FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Funny Story...........Well - Maybe Not!

I went in for a routine oil change this morning. I spoke to the service manager whom I have known for years. I knew that he bought a MY21 F250 gas and had ongoing multiple issues so he started process of buy back under Lemon Law with Ford and ordered a MY22 gas to replace it.

Ok....So they got the new 22 and drove it for a couple of days and didnt like the color so returned it to dealer. Then, Got another 22 gas with Tremor package added and didnt like the squat with their 5500# steel horse trailer bumper pull so returned it to dealer lot. The 3rd 22 gas non tremor is on order with our dealer and waiting for build.

Really? So my sales guy walks in and I chat it up then I'm like WTF dude. 2 trucks returned already and I dont even have a build date for my F350 diesel Lariat Tremor ordered on 3/19 and he says Well they ordered XLT value trucks! Ohhh - Ok, My Bad! Well it sounds like they would rather Sell 2 - 60k trucks versus only 1 80k truck?

Icing on the cake for the dealer I guess as they had 2 trucks added to inventory to sell at MSRP or 5-7k above instead of Dealer Employee Plan pricing.

Major Slap in the Face to Retail Customers!

Another dealer 30 miles away has 28 SD that are 50/50 in stock or in transit and can be yours for 5k -6.5k over msrp. ( Mostly XL or XLT but a couple of Lariats ) Another example of Ford taking care of their retail customers right?

What are the odds that I get my First 22MY truck before the service manager gets his 3rd truck? :mad:

Anyway....Good Luck to Everyone this Thursday! 🍻
 
Well after a long and often frustrating journey my truck arrived at the dealership yesterday. I ordered my truck on April 29 but the dealership didn’t send the order in until May 11, but I’m glad it’s finally here. Maybe now I can get some things done I need to, instead of checking the trackers and spreadsheet 33 times a day ever since I got my VIN in August. Good luck to everyone still waiting..
 

Attachments

  • 012E1922-EB7D-46BF-A6F4-262C6FFD0158.webp
    012E1922-EB7D-46BF-A6F4-262C6FFD0158.webp
    462.3 KB · Views: 152
  • ADDAE682-8C51-4A9A-9381-404AB36EA602.webp
    ADDAE682-8C51-4A9A-9381-404AB36EA602.webp
    311.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 3449ED6D-C975-4320-8F96-DEDF60958A8B.webp
    3449ED6D-C975-4320-8F96-DEDF60958A8B.webp
    367.9 KB · Views: 151
Well after a long and often frustrating journey my truck arrived at the dealership yesterday. I ordered my truck on April 29 but the dealership didn’t send the order in until May 11, but I’m glad it’s finally here. Maybe now I can get some things done I need to, instead of checking the trackers and spreadsheet 33 times a day ever since I got my VIN in August. Good luck to everyone still waiting..
Congrats, that’s a good looking truck! Enjoy
 
Well after a long and often frustrating journey my truck arrived at the dealership yesterday. I ordered my truck on April 29 but the dealership didn’t send the order in until May 11, but I’m glad it’s finally here. Maybe now I can get some things done I need to, instead of checking the trackers and spreadsheet 33 times a day ever since I got my VIN in August. Good luck to everyone still waiting..
That's my Truck! - Great Looking Combo!
Can't Wait - ENJOY!! :D
 
What would y'all say is the average time between build week and trucks being delivered? I live in SC but ordered from Chapman Ford in Pennsylvania, at the suggestion of some members on here. Ordered 7/29, got a build week of 11/15. Just trying to make some tentative plans work and family wise for when I should plan on going up there to pick it up
 
What would y'all say is the average time between build week and trucks being delivered? I live in SC but ordered from Chapman Ford in Pennsylvania, at the suggestion of some members on here. Ordered 7/29, got a build week of 11/15. Just trying to make some tentative plans work and family wise for when I should plan on going up there to pick it up
I think the tracking spread sheet showed the average time between build completion and delivery is around 12-14 days.
 
Last edited:
Maybe now I can get some things done I need to, instead of checking the trackers and spreadsheet 33 times a day ever since I got my VIN in August. Good luck to everyone still waiting..
It's like crack you'll be back looking just make sure it says delivered and not just a dream.
 
Well after a long and often frustrating journey my truck arrived at the dealership yesterday. I ordered my truck on April 29 but the dealership didn’t send the order in until May 11, but I’m glad it’s finally here. Maybe now I can get some things done I need to, instead of checking the trackers and spreadsheet 33 times a day ever since I got my VIN in August. Good luck to everyone still waiting..
Very nice! I know you waited a while! Same color combo as mine!
 
What would y'all say is the average time between build week and trucks being delivered? I live in SC but ordered from Chapman Ford in Pennsylvania, at the suggestion of some members on here. Ordered 7/29, got a build week of 11/15. Just trying to make some tentative plans work and family wise for when I should plan on going up there to pick it up
From the tracker spreadsheet I copied the "Delivered" page into an Excel spreadsheet, sorted the data by state (column P) and looked at the average for my state. My average delivery time was 12 days and it was right on the money. It took an extra day for the dealer to install the winch. It is now in my driveway.
 
Yes. Got a vin Sept 16th when ford sent me an email that I was scheduled week of 10/18. Email again "in production" on 10/20. Then window sticker populated 10/21.
10/24 @ 11:04 am, another Ford email that said my production date changed to week of 10/25.
That is all consistent. They are typically built 7 days after window sticker is issued. Probably will be build in the later half of this week since your WS was issued later in the week last week.
 
What would y'all say is the average time between build week and trucks being delivered? I live in SC but ordered from Chapman Ford in Pennsylvania, at the suggestion of some members on here. Ordered 7/29, got a build week of 11/15. Just trying to make some tentative plans work and family wise for when I should plan on going up there to pick it up
Keep in mind that 11/15 is just the beginning of the build week but here would be the two extremes:

Built 11/15, shipped same day and to your dealer in 7-10 days. (I was driving mine 9 days after it rolled off the line, but that's not too common)

Other extreme:

Built 11/21, 3 or 4 days for post production options, 3 or 4 days till shipped 5-7 on train and then (a worst case) 1-2 weeks at the rail yard waiting for transport to dealer.

Average would probably be 14 days after your Build DAY.
 
Yes. Got a vin Sept 16th when ford sent me an email that I was scheduled week of 10/18. Email again "in production" on 10/20. Then window sticker populated 10/21.
10/24 @ 11:04 am, another Ford email that said my production date changed to week of 10/25.

I am on exact same schedule - got email with 10/18 build week - window sticker was created 10/20, populated on 10/21 - but no follow up email on delay of build and it was not built the week of 10/18 or so far this ewek - still shows "in production" - hoping it gets built this week and gets shipped!
 
Last edited:
Other extreme:

Built 11/21, 3 or 4 days for post production options, 3 or 4 days till shipped 5-7 on train and then (a worst case) 1-2 weeks at the rail yard waiting for transport to dealer.
If we are talking extremes, mine had a month in shipping, shipped 9/20 delivered 10/21.
 
Back
Top Bottom