CB Antenna mounting ideas

I use my CB whenever I'm on the freeway, there are LOTS of commercial drivers still using CBs. I get traffic info, like accidents, road closures, etc. There's still so many using CB, that I turn the squelch up to where I only hear those really close, otherwise, it's non-stop "ratchet-jawing" - just saying. I have set my FRS/GMRS to "scan", and I've only found 2 or 3 drivers using it. However, I've found a lot of road construction crews use FRS/GMRS to communicate between themselves. Real handy to hear them saying when they're going to open up your direction of traffic= time to start the truck & get ready to go!
yes, ratchet jawing. From a lot of base stations.... not truckers. Or loud mouths who youre never going to find a CB useful.

Again, the few people you here is a small fraction of the trucks on the road.
 
yes, ratchet jawing. From a lot of base stations.... not truckers. Or loud mouths who youre never going to find a CB useful.

Again, the few people you here is a small fraction of the trucks on the road.
I don't want to argue with you, but apparently your recent experiences with CB radios, is different from mine. When I hear somebody tell me "watch it, there's a gator in the hammer lane just before xyz exit" I don't think they're sitting at home on a base station, especially if they just commented on something else down the road. Or a couple of months ago when a driver thought I had my brights on because I was loaded down & pulling a trailer. If you don't like CBs, don't buy a CB. If other people find them useful, that should be ok too. America, what a country!
 
I don't want to argue with you, but apparently your recent experiences with CB radios, is different from mine. When I hear somebody tell me "watch it, there's a gator in the hammer lane just before xyz exit" I don't think they're sitting at home on a base station, especially if they just commented on something else down the road. Or a couple of months ago when a driver thought I had my brights on because I was loaded down & pulling a trailer. If you don't like CBs, don't buy a CB. If other people find them useful, that should be ok too. America, what a country!
that RARELY happens..... thats not something youre hearing at all. so one example in two months... sounds like its very helpful.. LOL

Again, like I said. Most semis dont have Cbs in them and most semis coming off the line dont even have a CB in them anymore. Hell, many carriers do nto allow CBs anymore. It was common place a decade ago.
 
that RARELY happens..... thats not something youre hearing at all. so one example in two months... sounds like its very helpful.. LOL

Again, like I said. Most semis dont have Cbs in them and most semis coming off the line dont even have a CB in them anymore. Hell, many carriers do nto allow CBs anymore. It was common place a decade ago.
How can you say "That's not something you're hearing at all"? I've never seen you sitting next to me while I'm driving down the road. Are you spying on me?! LOL!! I just cited a couple of incidents to make a point. but like I said, if you don't like CB, don't have one. I haven't driven commercially, full-time, for a long time, but when covid shut everything down, I needed to jump back in a truck, and I heard lots of stuff you apparently don't hear. No biggee.
 
How can you say "That's not something you're hearing at all"? I've never seen you sitting next to me while I'm driving down the road. Are you spying on me?! LOL!! I just cited a couple of incidents to make a point. but like I said, if you don't like CB, don't have one. I haven't driven commercially, full-time, for a long time, but when covid shut everything down, I needed to jump back in a truck, and I heard lots of stuff you apparently don't hear. No biggee.
I never gave my opinion on what i liked or didnt like. With 800 trucks nationwide and buying 200 trucks a year, i feel thats a pretty solid pulse. Not to mention being contracted by some very large trucking companies, working with the biggest insurance carries and testifying on accidents specifically commercial vehicle accidents, I know a little bit about what is going on in the industry. Let me know if you need expert insight on the trucking industry.
 
You win the internet.
 
You have a very small sample group. It isn't just loggers using CBs. You said no one uses them commercially, and I easily proved that wrong. You didn't consider anything, or anyone outside of your narrow viewpoint. You just assumed. Honestly, I don't care what your opinion is, so there's that.
 
You have a very small sample group. It isn't just loggers using CBs. You said no one uses them commercially, and I easily proved that wrong. You didn't consider anything, or anyone outside of your narrow viewpoint. You just assumed. Honestly, I don't care what your opinion is, so there's that.
My contract with companies totaling 1/2 million trucks in total. My sample size is VERY large... I do contract work in direct regards to Safety with the biggest mega carriers.
I sat in a meeting last month with Paccar where this was a topic of conversation. I dont need to assume. This is literally what I do. What I stated is fact... CBS are a dying technology and they arent used anywhere like they were and they're not beneficial to a pick up truck virtually at all. Would you like to add in all the off road organizations that no longer require or allow use of CBs? Almost every major organization has now changed their position as well.
 
" CBS are a dying technology and they arent used anywhere like they were and they're not beneficial to a pick up truck virtually at all." This is yet another of your assumptions, and you still blindly make them. You were totally unaware of the use of them by the logging industry - not just loggers, but the entire industry built around logging - which is huge. Yet you are still comfortable speaking in absolutes. Anyone on an active logging road NEEDS a CB. It's all caps for a reason. Stay in town, and yeah, you probably won't ever need one. Go overlanding with your buds, and yeah, you can get away with not having one. But if you are on a active logging road, you NEED one. So go use your absolutes somewhere where you might be correct. Again, this is just ONE industry you were totally unaware of. You obviously are unwilling to assume there could be others. I am done with this thread. Good day.
 
" CBS are a dying technology and they arent used anywhere like they were and they're not beneficial to a pick up truck virtually at all." This is yet another of your assumptions, and you still blindly make them. You were totally unaware of the use of them by the logging industry - not just loggers, but the entire industry built around logging - which is huge. Yet you are still comfortable speaking in absolutes. Anyone on an active logging road NEEDS a CB. It's all caps for a reason. Stay in town, and yeah, you probably won't ever need one. Go overlanding with your buds, and yeah, you can get away with not having one. But if you are on a active logging road, you NEED one. So go use your absolutes somewhere where you might be correct. Again, this is just ONE industry you were totally unaware of. You obviously are unwilling to assume there could be others. I am done with this thread. Good day.
We already clarified how small that industry is in comparison.
we will entertain the .004% when you want to admit in 99% of the cases they're irrelevant.
Im not unaware of any industry. Its a small very small percentage of industries. I also still have a couple CBs. clearly, they're out there. But nobody is using them....
 
Ok guys, I may need some help! Because I'm hearing those helpful voices in my truck that SEEM to be coming from the CB, when I turn the volume down, the voices get quieter, when I turn the CB off, the voices go away. But, since "nobody is using them...." they must not be coming from the CB! Whatever shall I do?
 
Ok guys, I may need some help! Because I'm hearing those helpful voices in my truck that SEEM to be coming from the CB, when I turn the volume down, the voices get quieter, when I turn the CB off, the voices go away. But, since "nobody is using them...." they must not be coming from the CB! Whatever shall I do?
Make a video on 19 right now of all the chatter on 19 in Show Low.... LOL Uh huh, so busy....
 
Make a video on 19 right now of all the chatter on 19 in Show Low.... LOL Uh huh, so busy....
Why do you care what other people do or don't do with CB radios. Your extremely confrontational, argumentative, immature, and claim you know something about litterly anything. People DON'T feed this person's ego, he thrives from confrontation. This guy is a total mental case 😂. DON'T ENGAGE WITH HIM.
 
Come on now, someone as knowledgeable as you are should know that Show Low is 50 miles from the interstate
 
Why do you care what other people do or don't do with CB radios. Your extremely confrontational, argumentative, immature, and claim you know something about litterly anything. People DON'T feed this person's ego, he thrives from confrontation. This guy is a total mental case 😂. DON'T ENGAGE WITH HIM.
I dont care, I simply stated it was dying technology and not used like it once was. The arguments came when people want to claim they still are...
I have no problem confronting ignorant people, youre right. That has nothing to do with being immature. Immature is arguing about something being relevant when .004% of aa sector is still using it.
Sorry if it offends you I happen to know a few things.....
 
I dont care, I simply stated it was dying technology and not used like it once was. The arguments came when people want to claim they still are...
I have no problem confronting ignorant people, youre right. That has nothing to do with being immature. Immature is arguing about something being relevant when .004% of aa sector is still using it.
Sorry if it offends you I happen to know a few things.....
Then be humble about what you know, once you've made your point, put it out to pasture!
 
So, your CB is quiet then.... you're not hearing things on your CB... CRAZY!!
No one is saying that CB is what it was back in its hey-days of the '70's or even the '80s. With the proliferation of cell phones and cell-towers, ch.9/REACT is definitely obsolete. And there's no doubt that FRS/GMRS is the rising star now, especially since you can purchase the 'bubble-wrap radios' almost everywhere. While I don't know of any offroad area that actually bans CB use, I do know that most are now requiring FRS/GMRS. Although I haven't ever been to one, I have read Merus' policies because there was going to be a Tremor meet-up there. More people are getting HAM radios than ever before as well, they definitely beat the pants off CB for distance. But when you make absolute assertions that no one uses CB anymore, we can't possibly be hearing what we say we're hearing, or even to imply that they can't be useful, or beneficial to anyone, because of your vast knowledge and experience, we all just read your posts and laugh. Like the politicians that tell us: "Don't believe your lying eyes, believe what we're telling you. We're the experts!" A little humility would go a long way with those you interact with here.
 
Back
Top Bottom