Music

I still love my Rock-N-Roll loud.
Best festival and memories Woodstock '94.
5 of us rented a large van and drove non-stop from San Antonio to New York.
3 days of camping out in the rain & rocking out.

I have 3 concerts scheduled this year
Apr - Rolling Stones
Aug - Def Leppard
Sep - Creed
woodstock.jpg

Jimmy Page is still the GOAT. I’ve seen them all in person live.
Cheers 🍻

Eddie Van Halen is close second. He had amazing stuff and sound like no other.

I saw Van Halen warm up for Black Sabbath (Ozzie) in 1978 in Seattle. Eddie stole the show…

Last edited:
Here's a few Rush collabs I did online some years back.
Neil was the best performing drummer. I saw him a couple times with Rush. Great performing band!!!
Cheers 🍻

We had to learn a handful of Devil Makes Three songs for a wedding gig. This was 10-12 years ago and I had never heard of them before but became a fan!

I still love my Rock-N-Roll loud.
Best festival and memories Woodstock '94.
5 of us rented a large van and drove non-stop from San Antonio to New York.
3 days of camping out in the rain & rocking out.

I have 3 concerts scheduled this year
Apr - Rolling Stones
Aug - Def Leppard
Sep - CreedView attachment 148998

I missed out in trying to get tix for the Stones in Oakland back in ‘78 (50K tix sold out in like 5 minutes!) so I called a buddy of mine that worked for OPD and asked if he had the Bill Graham Presents roster and if he was assigned to their show that day and luckily he was! Santana and Eddie Money were also performing that day. I met my buddy on Hegenberger around the corner from the Coliseum (where the A’s play) and he picked me up in his cruiser and took me right in the PD access gate and drove right up to the backstage entry drive! He gave me his OPD windbreaker to wear and we walked to the side stage area and he hung out with me for a bit before resuming his duties on the grounds while I stayed there and enjoyed the show! It was amazing!

Turned out that was the only live Stones show I ever attended!

Sometimes it was good being a cop!😉

I'm mainly Hard Rock, Heavy Metal (Five Finger, Disturbed, Slipknot etc.). Going to see Judas Priest in May.

Your play list looks like one of my sons!👍

He went to a SlipKnot gig years ago and came home with a t-shirt of them for me. I get quite the look when I wear it at the marina where I keep a boat!🫣😂

He went to a SlipKnot gig years ago and came home with a t-shirt of them for me. I get quite the look when I wear it at the marina where I keep a boat!🫣😂
😂 add Korn to that and your set!

My youth was in 80s and 90s so started out with hair bands and transitioned to rap in the 90s. I listen to a little bit of everything now.

Also going to see Slipknot in September at the Louder than Life in Louisville. I too get strange looks when people see who I listen to. I was raised in a Rock and roll family. It's in the blood.

I’ll let my son know!
It’ll buy me some Internet cred with him that I am on a forum with a SlipKnot fan!
I might as well throw Korn in there too! I don’t doubt I paid for his tix for their show at some point! He has their t-shirts as well! But none for me!😞

I’m sure I will be bombarded with questions after I tell him!👍😂

We had to learn a handful of Devil Makes Three songs for a wedding gig. This was 10-12 years ago and I had never heard of them before but became a fan!
both of those bands are great live.... high energy rooms. Of all places, I first found DMT on a surf trip in Indonesia 2008. Seen 'em live 5 or 6 times. I've borrowed many a banjo lick from Cooper over the years. Same from the picker in Dead South. They were early punk band musicians that found their sound.

Gonna go see these guys in June.

Stumbled across this song the other day and I can’t stop listening to it! So good.

I saw Devil Makes Three many years ago at a small bar venue. Prob around the same time Do Wrong Right was released, so maybe '09 or '10. They're a fantastic studio band but, at least that night, they were absolutely soulless live. One of the most boring shows I've ever been at. Close your eyes that night and they sounded exactly like they did in their recordings. Open em and all you saw were emotionless robots who might as well been lip-syncing. Even their side remarks and banter seemed scripted. It sucked cause I was super psyched to see em play. We left midway thru their second set and I don't think I ever really listened to them again.

Back