FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Got the email today! Ordered 3/15/22
Build 8/22/22 350 lariat, ultimate pkg, quad beams, panoramic roof 5th wheel package, hopefully everything goes through alright but I have my doubts, I have no clue how the scheduling works, buddy of mine ordered basically same thing different color November/21 and he got his build date 8/29 makes no sense
 
I was scheduled today also. Ordered 3/30 and confirmed the same day. 250 CCSB ultimate package, BAP, clearance lights, up fitter switches, Antimatter Blue. Smaller dealership. They were expecting me to be scheduled several weeks ago but I am guessing allocations pushed that back to today.
 
Got the email today! Ordered 3/15/22
Build 8/22/22 350 lariat, ultimate pkg, quad beams, panoramic roof 5th wheel package, hopefully everything goes through alright but I have my doubts, I have no clue how the scheduling works, buddy of mine ordered basically same thing different color November/21 and he got his build date 8/29 makes no sense
Hey we have the Same Build Date Congrats
 
Nope radio silence have not heard anything from their “delivery team” or whatever the hell they call it I tried calling and was told I have to wait for an email from this so called delivery team to talk to anybody about what’s going on I need them to get their ass in gear though I need to set everything up before hand with my cu and get the loan check sent to me so I can make one 260 mile round trip down there and back
I may take a spin down there tomorrow afternoon to see if my truck is visible.

My financing is all in place, and I’m not trading my 2016 in.

It’s close enough for me to stop by. I’m sure they are inundated. They supposedly received several SD deliveries over the last week.
 
Still no scheduling for me, 11/19 order 😞
 
Got the email today! Ordered 3/15/22
Build 8/22/22 350 lariat, ultimate pkg, quad beams, panoramic roof 5th wheel package, hopefully everything goes through alright but I have my doubts, I have no clue how the scheduling works, buddy of mine ordered basically same thing different color November/21 and he got his build date 8/29 makes no sense
I’m getting more and more pissed off that I didn’t order the loaded lariat instead of the platinum.
 
I’m getting more and more pissed off that I didn’t order the loaded lariat instead of the platinum.
I'm a value lariat late feb order (mar 3) confirmation, haven't been scheduled yet if you were thinking the platinum aspect was delaying you compared to these mid/late march orders getting scheduled.

Carb gray, lariat, value, BAP, 5th wheel, skid plates, camera package, upfitters, heated rear.
 
Crickets again
 
Crickets. Only been 6 1/2 months....
 
Still no scheduling for me, 11/19 order 😞
Ordered 11/16/21. Crickets other than confirmation email and delay email from Ford. Dealer just worse than useless, no effort or interest.

Last Sunday my patience ran out and I emailed 5 exec's at Dearbon and didn't expect anything but at least felt better. Next day morning, email and they are on the phone looking into my situation. Today I received schedule build for August 22nd. I don't believe in coincidence.

Spoke with dealer today, he had no clue and hadn't bothered to check my order. He mumbled something about 'prices have gone up since order' due to change (they deleted the spray-in bed liner to speed things up which had no effect). I told them I would be there in the morning with my lawyer and my signed order to discuss any attempt to price gouge.

Lariat Tremor 7.3, Atlas Blue, Ultimate, Black Appearance Package, Moonroof & some others options.
 
Went to the dealer to get final price with XPlan so my bank could cut the check. When I got the total, it was for the new window sticker MSRP and not my original order price. I had the information I’ve read here, documents from Ford about price protection, and the YouTube video on my phone.

The assisting salesman (my original was out of the office) was pretty new so when I asked him about price protection, he went and got the floor manager. I told him the situation and he said they can’t do anything about that. I asked for my signed order sheet with XPlan on it and he said he couldn’t find it. I saw it in the folder initially when I asked for my out the door price. More shuffling of papers and he can’t find it. I reiterated that it was there and I saw it, check again. Finally it was found magically on his desk, not the sales agent’s office.

I go back and forth with him showing proof of the original price and the increase on the window sticker. Keeping calm, never raising my voice, I explained the situation probably a dozen times. Showed him the Ford docs again, the YouTube video, but still nothing. He kept saying he can finance my truck and I don’t need to worry. I said no thanks, my bank will have my check. Finally he called Ford.

Ford rep said that price protection was indeed valid. And it would have to be marked on the order that was placed by my original salesman…

Original salesman never marked it on the submission and assured me that all I needed to do was bring my pin at purchase. That’s my mistake for not getting it in writing or double checking the order. Ford rep explained that they will need to honor the original price with XPlan and how the dealer will need to cut me a check for the difference. Thankfully he explained the process to the floor manager on how to process the refund. I got all of that in writing and signed just in case.

I’m going in next week to button up the purchase. If there’s any changes, I’ve got documentation at this point. Now I’m curious to see how long they will take to refund the difference.

Thanks @gommer for the write up. I read it a few times over in between the salesman and floor manager walking in and out of the office to make sure I was providing accurate information.
 

Attachments

  • 47899218-88D8-4D1B-BCC9-9502E1E91FCC.webp
    47899218-88D8-4D1B-BCC9-9502E1E91FCC.webp
    296.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 737DFDD4-417D-41B0-8D9A-43E8B653070E.webp
    737DFDD4-417D-41B0-8D9A-43E8B653070E.webp
    291.8 KB · Views: 78
Forgot to add that when the floor manager kept trying to push the financing, it was because he wanted me to close the deal today. This is word for word from him, “Sometimes those trucks can get sold even if a customer ordered it”. Do they find it amusing to irritate customers?

I checked their website, my truck was listed for sale, which I’m sure they do with all incoming vehicles, but still, not a good look from the floor manager.
 
Forgot to add that when the floor manager kept trying to push the financing, it was because he wanted me to close the deal today. This is word for word from him, “Sometimes those trucks can get sold even if a customer ordered it”. Do they find it amusing to irritate customers?

I checked their website, my truck was listed for sale, which I’m sure they do with all incoming vehicles, but still, not a good look from the floor manager.
Do dealers actually try to be complete scumbags or do they just not know they are doing it?
 
Do dealers actually try to be complete scumbags or do they just not know they are doing it?

I heard it all today, “current market”, “inventory issues”, “we want to earn your business but we need to make money too” blah blah blah.

This is the closest dealer to my house so I gravitated to it, and when placing my order, they sang a completely different tune of yes sir, no problem, we will make sure you get the price and everything you are ordering.
 
Forgot to add that when the floor manager kept trying to push the financing, it was because he wanted me to close the deal today. This is word for word from him, “Sometimes those trucks can get sold even if a customer ordered it”. Do they find it amusing to irritate customers?

I checked their website, my truck was listed for sale, which I’m sure they do with all incoming vehicles, but still, not a good look from the floor manager.
What a fucking douche bag.
 
So I ordered two trucks , Lariat in December and a Platinum in January. The Lariat keeps getting bumped , most recent build is week of 8/8. The Platinum came in yesterday evening . The estimated date of delivery was for next week, and the ford tracker still shows in transit . Lol

I will not be taking delivery of the Platinum, waiting for the other truck. I prefer the black appearance package , and the power running boards, that they forgot to add to the platinum. Wasn't sure if the trucks were gonna get built . I told myself , if the platinum came in first and I didn't have a vin for the lariat . I would just take the platinum.

But once I received the build date for the platinum, within a week or two I got the lariat info . So it's only another month out .

So this is sitting at the dealership now , Suburban Ford of Sterling heights MI. I did post a thread about it, but I figured to post it here as well.

IMG_1413.webpScreenshot_20220714-220130_Drive.webp
 
I ordered last October so it's been 9 months but I finally took delivery last night. I had the usual drama with the dealer not wanting to honor the price protection. In the end it worked out with a compromise from both sides that was acceptable. You could tell that the dealer would have been more than happy if I waled away so he could make an extra $10k on the deal. it really limits the leverage you have as a buyer and it's frustrating.

That all melted away as I drove off the lot with exactly the truck I wanted. Bigfoot (*sigh* - nephew named it and it stuck) is a AMB F-350 Platty with all the trimmings. First impressions are: the ride is much better than I expected, the tires are a bit squirrelly (can't wait until they are broken in) and I was surprised at how quiet it is inside. I was originally going to do a cat back but there is something about the subtle growl of the engine has me thinking I may leave it for a while. Given this will be primarily used as a tow vehicle for a new Airstream, I think the quietness will be welcome so I can have a better chance of hearing anything going wrong with the hitch or trailer. The exhaust is still on the mod list (who can resist the sound of a big growling V8) but it dropped way down in priority.

On another note for those who had the MCS delete - don't fret. They are interesting but I can see them becoming a seldom used feature. Maybe during very long hauls but other than that not so much. There are many more options that could have been removed that would be way more impactful to the daily use of the truck than those.

Pictures are coming - it's been an exhausting week at work and it badly needs a good cleaning and detail first. The transport leaves them quite grimy even after the dealer "wash".
 
Ordered 11/16/21. Crickets other than confirmation email and delay email from Ford. Dealer just worse than useless, no effort or interest.

Last Sunday my patience ran out and I emailed 5 exec's at Dearbon and didn't expect anything but at least felt better. Next day morning, email and they are on the phone looking into my situation. Today I received schedule build for August 22nd. I don't believe in coincidence.

Spoke with dealer today, he had no clue and hadn't bothered to check my order. He mumbled something about 'prices have gone up since order' due to change (they deleted the spray-in bed liner to speed things up which had no effect). I told them I would be there in the morning with my lawyer and my signed order to discuss any attempt to price gouge.

Lariat Tremor 7.3, Atlas Blue, Ultimate, Black Appearance Package, Moonroof & some others options.
My-Cousin-Vinny_Joe-Pesci.webp


Is this your lawyer?
 
Back
Top Bottom