thing I can say is no, I don’t think so.
 
Geez, it’s difficult to believe someone makes something like that. The suspension looks extremely stiff, with barely any suspension travel. It actually bounced going over those rocks. Somer serious shortcomings there. I can’t see it lasting long where I go. Or anything inside it. As for the bullet proof glass and sprayers and Geiger counter, the most polite thing I can say is no, I don’t think so.
I agree. It was seriously a tongue in cheek reference, I can't think of anybody that would actually "need" something this. 🙄
 
I agree. It was seriously a tongue in cheek reference, I can't think of anybody that would actually "need" something this. 🙄
Idk, if I could rig up bear spray cannons around my camper and truck I think I would…. Not for bears mind you.
 
2 years ago, I bought a OPUS 2 with the Air Annex. Can't be happier with this. This camper uses airbeam technology to basically inflate a canopy over the tub. Takes about a beer and a half to inflate. We can completely set up camp in about 15 minutes. Take down is about the same. Ours has a full queen size bed in it. They have an OPUS 4, but the beds are too small for my fat ass. And it is just my wife and I with our dog. We have about 8K miles on it in every kind of weather you can imagine. It is also truly an offroad trailer. It has 16" of ground clearance, and the suspension is fully independent. If our Tremor can go there, so can the trailer. Fully articulating hitch as well. We initially bought it to be pulled by our Bronco Raptor (its only around 3K lbs fully loaded), but we like the space of the Tremor, and the Tremor doesn't really even know its back there. We've done a ton of changes to it. We completely overhauled the electrical with full lithium batteries, our solar swings up on a rack, and we have a DC/DC charger so the truck charges the lithium when goiung down the road. We also have anout 80ga water (40 internal) and 40 spares. We can be offgrid for a little over a week. Note though, this is not a full trailer as there is no toilet. Grab a shovel and get cozy with nature. We've travelled with a little chemical toilet...once. It leaked on the back trails. And you can find very lightly used ones all over facebook.
 
My research warns to steer clear of Bruder. There is an Australian facebook page called “Lemon Caravans & RV’s”. Kimberley are fine, as they’re not mentioned. But Bruder make the list worst of the worst.
And very very expensive. I was quoted north of $120K for one.
 
The ultimate!

Apocalypses Rated Off Road Trailer Featuring Bear Spray Cannons, Air Purifier, Bullet Proof Glass!​



For the casual outdoor adventures.
What a rig!
 
2 years ago, I bought a OPUS 2 with the Air Annex. Can't be happier with this. This camper uses airbeam technology to basically inflate a canopy over the tub. Takes about a beer and a half to inflate. We can completely set up camp in about 15 minutes. Take down is about the same. Ours has a full queen size bed in it. They have an OPUS 4, but the beds are too small for my fat ass. And it is just my wife and I with our dog. We have about 8K miles on it in every kind of weather you can imagine. It is also truly an offroad trailer. It has 16" of ground clearance, and the suspension is fully independent. If our Tremor can go there, so can the trailer. Fully articulating hitch as well. We initially bought it to be pulled by our Bronco Raptor (its only around 3K lbs fully loaded), but we like the space of the Tremor, and the Tremor doesn't really even know its back there. We've done a ton of changes to it. We completely overhauled the electrical with full lithium batteries, our solar swings up on a rack, and we have a DC/DC charger so the truck charges the lithium when goiung down the road. We also have anout 80ga water (40 internal) and 40 spares. We can be offgrid for a little over a week. Note though, this is not a full trailer as there is no toilet. Grab a shovel and get cozy with nature. We've travelled with a little chemical toilet...once. It leaked on the back trails. And you can find very lightly used ones all over facebook.
I’d love to see a picture of that.

IMG_1476.webp


For the reasons your listed we are running a new Wrappon WT-4 toilet in our Supertramp. It came with a chemical toilet but after Kelsey told us to leave it cracked open while traveling to make sure a poop geyser doesn’t happen we never even used it and bought the new Wrappon. It’s a bit expensive but for our use that’s just fine.
 
I’d love to see a picture of that.

View attachment 149043

For the reasons your listed we are running a new Wrappon WT-4 toilet in our Supertramp. It came with a chemical toilet but after Kelsey told us to leave it cracked open while traveling to make sure a poop geyser doesn’t happen we never even used it and bought the new Wrappon. It’s a bit expensive but for our use that’s just fine.
Definitely going to check that out. The chemical toilet sloshing around is just...unpleasant. Not to say a thing about emptying it. A whole other level of "nope".
 
Patriot Campers (built in Australia)

Sasquatch (built in Silverton, CO)

Those are hands down my two favorites!
Yup, both are tremendous. We run across a lot of Patriot campers on the trails. Owners seem very happy with them. Haven't see a Sasquatch except at overlanding expo.
 
Definitely going to check that out. The chemical toilet sloshing around is just...unpleasant. Not to say a thing about emptying it. A whole other level of "nope".
Exactly and if you travel out west with elevation changes they pressurize and squirt when opened lol…. There’s a few people on here with stories about that! I didn’t even want to consider that as an option so we did the Wrappon. It’s our second one actually we LOVED our original Wrappon Green but it just didn’t fit in the Supertramp so this new ever so slightly smaller one was purchased.
 
Definitely going to check that out. The chemical toilet sloshing around is just...unpleasant. Not to say a thing about emptying it. A whole other level of "nope".
My caravan has a chemical toilet, it has been fine. No unpleasant issues. At first I was a bit apprehensive, but the chemicals do a good job. Just need to remember to close the flap when finished. And to open it before you begin. I forgot to do that once in the early hours of the morning.
 
I am used to cleaning out RV systems (when we went camping through Acadia) right after our wedding. Unfortunately, my in-laws used it for 3-4 days prior to us leaving. I had to empty the tanks on day 2, and man, talk about lumps traveling through the pipe and into the campground tank - and all you want to do is hold your breath. I also was disappointed at how things don't all fit tight - there is slop in the outlets and inlets of the campground tanks, likely due to having no "standard" set-up, but I was worried about backsplash.

I took it up a notch when the health care system I am with bought a mobile health unit - then I was able to empty a mobile health unit tank - party time, baby. My water treatment center has a "slide" you just fan it all down into their system - so lovely.

If I remember, my grandfather used to have an incinerator outhouse at his hunting camp. That was like burning logs in a blast furnace.

I understand it happens, and it's a "dad/husband" job, but there has to be a better way - even digging holes.
 
I’d love to see a picture of that.

View attachment 149043

For the reasons your listed we are running a new Wrappon WT-4 toilet in our Supertramp. It came with a chemical toilet but after Kelsey told us to leave it cracked open while traveling to make sure a poop geyser doesn’t happen we never even used it and bought the new Wrappon. It’s a bit expensive but for our use that’s just fine.
Do you put your legs out onto that bench? Trying to figure out the alignment.
 
My caravan has a chemical toilet, it has been fine. No unpleasant issues. At first I was a bit apprehensive, but the chemicals do a good job. Just need to remember to close the flap when finished. And to open it before you begin. I forgot to do that once in the early hours of the morning.
I have a cassette toilet and served us well. If needed you can take just the cassette to dump with out moving the whole setup. I have yet to fill one enough to have to do that on a trip and you can carry extras if needed.
 
Back
Top Bottom