FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Hoping someone knows what this means…. The owner of my dealership supposedly called Ford and discussed my order. Placed 3/29 and still no build date. No commodity restrictions that I know of. This was on Tuesday of this week. Called today hoping for good news and my sales guy said it hasn’t been scheduled, but he does see that the priority code went from 11 to 02. Can anyone help me with this?
That’s pretty amazing and encouraging.
I have to ask, what was your build? (And, of course, did you have Active Steering?)
 
Same cab? That’s incredible! I had no idea. Makes sense for cost control. You’d never know, though. I’ll have to look close the next time my brother-in-law has his f150 next to the tremor….you know…when it gets here, and stuff.
Yep! Exact same shell, and most of the interior is identical, with an exception for the double glove box and such. Also right now the SD is a generation behind on the interior compared to the current F-150. Ford started that when the Super Duty’s moved to an aluminimum body; prior to that they weren’t shared.

Honestly by the numbers SRW Super Duty’s are not much bigger than a half ton, assuming the same cab/bed configuration. We’re talking exact same width, up to 6 inches longer, and a few inches taller (Tremor a bit taller again).

Amazing what front end design can do to trick our brains!
 
Yep! Exact same shell, and most of the interior is identical, with an exception for the double glove box and such. Also right now the SD is a generation behind on the interior compared to the current F-150. Ford started that when the Super Duty’s moved to an aluminimum body; prior to that they weren’t shared.

Honestly by the numbers SRW Super Duty’s are not much bigger than a half ton, assuming the same cab/bed configuration. We’re talking exact same width, up to 6 inches longer, and a few inches taller (Tremor a bit taller again).

Amazing what front end design can do to trick our brains!
So true. The SD has so much more presence with the taller suspension and hood.
 
Last edited:
Same. Mine is "clean" too, which would seem to indicate that they have the parts for adaptive steering available, it just wasn't my turn yet, I guess?

-SR-
Spoke to diffrent dealer who my dad just picked his 2022 F 350 from. Told me that all trucks are unsceduled clean, regardless of commodity issues. and that the A.S. is the only Commodity that his dealership is seeing holding things up. Know i want to try the supplier of that part and see if they too had a fire like the chip plant. lol
 
Hey 2022 owners - does your center console stink like old ass on a hot day? I hear the 2021s did. Just curious if I need to bring a scented tree with me during delivery. 🤭
 
Yep! Exact same shell, and most of the interior is identical, with an exception for the double glove box and such. Also right now the SD is a generation behind on the interior compared to the current F-150. Ford started that when the Super Duty’s moved to an aluminimum body; prior to that they weren’t shared.

Honestly by the numbers SRW Super Duty’s are not much bigger than a half ton, assuming the same cab/bed configuration. We’re talking exact same width, up to 6 inches longer, and a few inches taller (Tremor a bit taller again).

Amazing what front end design can do to trick our brains!
Correct, started with the 2017MY... That brought the interiors closer together as well:

https://www.automotive-fleet.com/136123/2017-ford-super-duty-pickups-to-use-f-150-aluminum-cabs
 
Talked to my dealer in Idaho yesterday, they typically only get 12-15 scheduled a week and they had 36 scheduled yesterday. Not a single one with the tremor package. I ordered 4/1 and am 1 of 4 that ordered between march-june that isn't scheduled yet.
which dealer did you order from?
 
Hey 2022 owners - does your center console stink like old ass on a hot day? I hear the 2021s did. Just curious if I need to bring a scented tree with me during delivery. 🤭
my 21 didn't smell like old ass, but I do recall a couple of people complaining about that.

1628970618744.webp
 
Did your dealer even try? If you don't have a VIN you can make changes. Plus order date of 6/28 isn't "too far" into production.

I'd ask them to try. I believe someone else on the forum revently made a change even after they had a VIN.
What to do? I ordered a 22 in March with little hope of it ever being built with the chip shortage. I bought a 21 in April now my 22 is going to be in Wednesday. Should I give my black one to wifey and get the rapid red one i ordered or just stick with my 22?
 
What to do? I ordered a 22 in March with little hope of it ever being built with the chip shortage. I bought a 21 in April now my 22 is going to be in Wednesday. Should I give my black one to wifey and get the rapid red one i ordered or just stick with my 22?
I'd keep the 22 for yourself and give then 21 to your wife.

Or keep them both for yourself.
 
Don’t ya hate 1st world problems

Placed my order 2 days ago. Received an email from Ford almost hours later telling me I had a September production date. The next day I get an email from Ford telling me it was bumped up to the end of August. I realize production doesn't mean I will be getting it anytime soon as if I can believe what I have been told and read the truck will be 30 weeks out for delivery. Not a big fan of it being built and sitting in a lot somewhere waiting on chips or at the dealership for the same sitting in the sun/weather. Also read/was told there have been issues with critters making homes in the vehicles sitting around on lots.

First Ford email to me said build date week of 9/20, just got another email saying my date has been changed, oh crap...not so, they moved it up to week of 8/30...
Same thing happened to me! Quick question--I checked the website and it shows most of my options but not all? is that normal? It shows the Tremor wheels/tires, but doesn't list the Tremor as a chosen option? Also, it doesn't show the Lariat Ultimate package? But I have that on the buyers sheet from the dealer? of course too early for a Window sticker--just wondering if I am worried about nothing?
 
Same thing happened to me! Quick question--I checked the website and it shows most of my options but not all? is that normal? It shows the Tremor wheels/tires, but doesn't list the Tremor as a chosen option? Also, it doesn't show the Lariat Ultimate package? But I have that on the buyers sheet from the dealer? of course too early for a Window sticker--just wondering if I am worried about nothing?
I have the same thing with mine. The dealer checked and said my order looks right in the computer they use.
 
thanks--I feel a little bit better. I figure I have waited this long, if it isn't what I ordered I will just order another one from different dealer
Ya I feel the same way.. I ordered mine may 11, I just got the VIN yesterday but no email. I called customer service today and they said it shows a production date of Sep. 27. I was a little concerned when I looked it up on the website on saw the same thing you did, thinking it was wrong, so I called.
 
Ya I feel the same way.. I ordered mine may 11, I just got the VIN yesterday but no email. I called customer service today and they said it shows a production date of Sep. 27. I was a little concerned when I looked it up on the website on saw the same thing you did, thinking it was wrong, so I called.
I think it's ok then. I have the order sheet (had to upgrade to Lariat) and made several changes. Initial XLT order was 5/28, changed to Lariat on 6/30. I was even able to add heated steering wheel--that shows up on the website so I think (hope) everything else is there too---since that was the last change I made
 
Back
Top Bottom