FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Someone else correct me if I'm wrong.....but submitting your info to the spreadsheet has nothing to do with you getting a WS.
Correct. The spreadsheet is just for convenience and has nothing to do with Ford official.

The window sticker is created shortly before the truck is scheduled to go into production.
 
Someone else correct me if I'm wrong.....but submitting your info to the spreadsheet has nothing to do with you getting a WS.
This spreadsheet has nothing to do with Ford - just us letting each other know what was ordered and timeline.

WS is a totally different animal as far as I can tell.
 
How long does it normally take to go from the Ford email acknowledging the order to it actually showing up on your Ford.com garage? Or is that the processing that people talk about taking months or more?
 

Attachments

  • OrdersReservations.webp
    OrdersReservations.webp
    39.6 KB · Views: 71
How long does it normally take to go from the Ford email acknowledging the order to it actually showing up on your Ford.com garage? Or is that the processing that people talk about taking months or more?
it never does until you add the vin. For some reason the order process and ford.com profile aren't tied together.
 
More detailed pics of my XLT will be coming as soon as it stops raining here in Bama. One thing the sales guy told me yesterday, which granted, can be taken with the appropriate grain of salt because I've heard both sides, is that the Super Duty order bank for 2022's will end soon. Ford apparently has so many retail orders already, they'll have to filter in all of their fleet orders and a few stock orders in between. He said he was told after about December/January, orders will only be taken on 2023's, which will begin building in the summer of next year. I also asked him what he has heard from Ford concerning AS (for Vermonster and others with it on order) and he said basically Ford is building the KR that comes with it as standard equipment first, and whatever remaining components will be used on the trucks that picked it as an option until their parts are exhausted or all the orders are filled. Kinda disconcerting if you ask me. Like being at the end of the line waiting for cake before it's gone.
Anyway, hope some of that info helps you good people out there, although again, its nothing more than one sales guy's thoughts on what he's heard.
Regarding order banks - I don't believe they will close the order banks until the 23 is nearly ready to start scheduling. They COULD stop prioritizing Retail orders, and go back to building a mix of vehicles at the same time.

Talking to my dealer last week, he said that Ford is really pushing the retail order system over Stock units. They believe they sell for higher profit, and they have nearly no overhead on them. From a manufacturer perspective it's a win-win. I don't agree that will work out in the long run, and eventually (a few years) dealers will go back to having a large inventory of stock units.

I say that because, while I'm sure there are fleet customers screaming right now, I believe in the next few years, dealers will try to transition buyers into ordering rather than buying a unit in stock. Therefore, I expect Ford to continue to put a major emphasis on retail (custom) orders.

I may be wrong and maybe the order banks will close soon, but I don't think they will.

Regarding Adaptive Steering - that theory does not hold up because it's standard on the limited and optional on the KR. Under that theory, they would be building Limiteds but not KR, instead it's the other way around.

The best theory on why they are building KR with AS is because they have those color steering wheels.
 
My truck was delivered to the dealer this morning. Less than 5 weeks from the time it was ordered to delivery.
I ordered the exact same setup as this 7 days after you on 8/19 but with the 6.7PS. My production date was scheduled for 9/20 and pushed to 9/27. No AS or other hang ups. Hopefully mine can be around that 5-6 week turn time to receive. That would be awesome!!
 
I say this knowing that a lot of guys and girls that ordered before me are still waiting. I sincerely hope everyone's truck shows up soon for them. It sucks to be without a truck (at least for me it was). My order showed up and I'm headed to the dealer to pick up my truck at 5.
 
Regarding order banks - I don't believe they will close the order banks until the 23 is nearly ready to start scheduling. They COULD stop prioritizing Retail orders, and go back to building a mix of vehicles at the same time.

Talking to my dealer last week, he said that Ford is really pushing the retail order system over Stock units. They believe they sell for higher profit, and they have nearly no overhead on them. From a manufacturer perspective it's a win-win. I don't agree that will work out in the long run, and eventually (a few years) dealers will go back to having a large inventory of stock units.

I say that because, while I'm sure there are fleet customers screaming right now, I believe in the next few years, dealers will try to transition buyers into ordering rather than buying a unit in stock. Therefore, I expect Ford to continue to put a major emphasis on retail (custom) orders.

I may be wrong and maybe the order banks will close soon, but I don't think they will.

Regarding Adaptive Steering - that theory does not hold up because it's standard on the limited and optional on the KR. Under that theory, they would be building Limiteds but not KR, instead it's the other way around.

The best theory on why they are building KR with AS is because they have those color steering wheels.
All good points, can't argue with any of that. By the way, really appreciate the use of the spreadsheet. It helped me keep sane all summer.
 
Back
Top Bottom