Concealed carry pistols

Silverslug

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Okay, so my current CC is a 38 special ultra lite. Love it. Small lite. My concern with it is anything over 15 yards. Not the most accurate. Or better to say I’m not the most accurate with it.

My other pistol, a sig sp2022 9mm is a chunk. And I’ve owned much cheaper pistols (not that the sig is high end by any means) that I could hold excellent groups with. The sig, not so much. It was also stolen in 2018 and I just got it back in 2020 or so. Not sure what kind of life it had in those two years after it was found at a drug house.

My question is this. What pistols do y’all recommend in the close to full size semi auto. I really love external hammers. Not a huge striker fire fan. Also dislike Glock. Feels like a brick

I’m partial to beretta m9, even CZ. FNX 9,
My problem is I love full size handguns. But hard to conceal.

I carry a VP9 daily with a 509T. I know lots of people carrying single stack 9mm and 45s. I have a friend carrying a Staccato C and another carrying a Staccato P, both are carrying red dots on them.

I carry a VP9 daily with a 509T. I know lots of people carrying single stack 9mm and 45s. I have a friend carrying a Staccato C and another carrying a Staccato P, both are carrying red dots on them.
I’m familiar with the vp9. Hadn’t seen the staccato before- very attractive pistol

What about a CZ P01 if you like CZs, or a compact 1911?

I like my HK VP9's ergonomics but only really carry it in the winter if I carry it. I'd like to try the VP9sk.

I'm in Commiefornia so I only carry up to 10 rounds magsz which is why I carry a Sig 365X most of the time.

Colt Mustang or some variant of it (Sig makes one) if you are willing to step down to .380. Kimber also makes a ton of small 1911 clones in various sizes and calibers.

Keep a S&W MP9 console handy. Thinks it’s 3.25” barrel, very balanced and somewhat compact relative to full size 4”+.

Attachments

• AC70F4E6-E9D1-4114-B688-EAD5965CAEC2.jpeg
    AC70F4E6-E9D1-4114-B688-EAD5965CAEC2.jpeg
    272 KB · Views: 74
That Staccato above looks great. It's basically a compact 2011, which is a double stack 1911. Another similar one is the Wilson Combat x9, although pricey.

I know you said you don’t like strikers but Springfield makes some good shooting pistols I’ve had an xdm40 for years and am 100% confident on head shots out to 40 yards or so they do make hammer fire pistols I just don’t have any experience with them might be worth a look. Imo you can’t beat a staccato but they are big bucks not sure about the lower level P and C’s but my dream gun is a staccato xc but at over 3 grand that’s all it is a dream lol

For DA/SA pistols, The Beretta 92 series, CZs, and FNX series are my favorite too. I own an M9A3 that I carry OWB occasionally and an FNX-45 that is just fun to shoot. I've been tempted to get the FNX-9 for the longest time, but I never got around to it.

It's kinda hard to stack on top of that initial list, honestly. Maybe the SIG P226? It is pretty decent, but almost everything about the Beretta is better. The only thing that SIG has going for it is it's smaller in every dimension, making it easier to carry, especially concealed. There's always the PX4 Storm, but the design is a bit goofy for my taste, and the mags aren't interchangeable with the 92 series.

I know this sounds odd, but my Wally Walk gun was a Five-seveN. Somehow I was able to conceal that sucker. I still have it, and it's phenomenal. Would you consider something like that? It is technically a single action hammer fired pistol. The hammer is just internal.

For DA/SA pistols, The Beretta 92 series, CZs, and FNX series are my favorite too. I own an M9A3 that I carry OWB occasionally and an FNX-45 that is just fun to shoot. I've been tempted to get the FNX-9 for the longest time, but I never got around to it.

It's kinda hard to stack on top of that initial list, honestly. Maybe the SIG P226? It is pretty decent, but almost everything about the Beretta is better. The only thing that SIG has going for it is it's smaller in every dimension, making it easier to carry, especially concealed. There's always the PX4 Storm, but the design is a bit goofy for my taste, and the mags aren't interchangeable with the 92 series.

I know this sounds odd, but my Wally Walk gun was a Five-seveN. Somehow I was able to conceal that sucker. I still have it, and it's phenomenal. Would you consider something like that? It is technically a single action hammer fired pistol. The hammer is just internal.
Couldn’t agree more

Are you talking about the FN 5.7? If so I would LOVE that.

I would consolidate to a staccato and call it a day. They are super well built and smooth shooters.

Couldn’t agree more

Are you talking about the FN 5.7? If so I would LOVE that.

Yup. The trigger has much to be desired, but it's still the fastest shooting pistol I own due to the lack of recoil impulse. The M9A3 in its current configuration comes second. For that, I changed out the trigger for the competition trigger, replaced the recoil spring and guide rod with the Wilson Combat one, and added the 92x Performance gas pedal take down lever for better control.

Yup. The trigger has much to be desired, but it's still the fastest shooting pistol I own due to the lack of recoil impulse. The M9A3 in its current configuration comes second. For that, I changed out the trigger for the competition trigger, replaced the recoil spring and guide rod with the Wilson Combat one, and added the 92x Performance gas pedal take down lever for better control.
The 5.7 is so light with a full mag it feels like a toy and I love it

I run a SIG P320 Carry in 45 during the winter months and a SIG P365XL with the extended 15rd mag in the later shoulder seasons and summer. The 320 45 carry is a bit on the heavy side but I have a nice IWB holster that tucks the chunky handle nicely. Heavier winter clothing helps. I absolutely love the 365XL... easy to conceal, good capacity, and a smooth shooter.

Okay, so my current CC is a 38 special ultra lite. Love it. Small lite. My concern with it is anything over 15 yards. Not the most accurate. Or better to say I’m not the most accurate with it.

My other pistol, a sig sp2022 9mm is a chunk. And I’ve owned much cheaper pistols (not that the sig is high end by any means) that I could hold excellent groups with. The sig, not so much. It was also stolen in 2018 and I just got it back in 2020 or so. Not sure what kind of life it had in those two years after it was found at a drug house.

My question is this. What pistols do y’all recommend in the close to full size semi auto. I really love external hammers. Not a huge striker fire fan. Also dislike Glock. Feels like a brick

I’m partial to beretta m9, even CZ. FNX 9,
My problem is I love full size handguns. But hard to conceal.

It’s all about the shooter and your skills My current carry pistol is. 22 caliber Ruger LCR loaded with punch ammo

Look at this cider and check his page out and other videos

You can conceal any pistol where he is concealed

I have a Staccato C and P and have worn the C while on road trip to DC (legally) and Arlington National Cemetery, to Baltimore, Trenton NJ and in LA and in lots of non gun friendly states and when on a beach I had a J frame revolver on my person and nobody knew

I’m familiar with the vp9. Hadn’t seen the staccato before- very attractive pistol

Made in Texas can trace its lineage to STI and the original race gun they are exceptional handguns for the price

Want a better 2011 look a Chambers Customs

Back