Camper Shell Options for Super Duty Tremor

Took a few pics finally of the Smartcap. Love this thing.
Any leaking?

My SnugTop passenger side window was leaking badly... not a good thing living in the rainiest part of the country. Took it in, they tried replacing the gasket... still leaks pretty bad. Don't buy SnugTop, they suck now. Leer bought them and cheapened up everything.
 
Any leaking?

My SnugTop passenger side window was leaking badly... not a good thing living in the rainiest part of the country. Took it in, they tried replacing the gasket... still leaks pretty bad. Don't buy SnugTop, they suck now. Leer bought them and cheapened up everything.

Haven't noticed any when going through the car wash. I'll pay attention next time a little more. So far it seems tight.
 
Anyone have the ARE MX and decked? If so could you share measurements for the opening from the decked to the top hinge and well as decked to average interior height? Trying to determine if I can fit mountain bikes or if I’ll need to go with the Leer 122. Thanks!
 
Has anyone ordered the ARE Z2 cap for their Super Duty?
 
Has anyone ordered the ARE Z2 cap for their Super Duty?
I don’t think they offer the Z2 for our trucks. Just the original Z.

I originally was going with an ARE, but ended up buying a Leer XQ due to availability. Got my shell within a month. Been happy with it.
 

Attachments

  • 75E803AF-63B9-43A1-A111-313C0809D941.webp
    75E803AF-63B9-43A1-A111-313C0809D941.webp
    224.6 KB · Views: 374
I don’t think they offer the Z2 for our trucks. Just the original Z.

I originally was going with an ARE, but ended up buying a Leer XQ due to availability. Got my shell within a month. Been happy with it.
So neither the Z2 and the CX Revo are available for Super Duty…. That just sucks if that’s the case.
 
I don’t think they offer the Z2 for our trucks. Just the original Z.

I originally was going with an ARE, but ended up buying a Leer XQ due to availability. Got my shell within a month. Been happy with it.
Super clean! Was that an order or did they have it somewhere and just took a month to get to you?
 
I ordered an ARE Z back on 11 January.
My ARE called me last week and said it’s due too ship from Ohio April 2nd. So I hope to have it installed by mid April.
This will be my 4th ARE topper and I have to say they have all been very good toppers with a nice fit and finish. There paint match has always been very good in my experience. Buy the upgraded rubber triple bulb seals (Amazon), the factory foam seals are not worth installing as they flatten out and you end up needing to replace them. It’s all about the install.

Cheers,
Patriot
 
I ordered an ARE Z back on 11 January.
My ARE called me last week and said it’s due too ship from Ohio April 2nd. So I hope to have it installed by mid April.
This will be my 4th ARE topper and I have to say they have all been very good toppers with a nice fit and finish. There paint match has always been very good in my experience. Buy the upgraded rubber triple bulb seals (Amazon), the factory foam seals are not worth installing as they flatten out and you end up needing to replace them. It’s all about the install.

Cheers,
Patriot
Love my Z series so far. To me it was as much worth the wait as the Tremor was. At 61 I have a whole lot more patients than I did 30 years ago. Very pleased with the truck and all I've done with it so far.
 
I called an ARE dealer near the dealership I where I ordered and they told me 12 weeks lead time on a Z series if I ordered now. debating to wait until my truck gets picked up for production or just go ahead and order now if they will hold it. Dealer told me 4 months (but we know how that goes)
 
I called an ARE dealer near the dealership I where I ordered and they told me 12 weeks lead time on a Z series if I ordered now. debating to wait until my truck gets picked up for production or just go ahead and order now if they will hold it. Dealer told me 4 months (but we know how that goes)
I struggled with the same decision and decided to wait till my truck came in. My cap dealer wanted to actually see the truck and the paint codes when I ordered the cap. Once it's manufactured you pretty much own it. On the other hand I know people pre-order caps all the time. I'd probably go on the advice of your cap dealer.
 
If I’m ceramic coating the truck… should I wait for the topper to be installed and have it done as well? May be a dumb question but Im Assuming the fiberglass would be no different than the truck as far as coating it goes
 
If I’m ceramic coating the truck… should I wait for the topper to be installed and have it done as well? May be a dumb question but Im Assuming the fiberglass would be no different than the truck as far as coating it goes
Yep, do it. It’s an automotive paint…..
 
My topper is ceramic coated. I had my truck done first so it was protected, while I waited for my cap to come in.
 
Looking to order a ARE topper, does anyone have a pic of a velocity blue tremor with a blue cap? I saw the pics posted on page one of the ARE overland cap. I was just told 16 weeks, I got to decide soon, before hunting season.
 
Looking to order a ARE topper, does anyone have a pic of a velocity blue tremor with a blue cap? I saw the pics posted on page one of the ARE overland cap. I was just told 16 weeks, I got to decide soon, before hunting season.
I just had my ARE put on a month ago, I don't have Velocity, but here it is in Atlas Blue. This is before the Tremor delete and before and after chrome line and emblems.
 

Attachments

  • 20220514_115000.webp
    20220514_115000.webp
    185.7 KB · Views: 223
  • 20220519_185442.webp
    20220519_185442.webp
    168.2 KB · Views: 215
  • 20220514_115759.webp
    20220514_115759.webp
    254.6 KB · Views: 233
  • 20220514_115815.webp
    20220514_115815.webp
    204.1 KB · Views: 229
  • 20220514_114944.webp
    20220514_114944.webp
    223.5 KB · Views: 230
4C6D09E7-EAE7-4DC5-88B9-B2696C221763.webp
5804C9AC-D3C3-4886-B06A-E13D09F9FE86.webp

Leer 100XR. Bottom pick has grass clippings on it. It was sitting in a pasture when I found used. I had it painted to match Starr white. $2800 after paint, installation fiberglass repair to fix chips, wire harness, key fob hookup, ect... And I didn’t have to wait 20 weeks! I think it looks great but I definitely like the clean lines how an ARE sits on the bed. 🍻
 
Back
Top Bottom