FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Not likely. As someone who's worked in those positions at similarly sized corporations I can tell you no one of significance ever saw your email. If one ever did get past my staff and through filters -- at best I would forward them.

In the best of circumstances, some type of leadership support staff would have communicated with you and then forwarded that communication over to whomever they thought was the right person to deal with the contact.

I emphasize thought because inside these corporations even people who've worked there a decade or more may not know the correct person or group to forward such a request to. Even if they've done it a thousand times before.

The proper contact to get traction is your dealer -> zone rep. Maybe, maybe you could find out who your zone rep is and get traction but I even doubt that. Ford has hundreds of thousands of customers a year -- they've built plenty of systems to filter and process customer contact.

My bet would be whoever you were communicating with forwarded your contact to Ford Marketing who put a ticket in the system that probably filtered over to whatever their scheduling process is. You'd likely have gotten the same results from getting a good contact at Ford Marketing.

Just my guess...

Actually I think it does make a difference and it does work. My truck is in production right now and it had been rescheduled 10 times after waiting since July of last year. I was frustrated and actually saw @dudewheresmytruck post about emailing executives, so I figured I’d give it a shot. My last 2 reschedules i was set for 5/30 and then moved to 6/16. An executive from the Dearborn office called me and gave me her personal number and said she would contact the scheduling department and get me built… less than a week later i am in production (before the 5/30 or 6/16 pushed back dates). With multiple members having the same story, I don’t believe it’s coincidence.
 
Not likely. As someone who's worked in those positions at similarly sized corporations I can tell you no one of significance ever saw your email. If one ever did get past my staff and through filters -- at best I would forward them.

In the best of circumstances, some type of leadership support staff would have communicated with you and then forwarded that communication over to whomever they thought was the right person to deal with the contact.

I emphasize thought because inside these corporations even people who've worked there a decade or more may not know the correct person or group to forward such a request to. Even if they've done it a thousand times before.

The proper contact to get traction is your dealer -> zone rep. Maybe, maybe you could find out who your zone rep is and get traction but I even doubt that. Ford has hundreds of thousands of customers a year -- they've built plenty of systems to filter and process customer contact.

My bet would be whoever you were communicating with forwarded your contact to Ford Marketing who put a ticket in the system that probably filtered over to whatever their scheduling process is. You'd likely have gotten the same results from getting a good contact at Ford Marketing.

Just my guess...

Oh, I wasn't anticipating my emails would ever find their way to anyone of significant power, it was just away for me to blow off some steam.

Appreciate the insight though.
 
I bet Ford didn’t send out something telling all the lightning order holders that no multi-contour/active motion seats. Bet that’s where the modules and parts are going. Still beyond pissed. I will take the truck just to keep the dealer from profiting man insane markup and then I will sell it and buy another brand. Done with Ford after 38 years of loyalty.
 
I bet Ford didn’t send out something telling all the lightning order holders that no multi-contour/active motion seats. Bet that’s where the modules and parts are going. Still beyond pissed. I will take the truck just to keep the dealer from profiting man insane markup and then I will sell it and buy another brand. Done with Ford after 38 years of loyalty.

I would imagine the lighting would already have whatever 23MY equipment would be, not the 22MY.

Not that it'd be of any comfort to those getting screwed in this deal -- but I think the SD orders were given the highest priority.

Someone posted back in November or December, in this thread, that they worked for a company making seat components and that they were already in the process of shifting over to the 23MY seats. Noting that they were in fact very different from previous model years and basically predicting there was going to come a point where irresolvable constraints would occur due to that.

Looks like they were right. Wouldn't be surprised if it gets worse.
 
Ordered on March 30th 2022
VIN on May 2nd 2022
Found out today it's in production and I have a window sticker.

Carpet delete isnt mentioned on the sticker which is annoying, but I can live with it.

F250 Lariat, agate black, 7.3L, black appearance, ultimate, adaptive steering, 5th wheel, spray liner, winch, double batteries/397 amp alternator, 360 tow camera, no sunroof, 9900 lb GVWR.

Congrats, I finally had someone pass me with mostly apples/apples order. :p Feb 28 order F350 lariat, carb grey, black appearance, value, no adaptive, 5th wheel, told them they could delete liner if needed, no winch/dual, 360 tow/camera, no sunroof.
 
Ive been communicating with a local GM dealer about an AT4 that they have in stock. The sticker lists a bunch of items that aren't on the truck but are listed as "later retrofit". I asked the sales guy to clarify and he said that these are items that WILL be installed when they become available. At least GM is giving the option of having these features add (Heated rear seats, Heated steering wheel, front heated and ventilated seats, and front/rear parking sensors).

Super frustrating that ford doesn't even seem to be making a retrofit an option for the MultiContour seats.
 
Ive been communicating with a local GM dealer about an AT4 that they have in stock. The sticker lists a bunch of items that aren't on the truck but are listed as "later retrofit". I asked the sales guy to clarify and he said that these are items that WILL be installed when they become available. At least GM is giving the option of having these features add (Heated rear seats, Heated steering wheel, front heated and ventilated seats, and front/rear parking sensors).

Super frustrating that ford doesn't even seem to be making a retrofit an option for the MultiContour seats.
That sounds like a nightmare
 
At least it's an option. This whole ordering experience has been a nightmare.
I agree at least they are not taking Ford’s position and just telling the consumer to take it and love it or leave it and someone else will love it because we don’t really care if you like it or not
 
Would someone be able to track my rail car and give me the website so I can find my truck? I'm dying of excitement!!! BNSF 303126 built 05/04 and "in transit". CSX line says the car has been released and the rail car is in Quebec. I'm in SE VA on the coast!!!! Thanks in advance, God bless
 
Congratulations!! Pics please.

Congratulations! Happy for you!
Thanks! Stoked. Pictures will be down the road a bit. Haven't heard from the dealership yet (waiting on their call back). Kid's sports all weekend, and I know the dealership has to prep it, so I don't imagine I'll get myself over there until the new week. Then I'm taking it straight to undercoating where they keep it a week! Well, I've waited this long
 
With the whole "Multi-Contoured Seats" bomb that just dropped, I'm curious when the last round of Plattys and KRs shipped with the correct seat feature.

Can any of you specify the latest truck that arrived with these seats? It would be interesting to see when the option was discontinued and how many of the MY22 will be produced without this feature. I'm struggling with the thought of picking up my Platinum step-child if and when it ever gets built.
 
With the whole "Multi-Contoured Seats" bomb that just dropped, I'm curious when the last round of Plattys and KRs shipped with the correct seat feature.

Can any of you specify the latest truck that arrived with these seats? It would be interesting to see when the option was discontinued and how many of the MY22 will be produced without this feature. I'm struggling with the thought of picking up my Platinum step-child if and when it ever gets built.
My Platinum was built the week of April 18th and shipped April 23rd. Arrived at the dealer yesterday.
 
Back
Top Bottom