Forscan for 2022

Mitremor, appreciate the help tonight!

Got the digital temps to display. Quick question, I’m hoping this isn’t an issue… I also changed the 2 manual options in IPC that you did. My original units for digital temp display were 8409-0A00-08CE. Different from yours, but I changed the same values you did and it worked. Im assuming no harm, no foul. No worries that they are different?
Also on disable triple ding, mine were 220B-90E7. Again, assuming no harm no foul here that my original values were different? Everything seems to work just fine, no ding ding ding and temps are reading out perfect.

Thanks again!
 
Mitremor, appreciate the help tonight!

Got the digital temps to display. Quick question, I’m hoping this isn’t an issue… I also changed the 2 manual options in IPC that you did. My original units for digital temp display were 8409-0A00-08CE. Different from yours, but I changed the same values you did and it worked. Im assuming no harm, no foul. No worries that they are different?
Also on disable triple ding, mine were 220B-90E7. Again, assuming no harm no foul here that my original values were different? Everything seems to work just fine, no ding ding ding and temps are reading out perfect.

Thanks again!
Glad it worked. Yeah, different truck configurations will have different as Built values. Just change the values under lined. The last two might end up being different then mine as well as they are a checksum but forscan will correct it for you.
 
Glad it worked. Yeah, different truck configurations will have different as Built values. Just change the values under lined. The last two might end up being different then mine as well as they are a checksum but forscan will correct it for you.
Never mind, the checksum are the same. Shouldn't have gotten any checksum errors.
 
My original units for digital temp display were 8409-0A00-08CE

@Tucsontremor FYI - That memory address controls a lot of other things as well... not just the temps. This is true for the other memory locations as well. Each character has a specific function.

For the temps above the gauges the "*" denotes the only important character:

720-07-01 xxxx xx*x xx--

8409: This is the same so I won't address it

0A00: Different than mine and @MiTremor906 because the highlighted character for us was originally set to "A" in our AS-Built. this means that the temps were available in the menu, but not permanently displayed. Regardless of your original setting, "5" is the only choice to have both displayed above the gauges.

08CE: The only important piece here are the first two characters "08" which are the same as yours. The "CE" is the checksum, and as @MiTremor906 said, when you made the change it didn't matter because the summation ends up being the same.

I stated this because in other scenarios you don't want to take the entire memory address from someone else's build and plug it into yours. I have used the term "surgical" before and that is what I mean - only change the characters that are important. Sometimes it may not matter, like in this case, but others you may end up turning something off that was unintended.

This is why I may ask people for their existing As-Built for reference in certain situations. We can't always answer the question without knowing the starting point.

Glad it worked out for you!
 
Thanks for all the info on this forum everybody, I did a few forscan changes yesterday bambi mode, temps, chimes I just have one problem now my tpms does not read any of the tires now and I didn't mess with that setting as far as I know any ideas?
 
Thanks for all the info on this forum everybody, I did a few forscan changes yesterday bambi mode, temps, chimes I just have one problem now my tpms does not read any of the tires now and I didn't mess with that setting as far as I know any ideas?
It should take effect after you drive it, as others have said. I did mine yesterday and it showed nothing for awhile then it reset and all is good. Enjoy!!!
 
Hi. Modman, this is TThai again. i am not able to do anything yet on the truck cause of hours working, ( 3-12 Hours ) last 3 days. I will try to do the change this weekend and will post the result once it updated. Thanks again for all the helpful advises.
 

Attachments

  • 20211217_134007.webp
    20211217_134007.webp
    85.5 KB · Views: 127
@MTmudrunner a few questions for you:
1) Did you make changes in plain English, As-Built, or both?
2) Do you have before and after copies of any As-Built changes you made? If you didn't document the before you can still get it from motorcraft.com
3) Have you tried reversing the changes to see if the climate screen returns?
 
As built
I didn't keep copies, I tried to change the boot screen maybe if I change that back?@Modman
 
Last edited:
Yeah I would go back to the original and see if that works. If you chose something that isn't compatible with Sync4 and the larger screen it may not have the correct coding to enable the extra features...
 
Yeah I would go back to the original and see if that works. If you chose something that isn't compatible with Sync4 and the larger screen it may not have the correct coding to enable the extra features...
I'll try it and report back thanks again. I am a pretty dim bulb when it comes to computers 😬
 
I'll try it and report back thanks again. I am a pretty dim bulb when it comes to computers 😬
I just think of it as steps in any process. If you take a step and get unexpected results, go back one step!
 
I just think of it as steps in any process. If you take a step and get unexpected results, go back one step!
Ok I don't have the default written down for the boot animation APIM 7D0-02-01, I thought it was 01 but it just brought up the heated steering wheel icon thats it? Does anyone know what it could be?
 
Here is what I show for the "Splash Screen:

7D0-03-01 xxxx **xx xx--

1639841201238.webp


I copied the above from a SYNC4 F150 spreadsheet which is why it lists "02" as F150... It is the same for SuperDuty.

For reference my original As-Built was:
7D0-03-01 5553 0203 038B

55 = First letter of the country code (U)
53 = Second letter of the country code (S)
02 = Splash screen (F-Series)
03 = Vehicle type (Pickup)
03 = Display (12" Landscape)
8B = Checksum

I since changed the "55" to "57" to enable Nav in Motion.

Hope this helps...
 
Back
Top Bottom