FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

My truck came in two days ago.. they are running the PDI on Monday and if everything checks out ill drive the four hours to pick it up.

I asked them to ensure the cab/bed alignment was a-ok and that the doors line up properly as its sporting two tone.
 
I ordered a truck 7/10 - got confirmation from Ford via email on 7/11 - dealer told me two weeks ago it was about to kick to the factory no additional changes could be made - no further updates. This dealer would do MSRP, but not X-Plan.

I ordered my son one on 7/30 (different dealer) - got no confirmation email from Ford - but dealer confirmed it was accepted by Ford. This one was an X-Plan order. Got email from dealer this Thursday that the truck was scheduled to be built week of October 18th. Nothing from Ford

Both are loaded Tremors, pretty much everything except AS.

I called on a truck that had everything I needed in late August - but dealer (3rd dealer) wanted over MSRP - so I said I would pass. They said you can order - I asked for X-Plan - they said no problem. I told them I ordered anther one already with another dealer - they said no problem take whichever one comes in first. So I ordered and got email confirmation from Ford the next day. They emailed me this week and told me that my truck is next one in their que to be picked up. Crazy if that gets done before the early July truck.

No way to figure how Ford gives out allocations!
Dealers have been happy to order Retail orders, even if you may not take it because they are getting virtually no stock orders in, and if you don't take it they'll stick an ADM on it and make even more money.

It works out for someone like yourself and even the dealer that ends up with a truck you don't take.

I had a 2021 stuck in chip hold (purgatory), ordered a '22, which arrived first. '21 arrived 13 days later and dealer just stuck it on their lot.
 
My truck came in two days ago.. they are running the PDI on Monday and if everything checks out ill drive the four hours to pick it up.

I asked them to ensure the cab/bed alignment was a-ok and that the doors line up properly as its sporting two tone.
I wonder if there’s a checklist to run through on your own as you pick up your truck to ensure all is good before you drive off the lot. I know I checked a lot on my travel trailer prior to leaving the lot. Any tips or ideas?
 
I wonder if there’s a checklist to run through on your own as you pick up your truck to ensure all is good before you drive off the lot. I know I checked a lot on my travel trailer prior to leaving the lot. Any tips or ideas?
There’s a thread that was near the top last night where a guy created a whole check list and everyone added things to it. It was very in-depth and seemed really good. Here is a link to the thread. https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/what-to-check-when-you-go-to-pick-up-your-new-tremor.3292/unread
 
My 6.7 Lariat has been showing “in production“ since 9/17. Is 8 plus days in production typical?
Does the Kentucky plant work 7 days a week?
I did order front and rear wheel well liners. Does that mean it takes more time to have them installed at another shop/area?
Thanks
Mine showed in production from 9/17 till 9/24 when it was built.
factory runs Sunday night till Saturday days, They don’t run Saturday night or Sunday days unless they schedule special overtime.
 
Mine showed in production from 9/17 till 9/24 when it was built.
factory runs Sunday night till Saturday days, They don’t run Saturday night or Sunday days unless they schedule special overtime.
Thanks Ed. Probably Monday before I get an update then.
 
My truck came in two days ago.. they are running the PDI on Monday and if everything checks out ill drive the four hours to pick it up.

I asked them to ensure the cab/bed alignment was a-ok and that the doors line up properly as its sporting two tone.
My Tesla had some really bad body lines. Hope it doesn’t look like a Tesla off the line haha… Tesla fixes the lines but still, hate the hassle.
 
Black & Blue in the nest. Some info FWIW:
- Ordered 6/14; VIN 8/12; In-production 9/15
- Received ‘built’ notification on 9/24 with and estimated delivery of 9/29 to 10/5
- Text Sales rep 9am on 9/24 and he confirmed ETA week of 9/29
- Sales rep text back 30-min later with ‘truck just arrived on hauler’
- rest of work day shot due to thinking about picking up truck
- took delivery evening of 9/24
- During walk around inspection I discovered 4x scratches (one on bumper w/ paint chipped out, two on left side of the bed, and several lumped together under the tailgate release) 😡 flame on.
- Dealer going to fix all, no questions asked. But the fact that a $70+ truck gets delivered with that many scratches is infuriating.
- Breaking her in over the next couple weeks with a drive from TN to KS. Already have 731 miles on her and she drives awesome. Best driving/tracking F-250 I’ve owned (had an 03 & 11 previously.
 

Attachments

  • FC4A9A65-BAFC-4619-96C8-D37AFE67B475.webp
    FC4A9A65-BAFC-4619-96C8-D37AFE67B475.webp
    88.3 KB · Views: 106
Black & Blue in the nest. Some info FWIW:
- Ordered 6/14; VIN 8/12; In-production 9/15
- Received ‘built’ notification on 9/24 with and estimated delivery of 9/29 to 10/5
- Text Sales rep 9am on 9/24 and he confirmed ETA week of 9/29
- Sales rep text back 30-min later with ‘truck just arrived on hauler’
- rest of work day shot due to thinking about picking up truck
- took delivery evening of 9/24
- During walk around inspection I discovered 4x scratches (one on bumper w/ paint chipped out, two on left side of the bed, and several lumped together under the tailgate release) 😡 flame on.
- Dealer going to fix all, no questions asked. But the fact that a $70+ truck gets delivered with that many scratches is infuriating.
- Breaking her in over the next couple weeks with a drive from TN to KS. Already have 731 miles on her and she drives awesome. Best driving/tracking F-250 I’ve owned (had an 03 & 11 previously.
I read posts about scratches on newly delivered vehicles far too frequently. However, I beat the S out of vehicles and can care less about inconsequential scratches if if is delivered with a few. Does anyone know if you can just negotiate the price down or barter for something else of value rather than the dealer repairing it. I do know the dealer charges the repair back to out the mfg. I'd be willing to take half the repair costs in store credit or something similar.
 
I read posts about scratches on newly delivered vehicles far too frequently. However, I beat the S out of vehicles and can care less about inconsequential scratches if if is delivered with a few. Does anyone know if you can just negotiate the price down or barter for something else of value rather than the dealer repairing it. I do know the dealer charges the repair back to out the mfg. I'd be willing to take half the repair costs in store credit or something similar.
I assume that mileage on that option will vary depending on the dealer. I could care less about scratches I put on the truck myself…can’t say the same for these.
 
Some good news I want to share.

As you know, I have been waiting for my truck for a while. I had another member reach out to me to offer me something very special. He received a PCO pop-up and dm'ed me to offer the option of filling my info in. It's been applied and confirmed by Ford Marketing and my Dealer. It's added to my truck!

I just saw where @modified offered to do this on the PCO thread too. I didn't want to mention who this member was publically, unless he wanted to step forward. However, this was one of the most amazing acts of kindness I have received in a long time. In return he wanted me to share good vibes, even after I offered more.

In that case I hope he receives greatness in the form of positive karma. I wish you all have an amazing weekend full of precious moments that satisfy and fulfill you all. There is something special about this person, this forum, and the quest towards my Tremor.

I am simply humbled and grateful for the kindness. What a wonderful community we have here.
awesome @Vermonster !!! Glad you have some progress... I just returned from a weekend camping trip in Washington and have good news myself!! Hope everything moves forward for you at a rapid pace!!!

Delivered.webp
 
This great news! It’s starting to feel real isn’t it?
It is real for me now knowing my truck is sitting at the plant, less than 10 miles away from me. Wish Ford had an option to let you watch it go down the line in person and do factory pick up....lol. My truck and I have to both travel 60 miles to be united....lol
 
Back
Top Bottom