Full Screen CarPlay is here for Sync4 in my SD!

Yeah, normally I would tell them to just do it because odds are it’ll be fine, but we leave the area we are in three days later and if ever a time for Murthy’s law to strike it would be then. I’ll get it done in FL when we get back home. We are just wrapping up a 40,000+ mile 15 month road trip that took us from out home in FL to AK and now back again.
OT: where in FL are you?

Got an update but it only added Alexa to the sync 4; still waiting for the full screen update.
Hold the phone... I thought both of those changes came in the same APIM update?

My full screen update finally installed after truck sat all weekend in the garage. Any other items this update provides other than full screen carplay/android auto? I don't use Alexa so that's not a concern.

OT: where in FL are you?
South FL is home.

Dealer told me all the updates are OTA and they don't have an update available.
Incorrect BS. Try a different dealer... or wait it out. Now that we are getting them via OTA you might get it somewhat soon... might.

Hold the phone... I thought both of those changes came in the same APIM update?
No, there are two, the power up that provisions things for the big one, then the big one.

My full screen update finally installed after truck sat all weekend in the garage. Any other items this update provides other than full screen carplay/android auto? I don't use Alexa so that's not a concern.
Nice! So far in addition to full screen CarPlay you can now enable the unreal engine via FORscan and get on screen climate controls (see super helpful post by @JHForman812 here for reference: https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/full-screen-carplay-is-here-for-sync4-in-my-sd.13750/post-279066). I am loving that so far... the wife thinks I'm a nerd and doesn't care about any of this.

Also as you mentioned, Alexa (which I also ill never use), plus some free trial to Ford media streaming (which I will also not use). Those are the big items, I think. I haven't had much time to dig around though.

South FL is home.

Incorrect BS. Try a different dealer... or wait it out. Now that we are getting them via OTA you might get it somewhat soon... might.

No, there are two, the power up that provisions things for the big one, then the big one.

Nice! So far in addition to full screen CarPlay you can now enable the unreal engine via FORscan and get on screen climate controls (see super helpful post by @JHForman812 here for reference: https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/full-screen-carplay-is-here-for-sync4-in-my-sd.13750/post-279066). I am loving that so far... the wife thinks I'm a nerd and doesn't care about any of this.

Also as you mentioned, Alexa (which I also ill never use), plus some free trial to Ford media streaming (which I will also not use). Those are the big items, I think. I haven't had much time to dig around though.
A little off the original topic, but since you mentioned Forscan... I've ordered an OBD cable for connecting my laptop and using Forscan. Are there any really good Forscan step by step directions for folks who like really good directions? haha. I'm fairly computer/tech savvy, but would really like some good basic directions when it comes to doing something like this. I haven't gone through the Forscan website yet, so maybe the good directions are there. Many times I find better directions (or better illustrated steps) from someone other than the manufacturer these days.

A little off the original topic, but since you mentioned Forscan... I've ordered an OBD cable for connecting my laptop and using Forscan. Are there any really good Forscan step by step directions for folks who like really good directions? haha. I'm fairly computer/tech savvy, but would really like some good basic directions when it comes to doing something like this. I haven't gone through the Forscan website yet, so maybe the good directions are there. Many times I find better directions (or better illustrated steps) from someone other than the manufacturer these days.
Here's some good info, use at your own discretion:

Well, the Sync4 update is officially in the wild.

I was camping in the middle of nowhere AZ last night and this morning woke up to a notification that I’d received a software update. I now have full screen CarPlay and it was delivered OTA directly to the truck. Guess tomorrow’s fun will be turning on the unreal engine.

Attached is a shot of the truck just after sunset last night.
What was your power up number that enabled the full screen? I just got 3.5.3 today and I’m assuming it will install tonight but wasn’t sure if that was the full screen update. I got the 3.5.2 back in January

What was your power up number that enabled the full screen? I just got 3.5.3 today and I’m assuming it will install tonight but wasn’t sure if that was the full screen update. I got the 3.5.2 back in January
I got 3.5.2 on January 6. To my knowledge I did not get 3.5.3 unless it came in sequence overnight the same night last week. I currently have 3.5.4.

I got 3.5.2 on January 6. To my knowledge I did not get 3.5.3 unless it came in sequence overnight the same night last week. I currently have 3.5.4.
Hopefully the truck will get 3.5.4 overnight and it’s a 2 part update, if not I’ll just wait until it does it OTA.

Yeah, it was gorgeous. Got a littl windy about 4am… i chose a spot for the evening view, not so much for the overnight protection.

Not sure… on the state trust land near the mine.

Also - thanks @JHForman812 for the Forscan table of changes. Got the unreal engine added. One thing to note is to get the seats added not only did i have to make the change, but also had to reset the APIM.
Where is the table to make the forscan changes?

I'm not sure if this started after the full screen update (truck is on 3.5.3 at the moment), but has anyone else noticed after a few minutes of using Google Maps, it hangs, and so does Waze. Apple Maps seems to work fine. I don't know if was doing this before the update. I suppose it could be my phone if no one else is having the issue. I have an iphone 7 on ios 15.7.3
By hanging, I mean the arrow (vehicle) will just stop moving. I really just noticed it today and it kept doing it even after restarting the truck and my phone.
I'll have to test and see if they hang up when connected to my Jeep. If they do, then it's the phone.

By hanging, I mean the arrow (vehicle) will just stop moving.

I have an iPhone 14 Pro and it’s done it to me once and it was Apple Maps that did it.

I forced a reboot on the truck screen and restarted my phone. Hasn’t done it again (happened Monday afternoon).

I have an iPhone 14 Pro and it’s done it to me once and it was Apple Maps that did it.

I forced a reboot on the truck screen and restarted my phone. Hasn’t done it again (happened Monday afternoon).
How do you force a reboot of the truck screen?

How do you force a reboot of the truck screen?
Hold the power and “next” buttons at the same time for about five seconds.

Hopped in the truck this morning, screen showed there was an update. Didn’t see any changes, going to the update details page only showed a blank page. Ford pass app still shows the last update on Jan 5th. Maybe just a glitch, but hopefully the update shows up soon!

Hopped in the truck this morning, screen showed there was an update. Didn’t see any changes, going to the update details page only showed a blank page. Ford pass app still shows the last update on Jan 5th. Maybe just a glitch, but hopefully the update shows up soon!
Where do you see the last update date in FordPass?

Back