Only Overlanding Trailer Talk

We’re thinking about going to Newfoundland next year and we don’t want to take our Airstream because we’d like to get off the beaten path and do some exploring. We really like the Lance Enduro and think it would suit our needs but the price for a new unit is insane. I would hope by next year we could find a used one that’s priced more in line with what it’s really worth. My question is has anyone on the forums bought one and if so how do you like it? Thanks!
 
We’re thinking about going to Newfoundland next year and we don’t want to take our Airstream because we’d like to get off the beaten path and do some exploring. We really like the Lance Enduro and think it would suit our needs but the price for a new unit is insane. I would hope by next year we could find a used one that’s priced more in line with what it’s really worth. My question is has anyone on the forums bought one and if so how do you like it? Thanks!
So I don’t have any input on the enduro. Had to DuckDuckGo it actually. It’s cute. Looks like a cool little trailer. I’d be curious to know what the price is. I’d also be a little worried it’s just a regular camper thrown together like every camper with an “Overland” surcharge thrown into it….

That said I have been to Newfoundland, about 18 months ago and it was AMAZING!!!!!! Couldn’t more highly recommend. TBH the only mistake we made was not staying for a month…. Didn’t have any idea just how cool it would be there. I hope you get to take your time. “The Rock” is quite a place!
 
Yeah I think one of the axles went on that trip! You have to speed up enough so it bounces at the right frequency for the washboard 😆. Had dust EVERYWHERE inside the camper too. Fridge door blew open, huge mess but no eggs…

The tailgate also came loose and Im glad I got it back on before the cables broke and I lost it. The slot canyons are definitely worth it though. My wife almost got out of the truck going along the hells backbone road. She was white as a ghost!
Are you talking about highway 11 and the hogs back? We tow are 30 foot trailer over that 🙂 That’s an amazing road though, beautiful. And yeah, those slot canyons are awesome be we didn’t make it all the way to the hole in the rock. Maybe next time.
 
I am used to cleaning out RV systems (when we went camping through Acadia) right after our wedding. Unfortunately, my in-laws used it for 3-4 days prior to us leaving. I had to empty the tanks on day 2, and man, talk about lumps traveling through the pipe and into the campground tank - and all you want to do is hold your breath. I also was disappointed at how things don't all fit tight - there is slop in the outlets and inlets of the campground tanks, likely due to having no "standard" set-up, but I was worried about backsplash.

I took it up a notch when the health care system I am with bought a mobile health unit - then I was able to empty a mobile health unit tank - party time, baby. My water treatment center has a "slide" you just fan it all down into their system - so lovely.

If I remember, my grandfather used to have an incinerator outhouse at his hunting camp. That was like burning logs in a blast furnace.

I understand it happens, and it's a "dad/husband" job, but there has to be a better way - even digging holes.
I want an incinerating toilet for my trailer. Turns everything to ash. They are too expensive though. If they could make one fire the grey waste also then you could just have massive fresh water tanks and no waste tanks. Could be out in the boonies for a very long time.
 
We live in an Airstream and just park it at a park and then head out to explore for a few days. Just got a new F350 Tremor and building it out. Hoping to do some small trips this year. We went with the topper and RTT route. I wanted a garage in my bed so I’m building a slide for my bikes and some storage using aluminum extrusion and ply wood. Almost done with the inside. Topper and tent are on. I may build some storage for the rear set area also that I can remove if we need to haul people instead of stuff. Gotta love that 4K payload.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7734.webp
    IMG_7734.webp
    309.1 KB · Views: 59
Are you talking about highway 11 and the hogs back? We tow are 30 foot trailer over that 🙂 That’s an amazing road though, beautiful. And yeah, those slot canyons are awesome be we didn’t make it all the way to the hole in the rock. Maybe next time.
Yes the hogs back. Didn’t bother me at all I just kept hearing “slow down!” Then she saw a school bus driving kids on the road and kinda backed off😎. I think it was hwy 12 north of there that had the most amazing Aspen forest I’ve ever seen.

I’m due for another trip in that area. Kids are 16 and 18 now so they don’t want to go to cool places to do cool things with their cool parents as much anymore. Doh!
2014-04-24 13.24.42 hdr.webp
 
Last edited:
I want an incinerating toilet for my trailer. Turns everything to ash. They are too expensive though. If they could make one fire the grey waste also then you could just have massive fresh water tanks and no waste tanks. Could be out in the boonies for a very long time.
I wanted one as well (propane, not electric as it will consume too much power) but it won't physically fit in our space. The Wrappon was the next best choice.
 
I wanted one as well (propane, not electric as it will consume too much power) but it won't physically fit in our space. The Wrappon was the next best choice.
Wrappon is the Shit. Hahahahaha.
 
That dry flush toilet is awesome!
I'm digging that solution! I like the fact that there is no "aiming" involved between a urine and solids areas. This would probably be the easiest for transitioning from a typical RV black tank system.
 
That dry flush toilet is awesome!

I'm digging that solution! I like the fact that there is no "aiming" involved between a urine and solids areas. This would probably be the easiest for transitioning from a typical RV black tank system.
This is similar in concept to the Wrappon, although the Wrappon creates an individual "package" for each flush whereas this one is more of a string like a Diaper Genie.

This video is for the original Wrappon Green (which I have). They haves since changed their licensing/branding and are now sold through OK4WD:
 
That dry flush toilet is awesome!

I'm digging that solution! I like the fact that there is no "aiming" involved between a urine and solids areas. This would probably be the easiest for transitioning from a typical RV black tank system.

While I’ll agree the dry flush seems awesome on the surface, after researching it previously here’s why I think it’s not really that great….

As @catastrofe mentioned it works more like a diaper genie. Meaning once you flush it a bag advances and you use it again. If you use it once, or twice, or 14 times you have to throw the cartridge away when you’re done. There’s 15 flush’s per cartridge so unless you’re sure you’re going to use all 15 it’s a pretty big waste.

The Wrappon is similar in operation but flushes and seals single uses. About 50 flushes per refill but if you use it once on a long trip and not again for a year it’ll be just as ready to go. I can’t see a single advantage of the Dry Flush for that reason alone.
 
This is similar in concept to the Wrappon, although the Wrappon creates an individual "package" for each flush whereas this one is more of a string like a Diaper Genie.

This video is for the original Wrappon Green (which I have). They haves since changed their licensing/branding and are now sold through OK4WD:
This isn’t 100% accurate. As someone who owns both a Wrappon Green and a Wrappon WT-4 I’m very familiar with them.

First off both my Green and my WT-4 were purchased through OK4WD and the WT-4 while it is indeed sold through OK it’s also sold many other places (Van builders have lots of them).

The real differences between the older Green model and the new WT-4 is size and cost. My Green was around $800 when I bought it and the new WT-4 is double that. They both use the same refills and operate the same. The WT-4 is also marginally smaller (which is why I bought it to fit in my SuperTramp) the Green model was just too big…. Finally as far as I know they are both made in Japan. Although I’ve heard previously that the Green wasn’t always Japanese made.

Anyway I can’t more highly recommend them or I wouldn’t have spent the money on them, let alone twice….

FWIW If you do buy one OK4WD has had the best prices I have found on them.
 
Last edited:
This isn’t 100% accurate. As someone who owns both a Wrappon Green and a Wrappon WT-4 I’m very familiar with them.

First off both my Green and my WT-4 were purchased through OK4WD and the WT-4 while it is indeed sold through OK it’s also sold many other places (Van builders have lots of them).

The real differences between the older Green model and the new WT-4 is size and cost. My Green was around $800 when I bought it and the new WT-4 is double that. They both use the same refills and operate the same. The WT-4 is also marginally smaller (which is why I bought it to fit in my SuperTramp) the Green model was just too big…. Finally as far as I know they are both made in Japan. Although I’ve heard previously that the Green wasn’t always Japanese made.

Anyway I can’t more highly recommend them or I wouldn’t have spent the money on them, let alone twice….

FWIW If you do buy one OK4WD has had the best prices I have found on them.
I can see the benefit of this system. I’m glad I found both these due foush diaper genies! Haha! Much better in my opinion than the other options. Thanks for discussing this
 
We live in an Airstream and just park it at a park and then head out to explore for a few days. Just got a new F350 Tremor and building it out. Hoping to do some small trips this year. We went with the topper and RTT route. I wanted a garage in my bed so I’m building a slide for my bikes and some storage using aluminum extrusion and ply wood. Almost done with the inside. Topper and tent are on. I may build some storage for the rear set area also that I can remove if we need to haul people instead of stuff. Gotta love that 4K payload.
What made you choose the GFC topper instead of the full GFC camper?
 
If you use it once, or twice, or 14 times you have to throw the cartridge away when you’re done. There’s 15 flush’s per cartridge so unless you’re sure you’re going to use all 15 it’s a pretty big waste.
It's a valid point @TRAMPER ... My counter (not owning either one and having any personal experience, mind you) is that the Wrappon is ~$600 more than the Laveo.

Looks like they are about equal on a "per flush" basis. Either 50 Wrappon bags or (3) 15 flush Laveo cartridges for $70 give or take.

Our typical trip is 4-5 days, usually Mon-Fri as we try to avoid weekends. I think the 15 flush cartridge would be about right since there is just two of us. Over the long term if it ends up being 25% more cost due to waste that $600 will still take a looong time to equal out for us.
 
Back
Top Bottom