Stock F250 shocks VS Tremor shocks?

I have a 2020 Tremor f350 and it has 48k on it. I pulled my Tremor shocks off at a few miles back and I can tell you they were done!!!!!! I put Fox on all four corners. The ticket👍👍🍺🍺
Do the fox shocks ride better than the tremor ones or does it make it a little firmer? Which fox did you use?

Would you happen to have part numbers from your 5100’s? Seeing some differences when ordering in regards to height. Thanks!
Sorry have been at the ranch this week and did not log in. I will have to look into this however mine are for not for stock height if memory serves. Mine has been leveled.

View attachment 47719

Top to bottom:
- Carli - King Piggyback Shock
- Standard Alumiduty shock
- One Up Offroad -Radflo Double Bypass Shock
- One Up Offroad -Radflo Reservoir Shock
- Tremor Shock

We did a lot of testing across the board, and the OP asked about the Standard vs Tremor shocks, and here's our finding:

- Size: larger diameter, internal bumpstop, twin tube shock.
- Bulge at the bottom of the shock, that's the internal bumpstop
- Compression dampening is minimal, to reduce the high speed harshness. Not filled with 150 psi of nitrogen like the Fox Shox, Kings from Carli, etc. We don't need any more compression dampening on our trucks with heavy spring rates.
- Rebound control is amazing. That's what allows for the increased ride quality for our heavy trucks.

Takeaway - Ford did their homework on the Tremor shock. It's not just a sticker like the old Rancho's on the FX4 trucks.
Understand your position however....... In the case of my truck, the 5100's beat the factory noticeably especially at 25-35 mph on some rough caliche oil field roads in far SE NM. Usually do this stretch at 20-25 this time did it several times at 35.... At 10 year old could tell the difference. At slower speed on the ranch there is still a slight improvement but just not as noticeable.

Sorry have been at the ranch this week and did not log in. I will have to look into this however mine are for not for stock height if memory serves. Mine has been leveled.
Thanks for the response, I’m at stock height. So probably wouldn’t be the same. No need to check for me. Appreciate the feedback about ride quality. I was wondering in what areas the 5100’s shined over the stock setup.

Thanks for the response, I’m at stock height. So probably wouldn’t be the same. No need to check for me. Appreciate the feedback about ride quality. I was wondering in what areas the 5100’s shined over the stock setup.
5100 is supposed to be for a lifted truck but there are a lot of people using them on a stock truck

Thank you all for your input, reading that the Tremor shock is a twin tube (didn't know that) I just might stay with them in the future, but with using the Bilstein 4600 & 5100's in the past its still a tough call.

5100 is supposed to be for a lifted truck but there are a lot of people using them on a stock truck
Stupid people do stupid things. In the world of shocks, it is all about travel that is how the specific shock is designed to perform. If you put a shock that is not performing throughout the travel range, your height therefore your performance envelope is reduced. The valving works in a specific range be smart and no matter which shock you choose this will apply.

It's a tradeoff between the two.

Twin tubes provide better on highway ride, really tempering the jounce and ride harshess with broken pavement, expansion joints, cracks, etc.

Monotubes really shine in high speed, large tire wheel travel situations, like hitting the whoops section for miles upon miles.

Since the Tremor will see 95% on highway duty, I would gladly tradeoff the off road high speed, high impact performance for better road manners.

Ford has a staff of trained ride quality and suspension engineers...see also: Raptor, GT350/500, Ford GT, Bronco Raptor, and Ranger Raptor.
I think Ford should have used the better offroad shock, and not worried about 95% of them being driven on the highway. An offroad package should have offroad shocks. It seems like it does, to a point, but they have other trims and packages to worry about onroad driving. I get that most people use these trucks on the highway, but thats their own fault if they buy and offroad pickup and dont use it for that.

Not true, trust me, one of my best friends has worked for Bilstein for almost 20 years. I run the 5160's on my "stock" height truck and they ride great.

I think Ford should have used the better offroad shock, and not worried about 95% of them being driven on the highway. An offroad package should have offroad shocks. It seems like it does, to a point, but they have other trims and packages to worry about onroad driving. I get that most people use these trucks on the highway, but thats their own fault if they buy and offroad pickup and dont use it for that.
The tremor is a "package" marketed at people who buy it because it looks "cool". 95% of tremors made will never do any serious off reading. Hence the shocks being on road compliant. The "lift" is the same height as pre 2019 superdutys. They just use smaller blocks in the rear of non tremor superdutys. Anyone who wants a serious off road truck would be better off buying a plain superduty and building it from there. Yes, the front diff is different than regular ones, but again, 95% of owners will not see the benefit over a regular front diff.

It's the same with snowmobiles, a brand comes out with a "race package sled" with race shocks. People buy ot for their ego because they have to look the part, then complain that it rides harsh. So thr "race edition" gets watered down with soft compliant suspension because people want to be seen for the stickers on the side.

I'm at 50,000 miles in 2 years on the factory shocks and they still ride great, rebound great, are fantastic on road "corduroy", have not had any of the "knocking" that some folks speak of. And yes, my truck does see some off road. About 10% of my time is on mountainous rocky roads. The balance is running up and down the highway.
My previous ride was a Gen 1 Raptor and I would rate the ride quality of my Tremor better than the Raptor was off road and on road.

I'm at 50,000 miles in 2 years on the factory shocks and they still ride great, rebound great, are fantastic on road "corduroy", have not had any of the "knocking" that some folks speak of. And yes, my truck does see some off road. About 10% of my time is on mountainous rocky roads. The balance is running up and down the highway.
My previous ride was a Gen 1 Raptor and I would rate the ride quality of my Tremor better than the Raptor was off road and on road.
My Tremor rides like a washboard compared my gen 1 raptor. I would not dare run the Tremor at 80 though the trails. The Raptor loves it. The Tremor rides so stiff I’m looking to upgrade the springs, coils and shocks.

Last edited:
I've had all three gen Raptors and now have a 250 Tremor with a OUO kit and Wildpeaks at 40psi. This truck doesn't touch any of the Raptors I've had on or offroad, even with the upgrades I've done. I love the 250 but ride isn't one of the reasons

Look at the shocks on a Raptor....then look at the Tremor shocks. Yea....it's that simple.

GEICO_Caveman.png

I've had 2 Raptors and 3 F-250s now. I greatly prefer the SD in spite of the Raptors softer ride and off-road capabilities.

I've had 2 Raptors and 3 F-250s now. I greatly prefer the SD in spite of the Raptors softer ride and off-road capabilities.
It’s the difference between a 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton, no comparison in ride quality. The towing and hauling capabilities of the SD over the F150 is enough for me to overlook a plush ride. If you want a plush ride buy a sedan.

Back