Carli-SPEC 3.0" Shocks for the Leveling Height (1.5" Tremor kit, 3.5" non-tremor)

Crazy to me to see you guys huck your SuperDuty's and HD trucks 100X harder than I'll ever yeet the Raptor....I'm doing it wrong.
 
hydro bumps... good luck on this truck.
I'd like to unpack this a bit more (i know what you're saying but the engi-nerd in me would like to understand the details).

However, for time sake, what can a guy do to protect his Super Duty from the consequences of having given gravity a brief middle finger?
 
I'd like to unpack this a bit more (i know what you're saying but the engi-nerd in me would like to understand the details).

However, for time sake, what can a guy do to protect his Super Duty from the consequences of having given gravity a brief middle finger?
There is no clean way to do it. The only place i found that i remotely like would be to hole-saw the frame/crossmember above the factory bump stop strike plates on the axle and weld in a bump can. Figure out a way to integrate them in the factory locations WITHOUT interrupting the structure of the hydro-formed frame and crossmember at that critical junction. It was not worth the risk, especially not for the size of this project (want to discuss yeeting a camper.... that the plan).

We ended up with them on the outside of the coil bucket, shortened the 2.5" bumps to a 1.5" stroke (these pictures were before we shortened the stroke) and the strike plates ended up on the radius arms. I don't like it, but it's functional.

_DSC2790.webp


_DSC2724.webp
_DSC2768.webp
_DSC2764.webp
_DSC2708.webp
 
Anything in the works to gain an extra inch? Would like to get a little more clearance to fit 40’s easier and join @Optimus🤖 in the 40” club.
 
I'd like to unpack this a bit more (i know what you're saying but the engi-nerd in me would like to understand the details).

However, for time sake, what can a guy do to protect his Super Duty from the consequences of having given gravity a brief middle finger?
To protect your Super Duty, you'll love the all new Carli Condom!

24499.webp


THE CARLI CONDOM™

Because your Tremor deserves protection.

Introducing the Carli Condom™, engineered for the truck enthusiast who believes in going big, going off-road, and protecting that expensive investment from whatever the trail throws at it.

🛻 Heavy-Duty Protection
Built for Super Duty-sized adventures.

💦 Weather Resistant
Rain, mud, puddles, and questionable decisions are no match for the Carli Condom™.

🔥 Trail Tested
Designed for maximum coverage when things get rough.

😎 Premium Fitment
Because a Tremor deserves nothing but the best.

CARLI CONDOM™

“Protect your investment. Wrap your Tremor.”
 
Anything in the works to gain an extra inch? Would like to get a little more clearance to fit 40’s easier and join @Optimus🤖 in the 40” club.
The lift height doesn't determine the tire fitment, the bump location does. People throw 40s on our 5.5" kits all the time, against my advice... They'll fit around town with minimal trimming, but the first time you punch it in the dirt, you'll regret it.

I pulled a bedside with 38" MT tires when i was at our local jeep trail maxing the articulation. The lift either needs to be engineered around a 40" tire, or you need to pull the coils, strip the leaf springs down to just the main and cycle the suspension and cut whatever's in the way.

I did 40" tires on my Ram (the one i posted jumping earlier in this thread) with only 3" of lift, but it took ADV Fiberglass fenders, cycled everything, cut/plated the firewall, built custom fender liners and $6,500 in paint work. When people ask me if it was worth it... Hell yeah, 40s.

My Ford would already be on 40s if i could figure out a way to stuff one in my trophy hitch, but it's maxed with the 38".
 
Let me know if you can come up with something to fit 40’s and be able to go of road without ripping my fenders off. I’ll figure something out for my spare. Right now I have the 5.5” E-Venture kit.
 
Let me know if you can come up with something to fit 40’s and be able to go of road without ripping my fenders off. I’ll figure something out for my spare. Right now I have the 5.5” E-Venture kit.
I mean, many have done it on that kit... Just need to pull coils and be wiling to cut. The Fords only need trimming, no firewall work.
 
My 38’s Toyo M/T so far no issues with the 5.5kit and no trimming. If I went 40’s I would need to do some trimming and get new wheels with a different offset. I’m pushing it as is with 13.50 and +18mm
 
Last edited:
My 38’s Toyota M/T so far no issues with the 5.5kit and no trimming. If I went 40’s I would need to do some trimming and get new wheels with a different offset. I’m pushing it as is with 13.50 and +18mm
Follow me up Cleghorn and I'll show you otherwise :)

Jokes aside; stay off jeep trails and you'll be fine with your 38s.
 
Follow me up Cleghorn and I'll show you otherwise :)

Jokes aside; stay off jeep trails and you'll be fine with your 38s.
Haha no doubt, pavement, and deer lease it looks like I’ll be pretty good.
 
Hey Dan, I’ve been a carli fan for years I have 22 f250 tremor getting a pintop leveling on tomorrow morning I already know I’m going to want to move to the 3.0 your developing when can we expect a review on how they run and when they can come to market ? My cousin (19 f250 pin top) and I have a Reno to Vegas off road trip coming up Would love to get those on !
 
Hey Dan, I’ve been a carli fan for years I have 22 f250 tremor getting a pintop leveling on tomorrow morning I already know I’m going to want to move to the 3.0 your developing when can we expect a review on how they run and when they can come to market ? My cousin (19 f250 pin top) and I have a Reno to Vegas off road trip coming up Would love to get those on !
Just curious, how’s this project going? Do y’all think this may be a SEMA release, with final orders shipping Q1-Q2 27?
I started with the piston designed by our manufacturer - great design, but totally different than what i normally work with. It took 97 revision. This means, i drove it on my 30 mile test loop, then came back and modified the valving 97 times. I wanted to ensure i explored every change and every toolset of the piston. The end result is awesome. I then had our engineer design the piston i wanted. I'm 5 revisions in and it's incredible. I'm close... In short, this is my first in-house 3.0" shock and i want to ensure i explore EVERYTHING before moving onto the next platform. With how this rides, I'll be building in-house 3.0" shocks for my truck and throwing my Kings on the shelf!
 
Back
Top Bottom