Full Screen CarPlay is here for Sync4 in my SD!

kruschev

Tremor Buff
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Navy
Current Ride
2022 Ford F350 King Ranch Tremor
Got mine! Had my 2022 KR in for service earlier this week and asked the dealer if they would check for the SYNC4 update that gives full screen capability and download if it’s available. It was and they did. They mentioned it was 5gb+ and took them a while, including downloading to a flash drive and then connecting to the truck.

A new button pops up in the top left corner, just above the battery and signal strength indicators with the two “expand screen” arrows pointing at opposite directions.
Note, they did have to reload my TCU which may have inhibited my OTA receipt.

But, it’s here and pretty cool. Actually, it’ll take some getting used to as it’s quite big!

Good luck! No need to do anything drastic to your system!

Attachments

• 010B9F02-2A7C-4092-BE9E-EA36255A6681.jpeg
    010B9F02-2A7C-4092-BE9E-EA36255A6681.jpeg
    253.6 KB · Views: 5,660
Dumb question, but how do I trigger the download for OTA?
Not a dumb question.... It's on your options under software update. You can choose to receive Automatic updates or you can have it check at specific times, people do both. The variability is across the spectrum on when your truck may get it. You also need to make sure that your truck is connected to a wifi signal. I have mine connected to my house wifi when it is parked.

Thanks for the heads up! Looks great! My truck is going in on Monday for them to look at my winch, so calling my dealer to see if they can do this at the same time. Fingers crossed!

One thing I'm noticing, it appears it doesn't come with the Unreal Engine enabled. I guess that's a ForScan only change, and not something Ford is doing officially?

cc/ @JHForman812

Thanks for the heads up! Looks great! My truck is going in on Monday for them to look at my winch, so calling my dealer to see if they can do this at the same time. Fingers crossed!

One thing I'm noticing, it appears it doesn't come with the Unreal Engine enabled. I guess that's a ForScan only change, and not something Ford is doing officially?

cc/ @JHForman812
Good question, I need to look into that this weekend. I've been following another thread on the Unreal piece but can't say I'm smart on it yet.

cc/ @JHForman812

Correct you have to enable the unreal engine using forscan. if you do not enable the climate bar, you will not get the look I have. The oil life will not work because our cluster isnt connected via ethernet like the F150 cluster to sync4.

Enable 75th Anniversary Splash ScreenAPIM7D0-03-01xxxx24xxxx--Requires Sync ver 22012 or higher - reset APIM in FORScan after either/both changes
Enable Unreal Sync ThemeAPIM7D0-02-03xxxxxxx1xx--
Enable Cimate Bar at the bottom of Sync screenAPIM7D0-02-02xxx*xxxxxx--use 2 for non-hybrid or 6 for hybrid - requires Unreal theme above
Enable Heated Steering Wheel on climate bar aboveAPIM7D0-02-01xxxx*xxxxx--see APIM spreadsheet for your value
Enable Cooled and/or Heated seats to climate bar aboveAPIM7D0-02-01xxxxx*xxxx--if you have heated & cooled seats then use A
Enable Lightning F150 Splash ScreenAPIM7D0-03-01xxxx1Fxxxx--
Enable Oil Life in Sync Settings, VehicleAPIM7D0-10-01x8xxxxxxxx--

Correct you have to enable the unreal engine using forscan. if you do not enable the climate bar, you will not get the look I have. The oil life will not work because our cluster isnt connected via ethernet like the F150 cluster to sync4.

Enable 75th Anniversary Splash ScreenAPIM7D0-03-01xxxx24xxxx--Requires Sync ver 22012 or higher - reset APIM in FORScan after either/both changes
Enable Cimate Bar at the bottom of Sync screenAPIM7D0-02-02xxx*xxxxxx--use 2 for non-hybrid or 6 for hybrid - requires Unreal theme above
Enable Heated Steering Wheel on climate bar aboveAPIM7D0-02-01xxxx*xxxxx--see APIM spreadsheet for your value
Enable Cooled and/or Heated seats to climate bar aboveAPIM7D0-02-01xxxxx*xxxx--if you have heated & cooled seats then use A
do you know where i can find the apim spreadsheet for the heated steering wheel part?

Awesome, thanks! That makes sense.

I wonder why Ford isn't enabling the Unreal Engine themselves. Still an easy fix with ForScan, but curious to me.

Could somebody tell me what the latest sync version if for 2022s? I've asked before nobody seems to tell me. Mine currently says 22026_PRODUCT Revision 354.

A few weeks ago my android autop changed but not to. fullscreen. But I don't think the version changed.

I enabled updates today after reading this. I guess my truck is not ready for update as it says nothing is available.

You do not need to be connected to Wi-Fi to get the updates.
Mine updated while sitting at the parking lot at my office….absolutely no Wi-Fi

I enabled updates today after reading this. I guess my truck is not ready for update as it says nothing is available.
Yeah, it has yet to be determined the rhyme or reason to the rollout of updates from Ford.

Same here. And I had it "check for updates" but it says I am already up to date. Strange.

I cannot wait for this! I really like the heated steering wheel being on there differently. I also need to turn off the whole NAV/phone dial in motion with forscan. I have not had a chance to do that.

The one for the heated wheel on the climate bar. It says see aipm spreadsheet for your value
do you already have heated steering wheel in your truck? if so you dont need to do anything with that. when you turn the climate bar on it will be there(or at least mine was).

Back