Carli-SPEC 3.0" Shocks for the Leveling Height (1.5" Tremor kit, 3.5" non-tremor)

So far, it's only been expensive for us... tooling up for new all shims in their ridiculous order quantities on a different shaft tenon diameter for the larger piston on the smaller shaft was a big hurdle, plus the cost of the seal housing, but it'll be worth it!
It’s worth it

You guys are the name in capable truck suspension. Come a long way from my pro comp 6” lift on my 2500HD lol.
 
For these shocks, new perches have to be welded into the rear?
 
I agree. I don’t want my truck sitting up that high as I park in a garage. This is a great option!

Glad I went with the 5.5 instead of the 3.5, either way neither fits my garage
 
Glad I went with the 5.5 instead of the 3.5, either way neither fits my garage
The added travel is a plus. Sounds like you got a real garage, I’m jealous!
 
Making the rears work! I pulled the spare tire, pulled the harness out of the way that runs around the driver's side shock, and dropped the exhaust to make some room as these rear shock mounts are easy, but tedious. Factory, the rear shock mount is a 16mm stud. There are two issues with this - one, it's single shear (only supports the shock on one side); two, it's too close to the frame to allow clearance for the 3.0" body to clear. We keep the base shock mount to locate our mounts.

IMG_8237.webp


First thing, cut off the factory stud; this is the easy part. You'll notice in the above picture, there's a substantial amount of weld at the base of the stud. The way this mount works is by setting the stud into the hole that locates it, then they throw a FAT weld on it to secure it in place. With the stud cut, you're now tasked with grinding the surface until the circumference of the stud is visible in the base mount. This takes a bit, but a heavy-grit flap-disk makes pretty short work of it.

IMG_8239.webp


With this visible, take a punch and push it out; super easy!

IMG_8240.webp

With the stud removed, drill the driver's side to 9/16" to accept our 14mm flag bolt provided with the kit. Use this hardware to mock up the new shock mount and mark all surfaces to be cleaned/prepped for weld:
IMG_8247.webp


The passenger side is a touch different as the shock is slightly relocated. We use the factory hole to secure and locate the mount during weld.

IMG_8242.webp


Next, burn them in!

IMG_8254.webp


Once welded, paint all surfaces you can reach:

IMG_8256.webp
IMG_8259.webp


With all this done, you're ready to put the rear back together and install the shocks!

IMG_8260.webp
IMG_8262.webp


Truck is now reassembled and we are officially ready to drive and tune! Overall, this is a stupidly easy install that takes a couple hours for a SIGNIFICANT increase in shock mount strength to handle the party these 3.0" can throw!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8241.webp
    IMG_8241.webp
    198.8 KB · Views: 15
I just want to say a big kuddos to @BLACKCHERRY for getting this done.

There are so many of us that would have gone this route from the beginning if it was available. I carry 3500lbs consistently, and while Dan absolutely crushed my tuning and my F350 absolutely gets it done whether crushing highway miles, towing various trailers, and even going airborn in baja with a camper on the back, I am stoked.

But as he said, there is no replacement for displacement. That extra volume does wonders for big heavy trucks, especially those with overland campers on the back. We want all the performance but none of the tall lift height, which makes getting dogs, families and gear more of a challenge.

Nice work Dan & Team.
 
going airborn in baja with a camper on the back


Holy Toledo! Ohio... where's the "we are not worthy!" emoticon? Hahaha!

:ROFLMAO: 🏁

Whether accidental or intentional, that is awesome. Seriously.
 
If you drive it into your garage a few times it'll start to fit
*self-clearancing


@BLACKCHERRY Did i read your post on FB correct, this kit i only going to add 1.5" to a Tremor?

Either way, this looks like a "you should also get limit straps and hydraulic bumps" kit.
I mean, yeeting is binary. Its either full yeet or no yeet.
 
*self-clearancing


@BLACKCHERRY Did i read your post on FB correct, this kit i only going to add 1.5" to a Tremor?

Either way, this looks like a "you should also get limit straps and hydraulic bumps" kit.
I mean, yeeting is binary. Its either full yeet or no yeet.
I reject the binary yeet model and posit a quantum state. Until observed, the truck exists in a superposition of full yeet and no yeet.

Schrödinger’s Yeet, if you will.
 
*self-clearancing


@BLACKCHERRY Did i read your post on FB correct, this kit i only going to add 1.5" to a Tremor?

Either way, this looks like a "you should also get limit straps and hydraulic bumps" kit.
I mean, yeeting is binary. Its either full yeet or no yeet.
All these kits are 1.5-2" front lift on a Tremor. The 05-16 & 17-19 see 2.5" of lift out of our coils, the 20-27 were dropped 1" from the factory so they see 3.5", the Tremor is a 2" lift, so they see 1.5". Ford is getting as bad as Ram with their year splits and chassis changes.

Limit straps come with the radius arms up front; hydro bumps... good luck on this truck.
 
I just want a 3/4" spring lift, but that "splittin' hairs" opens another can-O-worms re track bar N stuff.

don't mind me - I'm we todd did
 
waht?!

Yeet my mawlcrawler parkin' lot princess?

*clutches her pearls*
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom