Concealed carry pistols

Shout out to by pals at FDO, they make a hell of a holster.

Most people that carry, carry some form of a striker-fired 9mm for a reason. If a Glock is too blocky for you (I agree) you've got a wide range of shapes to pick from between S&W M&P, SIG P320, and XDM. For single or staggered stack the M&P Shield or P365 will do nicely. The big thing is go rent each of them, in various sizes/configurations (compact model will feel different than a full size), to figure out what fits your hands best.

Other brands are viable, but they are going to have less support (holsters, lights, magazines, and the like) them the major brands.

FWIW my wife hates my shield and I can't get a proper grip on her P365. Get what fits *you*.

Its a software issue more than a hardware issue, lack of Quality training & not being open minded and willing to learn instead using emotions and thinking you know more than you do

Glock is so popular due to how cheap they sell to law enforcement departments over the years & aggressive marketing

The XD series is over priced imported Croatian junk that people believe all the marketing and propaganda.

Instead of going with feelings pick something with a established track record and learn how to shoot

I carry a Gemini customs SP 101. Easy to CC. Have others in vehicles that stay there permanently but to CC this one is the easiest.

Okay, so my current CC is a 38 special ultra lite. Love it. Small lite. My concern with it is anything over 15 yards. Not the most accurate. Or better to say I’m not the most accurate with it.

My other pistol, a sig sp2022 9mm is a chunk. And I’ve owned much cheaper pistols (not that the sig is high end by any means) that I could hold excellent groups with. The sig, not so much. It was also stolen in 2018 and I just got it back in 2020 or so. Not sure what kind of life it had in those two years after it was found at a drug house.

My question is this. What pistols do y’all recommend in the close to full size semi auto. I really love external hammers. Not a huge striker fire fan. Also dislike Glock. Feels like a brick

I’m partial to beretta m9, even CZ. FNX 9,
My problem is I love full size handguns. But hard to conceal.
My daily is a S&W Shield with night sites. If I need something really small I'll use a S&W bodyguard or a J-frame.

for under 300 bucks you can get a Taurus G2 or G3c and they are Awesome 9 mils....Agree the Springfield XD anything..... also great....any smith and wesson M&P...........

• Haha
Reactions: Gus
for under 300 bucks you can get a Taurus G2 or G3c and they are Awesome 9 mils....Agree the Springfield XD anything..... also great....any smith and wesson M&P...........

Awesome is not quite correct

Taurus has decades of problems and to this day it’s a crapshoot if you get junk or not and that continues even today with the new management & employees trying to fix Taurus

As far as XD they do not live up to the hype and marketing. Springfield took a Croatian plastic pistol and put a grip safety on it & doubled the price. They have major problems with the grip safety & when it breaks it locks the slide and you have to send it to Springfield oh and it happens with a cartridge in the chamber locking up the action

Its a software issue more than a hardware issue, lack of Quality training & not being open minded and willing to learn instead using emotions and thinking you know more than you do

Glock is so popular due to how cheap they sell to law enforcement departments over the years & aggressive marketing

The XD series is over priced imported Croatian junk that people believe all the marketing and propaganda.

Instead of going with feelings pick something with a established track record and learn how to shoot
BF51D97E-8A6B-4BC0-AA3D-F20D7E89292C.jpeg

Taurus has decades of problems and to this day it’s a crapshoot if you get junk or not and that continues even today with the new management & employees trying to fix Taurus

As far as XD they do not live up to the hype and marketing. Springfield took a Croatian plastic pistol and put a grip safety on it & doubled the price. They have major problems with the grip safety & when it breaks it locks the slide and you have to send it to Springfield oh and it happens with a cartridge in the chamber locking up the action
Springfield makes allot of good firearms with allot of hand fitting and testing, I know I have had a tour of their plant, they don’t give those out very often and not to the general public. I brought up the XD and asked where are they assembled, they are made totally in Croatia and boxed with Springfield on them and sold. Pretty sad and a waste of their name In my opinion.

1911 here. Can't beat it for concealment. Weight is not an issue with good belt.

Either, Kimber Ultra Carry II (3") in .45 ACP (7+1)
View attachment 57087
View attachment 57088

Or Springfield Range Officer Compact (4") in 9mm (8+1)

View attachment 57089
View attachment 57090

Carry in Condition 1 (cocked and locked). I shoot 1911's in competition so muscle memory is good to go.
There’s no other safe way to carry a 1911, that’s the only way. I’ve carried both on duty and off, the same 1911 for 20 years. It’s basically the only pistol I ever shoot, unless it’s deer season then I hunt with my smith 44 mag. I’m a range instructor for the department I work for, and others when they need an instructor for qualifications. I’ve seen, and shot a ton of different pistols in the course of my job, but i still prefer the 1911 platform over the rest. After 20 years I finally rebuilt mine with new wolf springs, it has never failed to feed, jammed or never had a single issue in 20 years and I can’t count how many thousands of rounds I’ve shot through it.

Custom holsters from my guy at

Depends on what I'm wearing but its either my p365 or g19. Both appendex carry using g-force incog IWB with mag caddy

I stand corrected...........

I carry a M&P 40. Easy to conceal and it felt better in my hands shotting than any of the other small guns I tried. I've had the best luck with the kydex IWB holsters with a single clip. Easy to get in and out of my pants easily so I'm not sitting on it in the truck.

I carry a M&P 40. Easy to conceal and it felt better in my hands shotting than any of the other small guns I tried. I've had the best luck with the kydex IWB holsters with a single clip. Easy to get in and out of my pants easily so I'm not sitting on it in the truck.
I also have an M&P40....it and my Kimber Compact 1911 with the built in Laser are my favorite Handguns

Okay, so my current CC is a 38 special ultra lite. Love it. Small lite. My concern with it is anything over 15 yards. Not the most accurate. Or better to say I’m not the most accurate with it.

My other pistol, a sig sp2022 9mm is a chunk. And I’ve owned much cheaper pistols (not that the sig is high end by any means) that I could hold excellent groups with. The sig, not so much. It was also stolen in 2018 and I just got it back in 2020 or so. Not sure what kind of life it had in those two years after it was found at a drug house.

My question is this. What pistols do y’all recommend in the close to full size semi auto. I really love external hammers. Not a huge striker fire fan. Also dislike Glock. Feels like a brick

I’m partial to beretta m9, even CZ. FNX 9,
My problem is I love full size handguns. But hard to conceal.
My EDC is a Beretta 92FS. I have converted it to a "G" model (decocker only...no safety), Replaced the mainspring with the Beretta "D" spring, changed the stock grips out for Wilson Combat G-10 grips. Also, I use Mec-Gar 18 round magazines which are flush.

Springfield makes allot of good firearms with allot of hand fitting and testing, I know I have had a tour of their plant, they don’t give those out very often and not to the general public. I brought up the XD and asked where are they assembled, they are made totally in Croatia and boxed with Springfield on them and sold. Pretty sad and a waste of their name In my opinion.
I have an xdm 40 cal and an xdm osp elite the xdm40 is one of the best shooting guns I’ve had I’ve had it for 15 years ish with a ton of rounds through it never any issues

• Haha
Reactions: Gus
Tell me more about this cz P01

Also in the running as of today is the canik elite sub compact

And fn 509c tactical

I’m broadening my horizons on non DA/SA

Back