Concealed carry pistols

I've had a CCW since 1997 and been through more pistols than I know what to do with. Currently my favorite is an Sig P365. I like that I could buy the option with a physical safety. I have plenty of Glocks, I just don't trust the internal safeties for IWB carry (call me paranoid). If I'm worried about printing, say wearing a t-shirt, then it's the Ruger LCP- I can't barely tell I'm wearing it.

Okay, so my current CC is a 38 special ultra lite. Love it. Small lite. My concern with it is anything over 15 yards. Not the most accurate. Or better to say I’m not the most accurate with it.

My other pistol, a sig sp2022 9mm is a chunk. And I’ve owned much cheaper pistols (not that the sig is high end by any means) that I could hold excellent groups with. The sig, not so much. It was also stolen in 2018 and I just got it back in 2020 or so. Not sure what kind of life it had in those two years after it was found at a drug house.

My question is this. What pistols do y’all recommend in the close to full size semi auto. I really love external hammers. Not a huge striker fire fan. Also dislike Glock. Feels like a brick

I’m partial to beretta m9, even CZ. FNX 9,
My problem is I love full size handguns. But hard to conceal.
Anything over your 15 yard is murder

I've had a CCW since 1997 and been through more pistols than I know what to do with. Currently my favorite is an Sig P365. I like that I could buy the option with a physical safety. I have plenty of Glocks, I just don't trust the internal safeties for IWB carry (call me paranoid). If I'm worried about printing, say wearing a t-shirt, then it's the Ruger LCP- I can't barely tell I'm wearing it.
Get a IWB Tulster for that 365, they cover the trigger.

1911 here. Can't beat it for concealment. Weight is not an issue with good belt.

Either, Kimber Ultra Carry II (3") in .45 ACP (7+1)
UC Conceal.jpeg

UC.jpeg

Or Springfield Range Officer Compact (4") in 9mm (8+1)

RO Conceal.jpeg

RO.jpeg

Carry in Condition 1 (cocked and locked). I shoot 1911's in competition so muscle memory is good to go.

Last edited:
+1 for Staccato

P938. Perfect weight, thumb safety easy to get used to, accurate as hell

Used to conceal carry Glock for many years since it was the same as my service weapon.

Now I only carry my custom SIG P320 with red dot and light/laser. Mostly IWB, and sometimes OWB depending on the occasion.

I appendix carry a CZ P-01 with a Tlr7a and a backup mag. I’m not large, but if I upsize my shirt or go with plaid/flannel, nobody will ever see it

Used to conceal carry Glock for many years since it was the same as my service weapon.

Now I only carry my custom SIG P320 with red dot and light/laser. Mostly IWB, and sometimes OWB depending on the occasion.
What holsters for IWB and OWB do you use? I have a P320 and a M18 and They are both by far my favorite to shoot, and if SHTF that is what I would want in my hand. I have yet to find a holster I like much though so I usually carry my Walther CCP as it’s much smaller and seems to feel More comfortable.

The new Sig P365 X Macro Comp looks very intriguing, might just have to see if they are aviable Via Sigs APP program

@Gatorbait I use a C&G holster. I’m going to purchase a form QVO tactical next.

Most people that carry, carry some form of a striker-fired 9mm for a reason. If a Glock is too blocky for you (I agree) you've got a wide range of shapes to pick from between S&W M&P, SIG P320, and XDM. For single or staggered stack the M&P Shield or P365 will do nicely. The big thing is go rent each of them, in various sizes/configurations (compact model will feel different than a full size), to figure out what fits your hands best.

Other brands are viable, but they are going to have less support (holsters, lights, magazines, and the like) them the major brands.

FWIW my wife hates my shield and I can't get a proper grip on her P365. Get what fits *you*.

Last edited:
Back