Full Screen CarPlay is here for Sync4 in my SD!

Asked my dealer to do the APIM update and they said they would, but they really advise against it right now... they've had a couple brick the APIMs this week and the order time on a replacement APIM for them exceeds what I can tolerate due to an upcoming cross country trip. Going to play it safe for now I guess.

Asked my dealer to do the APIM update and they said they would, but they really advise against it right now... they've had a couple brick the APIMs this week and the order time on a replacement APIM for them exceeds what I can tolerate due to an upcoming cross country trip. Going to play it safe for now I guess.
Was at dealer today. They said they are having issues trying to force update Sync 4. Better to wait for the OTA. :confused:

Was at dealer today. They said they are having issues trying to force update Sync 4. Better to wait for the OTA. :confused:
Yep, that was the other half of what they told me... Sometimes they won’t update at all, sometimes it bricks the APIM, sometimes it’s fine. He (service manager) said if I’m not having any specific issues currently he’d highly advise against it until they get the bugs worked out. Bummed for sure, but would be WAY more bummed to have a bricked APIM three days before a mandatory 2,500 mile tow with no contingency.

I guess I got lucky?
Mine updated fine, along with several other people on here that did it themselves 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, normally I would tell them to just do it because odds are it’ll be fine, but we leave the area we are in three days later and if ever a time for Murthy’s law to strike it would be then. I’ll get it done in FL when we get back home. We are just wrapping up a 40,000+ mile 15 month road trip that took us from out home in FL to AK and now back again.

Honestly, I not sure why I need full screen car play. I usually set the right part of the Sync 4 on the audio so I can see what is playing on Pandora, iHeart, or whatever source I am using. The Carplay portion of the screen is usually set up for my navigation, be it Apple Maps, Google Maps, or Waze.

My biggest annoyance with the system is that if goes out of Carplay for some reason (adjusting Multicontour seats comes to mind), I have to manually reseleCt CarPlay. I wish it would revert automatically after some defined time like 10 seconds.

Well, the Sync4 update is officially in the wild.

I was camping in the middle of nowhere AZ last night and this morning woke up to a notification that I’d received a software update. I now have full screen CarPlay and it was delivered OTA directly to the truck. Guess tomorrow’s fun will be turning on the unreal engine.

Attached is a shot of the truck just after sunset last night.

Attachments

• A27F41A7-C774-4F79-B3DB-EDC36E68C6BD.jpeg
    A27F41A7-C774-4F79-B3DB-EDC36E68C6BD.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 208
  • 199160C2-260A-4EA4-92CD-C131BC9A99B7.jpeg
    199160C2-260A-4EA4-92CD-C131BC9A99B7.jpeg
    245.8 KB · Views: 207

I was camping in the middle of nowhere AZ last night and this morning woke up to a notification that I’d received a software update. I now have full screen CarPlay and it was delivered OTA directly to the truck. Guess tomorrow’s fun will be turning on the unreal engine.

Glad to see it’s rolling out OTA finally!

Awesome! Glad to see you got it. Did you go through the process of sending the messages to ford about failure to update, etc? Or did this just show up by itself?

Awesome! Glad to see you got it. Did you go through the process of sending the messages to ford about failure to update, etc? Or did this just show up by itself?
I did those steps three-ish weeks ago, but haven’t repeated since. So, hard to say if it helped at all.

Just noticed your screen name… I was camping in the Tucson area that night.

Wait! Edwin rd?!?! That’s less than a mile from my house! I didn’t even look at the map on your screen. Bet you had a great view at the snow capped Catalina’s. Hope you enjoyed the visit!

Wait! Edwin rd?!?! That’s less than a mile from my house! I didn’t even look at the map on your screen. Bet you had a great view at the snow capped Catalina’s. Hope you enjoyed the visit!
Yeah, it was gorgeous. Got a littl windy about 4am… i chose a spot for the evening view, not so much for the overnight protection.
Were you on the east or west side of lago del Oro?
Not sure… on the state trust land near the mine.

Also - thanks @JHForman812 for the Forscan table of changes. Got the unreal engine added. One thing to note is to get the seats added not only did i have to make the change, but also had to reset the APIM.

Attachments

• BCAE1BDB-D08F-48D4-9AE1-DC13210CEC3D.jpeg
    BCAE1BDB-D08F-48D4-9AE1-DC13210CEC3D.jpeg
    345.7 KB · Views: 172
Yeah, it was gorgeous. Got a littl windy about 4am… i chose a spot for the evening view, not so much for the overnight protection.

Also - thanks @JHForman812 for the Forscan table of changes. Got the unreal engine added. One thing to note is to get the seats added not only did i have to make the change, but also had to reset the APIM.
Ahhhh… you were back in the Rail X Ranch area. We do a lot of exploring back there on our side by side.

Any time you make a change in the APIM you should do a forced module reset for future reference

Can u point me to the forscan changes?

Got an update but it only added Alexa to the sync 4; still waiting for the full screen update.

Latest Discussions

Back