Full Screen CarPlay is here for Sync4 in my SD!

Where do you see the last update date in FordPass?
Under the vehicle tab, click features and settings, and then software updates. It will say recent changes with a date that you can click on that will give you details of the last update your vehicle installed.

Where do you see the last update date in FordPass?
Under the vehicle tab, click features and settings, and then software updates. It will say recent changes with a date that you can click on that will give you details of the last update your vehicle installed.

I haven't seen any details either. The Pass app Software Updates section just tells me how to enable wi-fi and whatnot. ...but I also question whether or not I'm even getting OTA updates at all. The Your Vehicle section of Ford dot com indicates that I have both vehicle and nav updates available but when I click on them it just tells me that they will occur via Power Up and automatically.

Hopped in the truck this morning, screen showed there was an update. Didn’t see any changes, going to the update details page only showed a blank page. Ford pass app still shows the last update on Jan 5th. Maybe just a glitch, but hopefully the update shows up soon!
For 3.5.3 I had to hit the accept tab on top to get it going on mine.

I haven't seen any details either. The Pass app Software Updates section just tells me how to enable wi-fi and whatnot. ...but I also question whether or not I'm even getting OTA updates at all. The Your Vehicle section of Ford dot com indicates that I have both vehicle and nav updates available but when I click on them it just tells me that they will occur via Power Up and automatically.
Same for me.

D60461E5-0AB1-4360-AA28-F0E2142BC07B.png

Same for me.
Same here. My dealer is reluctant to do updates since he says it can brick the system.

My maps are over 15 months old. Platinum here so supposed to get updates every 3 months. My road which is over 5 years old still shows as "Unnamed Road" so I can't NAV to my house. :mad:

Ford really needs to give Sync 4 owners the option of USB update. The OTA is really bad for Super Duties.

This is what mine looks like in the app.

Attachments

• 91A2CDB1-BCDB-4AC0-8FA5-C918671B679C.png
    91A2CDB1-BCDB-4AC0-8FA5-C918671B679C.png
    179.1 KB · Views: 118
For 3.5.3 I had to hit the accept tab on top to get it going on mine.
Yeah I hit the update icon at the top of the screen, it told me an update was available but clicking it did nothing. Reset the sync system and no changes, still just a blank screen when clicking the update details page. We’ll see if anything happens over the next few days.

Ford dot com says I have updates but nothing ever shows within the settings in my truck. How do you force it if it says "no updates"??

Ford dot com says I have updates but nothing ever shows within the settings in my truck. How do you force it if it says "no updates"??
That is the $64k question. It is PFM (Pure F***ing Magic).

Got the Alexa update notice today. Not really what I wanted, but I'll see if it's worth it to use.

Well, my Nav looks like it dates back to April 2021. My truck says I have no updates but Ford.com says I am supposed to be getting OTA Sync and NAV updates. I have a good wifi connection at home. This is so frustrating, especially since the dealer can’t/won’t push an update due to possibility of bricking the system. Ford really should have made Sync 4 USB or OTA updateable. Just glad my CarPlay works for Nav.

Last edited:
Well, my Nav looks like it dates back to April 2021. My truck says I have no updates but Ford.com says I am supposed to be getting OTA Sync and NAV updates. I have a good wifi connection at home. This is so frustrating, especially since the dealer can’t/won’t push an update due to possibility of bricking the system. Ford really should have made Sync 4 USB or OTA updateable. Just glad my CarPlay works for Nav.

View attachment 114159View attachment 114160View attachment 114161View attachment 114164View attachment 114163
Just FYI...everything you tried to redact is still easily legible..

I agree it's frustrating. I had a Lincoln Navigator rental with full screen carplay last week, it was great. Why's it so hard to push to super duty?

Just FYI...everything you tried to redact is still easily legible..

I agree it's frustrating. I had a Lincoln Navigator rental with full screen carplay last week, it was great. Why's it so hard to push to super duty?
Thanks. Removed the pics. Not sure why the redaction doesn’t show, LOL.

Yup, with wireless carplay while on the charger.. I started plugging in the USB-C cable and using my Bulletpoint phone mount instead.
Mine happened while connected via usb cable so wireless connection isn't the issue for me.

Getting annoyed with how long it is taking for the update to happen. Been stuck on 3.5.2 for a month. I noticed I haven’t seen the wifi logo in a while, and can’t seem to get it to show up again. My router says the truck is connected but no data flow. Think Ford is forcing 3.5.3/3.5.4 over cellular?

Getting annoyed with how long it is taking for the update to happen. Been stuck on 3.5.2 for a month. I noticed I haven’t seen the wifi logo in a while, and can’t seem to get it to show up again. My router says the truck is connected but no data flow. Think Ford is forcing 3.5.3/3.5.4 over cellular?
I don't get why everyone is so worked up about getting this update. The system works as is. It's not like the update fixes any issues. People need to be patient. You all sound like my 5 year old.

I don't get why everyone is so worked up about getting this update. The system works as is. It's not like the update fixes any issues. People need to be patient. You all sound like my 5 year old.
It's the internet...it exists to complain

Back