📍 Meet-Up Moab, UT off-road meet-up - Sept. 24 - 27, 2026 - Attendees: Post your favorite photos and share highlights / favorite memories

Added to Calendar: 09-24-26

Meet-Up📍
Ya sorry, that squeeze is not worth the juice I am afraid :LOL:. Dave does not mind cause he wraps his truck in prophylactics. But I am not sure that would protect it in this case.
 
been thinking about it

ai says i have 5inches to squirm through

secondly
thinking about what driving up one side 3 or 4 feet would do getting through there.

would it get you far enough over to clear the top corner of the cab or would it still put you into the opposite wall. 🤷‍♂️

you could leave the mirrors out this way though 😅🤣😂😅🤣😂🤣😂🤣


it'll be interesting
🤣😂🤣😂🤣
 
Updated list. Let me know if I've missed you on the confirmed, pending, or have your location incorrect/missing. This is looking to be another epic meet-up if everyone listed below (and others not listed) decide to join in. We're currently at an estimated 41 trucks, and if I'm counting correctly, coming from 15 different states!

Confirmed Attendees
  1. @DTX2023Tremor – TX
  2. @Apples – CA
  3. @Toxophilite – AZ
  4. @mrmag00 – WA
  5. @Rooster - TX
  6. @Trophyhunter01 - TX
  7. @speeddev - TX
  8. @Mtnduty - AZ
  9. @Godzilla/Tremornator - TX
  10. @Camarox2 - CA
  11. @Optimus🤖 - NV
  12. @cntyguy – CA
  13. @Tugboat – ID
  14. @TellurideTremor – TX
  15. @Mister Bevilaqua - TX
  16. @JDP - OK
  17. @ajos0512 – FL
  18. @ajos0512 (friend) – FL
  19. @JayTremor - NV
  20. @FuelTankReInforcedSkidPlt – CO
  21. @Quiet Riptide - CA
  22. @Rocnwilly - KY
  23. @idrivea2022tremor - CA
  24. @Donnie With A Dee – MO
  25. @Briski – CO
Pending Confirmation
  1. @legmar / @MrsLegler / babyLegler – TX
  2. @NightForceFan – TX
  3. @OmahaBravo – OK
  4. @AZsurveyor – AZ
  5. @MrFancypants – AZ
  6. @Wirelessguy – UT
  7. @MackDaddy33 – TX
  8. @Tbell – IA
  9. @doyall – LA
  10. @AndyD78 – TX
  11. @gsea – UT
  12. @Streetcruzer – IN
  13. @TMartinLVNV - NV
  14. @UnderlandOffroad - CA
  15. @RS90 - WI
  16. @Holen’one - CO
Check out post #65 for details on where we'll be staying: https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/...odations-update-see-post-65.22187/post-516226
Updated attendee list. If you're still on the fence, I suggest booking your accommodations sooner rather than later. If you're not finding anything available that meets your needs at the Moab RV resort, reach out if you need alternative recommendations as there are a couple of other sites that are similar to what we booked.
 
been thinking about it

ai says i have 5inches to squirm through

secondly
thinking about what driving up one side 3 or 4 feet would do getting through there.

would it get you far enough over to clear the top corner of the cab or would it still put you into the opposite wall. 🤷‍♂️

you could leave the mirrors out this way though 😅🤣😂😅🤣😂🤣😂🤣


it'll be interesting
🤣😂🤣😂🤣
We made it through unscathed in a third gen Tacoma, it won’t happen in a superduty.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2230.webp
    IMG_2230.webp
    228.8 KB · Views: 18
We made it through unscathed in a third gen Tacoma, it won’t happen in a superduty.
i totally beleive it won't happen in your superduty. no doubt!!!!

bet you'd say ya can't plug a sidewall rip either????
🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣

if a F250 can go through it unscratched I plan to make it happen.

if it truly isn't possible, i plan to back out of it unscratched too. if i have to. hope i don't!!!!

most of all i plan to have fun whatever the outcome is.

i really really enjoy going where folks are adamant about where these tremors can't go.

black bear pass was a blast

elephant hill is going to be another awesome experience

mirrors in, thinkin skinny
🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
 
Hummer Rock on Flat Iron Mesa or the Cliff Hanger obstacle on Cliff Hanger are extremely scary in large rigs. I don’t recall the squeeze on Elephant Hill being much of an obstacle in a full-size unless it’s changed a lot. Just the switchbacks at the start/end.

I always ran it with doors off if I recall and definitely full length rock sliders so that might make the difference. Cliff Hanger is just spooky. So is some of Moab Rim. Pritchett is my favorite trail for a built rig (and run Behind the Rocks backward to make a full day.)
 
Last edited:
I'll admit

while i think i could get through pritchett. it can't be done in our trucks without incurring damage. so that is not a trail I'll do on my truck.

maybe after i get my next Tremor & make a rock crawler with all skip plates & rock sliders, duel stick transfer case, drive train (driveshaft) protection, bed gone with departure angle fixed, etc on this one.

that'll be fun if i can actually ever get that done. way fun!!!!!!

some day

anyway
for now
elephant hill "the squeeze" everyone seems to think is a no way

 
Maybe it’s
washed out a bit, it’s been a long time since I did Elephant Rock in my Ram.

No doubt Pritchett needs a built rig with lots of protection and lockers. I have only made it up Rockpile once without winching and Rocker Knocker is a full commitment obstacle.

The last time I rented a built Jeep they told me I couldn’t take it on Kane Creek and I was like “what that’s a stock trail” and they claimed it needed 39”s on a Rubicon (the rental had 35”s)
 
I'll admit

while i think i could get through pritchett. it can't be done in our trucks without incurring damage. so that is not a trail I'll do on my truck.

maybe after i get my next Tremor & make a rock crawler with all skip plates & rock sliders, duel stick transfer case, drive train (driveshaft) protection, bed gone with departure angle fixed, etc on this one.

that'll be fun if i can actually ever get that done. way fun!!!!!!

some day

anyway
for now
elephant hill "the squeeze" everyone seems to think is a no way

I'll try it 🤪.
 
Might be a bit much for a full body rig. Into Rocker Knocker and back out is good. i’ve done it through with a full body but not without damage (and a broken axle shaft or two). Rocker Knocker tests your resolve and rocker protection.

Rockpile tests your winch and probably your driveshaft on a crew cab.
I'll try it 🤪.
 
Last edited:
I would like to make this meet up work for me. I’ve already got the requisite pinstriping. I have my Lone Peak camper always on my truck - so I don’t even really need a reservation anywhere -just a place to park and pop the top. What I’m not sure about is getting time off of work.
 
I would like to make this meet up work for me. I’ve already got the requisite pinstriping. I have my Lone Peak camper always on my truck - so I don’t even really need a reservation anywhere -just a place to park and pop the top. What I’m not sure about is getting time off of work.
If there's enough space, you're more than welcome to park in front of my rented RV!

#45 circled in red:

1000029111.webp
 
If there's enough space, you're more than welcome to park in front of my rented RV!

#45 circled in red:

View attachment 246377
Sold!

Seriously tho, I need to work the logistics of this trip. I went through Moab in my way back from WA state his December and really wanted to spend more time exploring.
 
Depending on my schedule I would like to be there. My parents are usually in town then for my moms birthday so usually try to be there. (If anyone golfs, they hit the course everyday for 18 walking) unfortunately I may fly and rent as 15 hour drive is kind of lame.
 
Depending on my schedule I would like to be there. My parents are usually in town then for my moms birthday so usually try to be there. (If anyone golfs, they hit the course everyday for 18 walking) unfortunately I may fly and rent as 15 hour drive is kind of lame.
We're coming from Springfield MO, 4 hours more. Man up!
 
We did birthdays
at Mesa Verde last year and dropped the camper in Red RIver. So it’s doable. But the trip home is what created the rabbit hole that is now the Tremor. The big issue is I typically have a meeting that week in Tulsa.
 
Just now coming across this.... if I can make it I will. But these dates coincide with previous commitments.
We shall see!
 
UPDATE: Permits and Requirements for the Moab Trip – We're All Clear

As I've been working through the logistics for this trip, someone raised a question about whether our group might need permits from the BLM or need to meet any Utah state OHV requirements. It was a fair question—some off-road groups have run into issues with land management agencies requiring permits, insurance, and other documentation for organized gatherings on public lands.

I wanted to get a definitive answer rather than assume, so I did some research and then called the BLM Moab Field Office directly to ask. Here's what I found out:

BLM Permit: NOT REQUIRED

I spoke with Jeremy at the Moab Field Office. He confirmed that only two specific trails in the Moab area require permits from the BLM, and none of our planned routes are on that list. More importantly, the Special Recreation Permit requirement applies to commercially organized activities—where participants are paying to join, there's a paid guide, or it's otherwise a commercial venture. Since our meetup is just a personal group of enthusiasts getting together on our own dime, no permit is required.

I disclosed our expected group size (25+ trucks confirmed, potentially 40+), and that didn't change anything. As long as we're not running a commercial operation, we're good to go.

Utah State OHV Requirements: ALSO NOT REQUIRED FOR US

Jeremy mentioned that Utah has its own OHV requirements, so I looked into those as well. Here's the key takeaway:

All registered vehicles (jeeps, trucks, etc.) do not require any additional permits.

Utah's OHV permit and education course requirements apply to ATVs, UTVs, side-by-sides, off-highway motorcycles, and similar vehicles. Street Legal Full Size Vehicles (i.e. Jeeps), snowmobiles, husbandry vehicles or registrants at a sanctioned OHV event are exempt from Utah's OHV Education Course requirement.

Since our Tremors are street-legal, registered, and plated full-size trucks, we fall into the exempt category. You do NOT need to:
  • Purchase a Utah non-resident OHV permit
  • Complete Utah's OHV Education Course
  • Display any special OHV stickers
What You DO Need

Just the basics you'd need for any road trip:
  • Valid driver's license
  • Current vehicle registration (displayed on your truck as usual)
  • Proof of insurance
  • Your truck in good working order
A Few Trail Reminders

While we don't need permits, we should still be good stewards of the land:
  • Stay on designated trails—off-trail travel is prohibited and carries serious penalties
  • Maximum speed limit on all 4x4 trails is 15 mph
  • Pack out all trash (Leave No Trace)
  • Respect other trail users
  • If you air down, make sure you have a way to air back up
Bottom Line

No permits. No special registrations. No courses to complete. Just show up with your Tremor, a valid license, and a sense of adventure.

One less thing to worry about—now we can focus on the fun stuff.

Questions? Drop them below.
 
UPDATE: Permits and Requirements for the Moab Trip – We're All Clear

As I've been working through the logistics for this trip, someone raised a question about whether our group might need permits from the BLM or need to meet any Utah state OHV requirements. It was a fair question—some off-road groups have run into issues with land management agencies requiring permits, insurance, and other documentation for organized gatherings on public lands.

I wanted to get a definitive answer rather than assume, so I did some research and then called the BLM Moab Field Office directly to ask. Here's what I found out:

BLM Permit: NOT REQUIRED

I spoke with Jeremy at the Moab Field Office. He confirmed that only two specific trails in the Moab area require permits from the BLM, and none of our planned routes are on that list. More importantly, the Special Recreation Permit requirement applies to commercially organized activities—where participants are paying to join, there's a paid guide, or it's otherwise a commercial venture. Since our meetup is just a personal group of enthusiasts getting together on our own dime, no permit is required.

I disclosed our expected group size (25+ trucks confirmed, potentially 40+), and that didn't change anything. As long as we're not running a commercial operation, we're good to go.

Utah State OHV Requirements: ALSO NOT REQUIRED FOR US

Jeremy mentioned that Utah has its own OHV requirements, so I looked into those as well. Here's the key takeaway:

All registered vehicles (jeeps, trucks, etc.) do not require any additional permits.

Utah's OHV permit and education course requirements apply to ATVs, UTVs, side-by-sides, off-highway motorcycles, and similar vehicles. Street Legal Full Size Vehicles (i.e. Jeeps), snowmobiles, husbandry vehicles or registrants at a sanctioned OHV event are exempt from Utah's OHV Education Course requirement.

Since our Tremors are street-legal, registered, and plated full-size trucks, we fall into the exempt category. You do NOT need to:
  • Purchase a Utah non-resident OHV permit
  • Complete Utah's OHV Education Course
  • Display any special OHV stickers
What You DO Need

Just the basics you'd need for any road trip:
  • Valid driver's license
  • Current vehicle registration (displayed on your truck as usual)
  • Proof of insurance
  • Your truck in good working order
A Few Trail Reminders

While we don't need permits, we should still be good stewards of the land:
  • Stay on designated trails—off-trail travel is prohibited and carries serious penalties
  • Maximum speed limit on all 4x4 trails is 15 mph
  • Pack out all trash (Leave No Trace)
  • Respect other trail users
  • If you air down, make sure you have a way to air back up
Bottom Line

No permits. No special registrations. No courses to complete. Just show up with your Tremor, a valid license, and a sense of adventure.

One less thing to worry about—now we can focus on the fun stuff.

Questions? Drop them below.
So I'm permitted to go!?
 
Back
Top Bottom