Camper Shell Options for Super Duty Tremor

Funny enough. After my post I got the email saying my RSI has shipped. Now I am just waiting to get an email or phone call from the freight company.

What and where do I need to post so my truck will get a build date? 🤔

Edit: spelling
 
@Nick@ApolloOptics came through in record time. Ordered my RSI Smartcap Nov 10 and just got a call saying its ready to ship to me and it's in the states. Right at 10 weeks. So pumped. Thanks Nick!
Glad we could get it going for you, man! And thank you for your support!
 
My Leer Z came in today.
0C7ABDA9-656C-4C46-A064-81BD635C87C5.webp
 
Agreed, I do wish it blended a bit better, and had insulative properties.

I'm a bird hunter so I've got a dog that spends a lot of time in the back, I like the idea of the camera being able to see inside on the RSI.

My white, insulated Leer topper today keeps the dog nice and cool even when it's warm out, and I imagine a black coated, stainless, uninsulated topper might be the polar opposite. If anyone has one and disagrees, I'd love to hear your thoughts!
The rsi would be pretty straightforward to insulate and I may insulate mine eventually. But the camera cannot see into the cap. At least not as stock. There is too much glare on the glass of the tiny cap window. I'm starting to play with solutions, but don't count on being able to see. The third brake white light does work to illuminate the cap interior, which was the point of the tiny window.

I had a Leer on my tundra for 5 years and in 2 weeks, I'm already much happier with the RSI. Magnets and load rating are big plusses.

Also looking at a vinyl strip on each side to color match/tie together the cap with the truck.

I just wish the rsi front open window was larger, and could be opened from the outside, so you could open the tiny Ford center rear window and then open the rsi for cooler access or small dog passage. I could do that with the Leer/tundra.
 
The rsi would be pretty straightforward to insulate and I may insulate mine eventually. But the camera cannot see into the cap. At least not as stock. There is too much glare on the glass of the tiny cap window. I'm starting to play with solutions, but don't count on being able to see. The third brake white light does work to illuminate the cap interior, which was the point of the tiny window.

I had a Leer on my tundra for 5 years and in 2 weeks, I'm already much happier with the RSI. Magnets and load rating are big plusses.

Also looking at a vinyl strip on each side to color match/tie together the cap with the truck.

I just wish the rsi front open window was larger, and could be opened from the outside, so you could open the tiny Ford center rear window and then open the rsi for cooler access or small dog passage. I could do that with the Leer/tundra.
Awesome, my biggest concern then is height. Is it flush height with the cab would you say?

I suppose you could insulate with foam board if you wanted to, what other ideas did you have?

I wonder if the window could be modified, or the latch removed or something so that you could open from the cab.
 
Awesome, my biggest concern then is height. Is it flush height with the cab would you say?

I suppose you could insulate with foam board if you wanted to, what other ideas did you have?

I wonder if the window could be modified, or the latch removed or something so that you could open from the cab.
I was think with everything so angular, foam board or silver bubble then maybe carpet. I'm building out the interior storage first then will revisit insulation.

Height is very close to flush.
 
We've helped a number of our Tremor forum members get their RSi caps and accessories ordered. Please feel free to send me a PM if we can help.
Nick- I read somewhere that RSI is coming out with Color Match options. Do you have any insight to when they will be available for order? Or what they will look like? Thanks!
 
Nick- I read somewhere that RSI is coming out with Color Match options. Do you have any insight to when they will be available for order? Or what they will look like? Thanks!

I believe that is just a rumor. The folks at RSi make an outstanding product and we love working with them, but they are so far backordered, I can't imagine them adding another step in the process.

Fortunately, they are bringing additional production capacity stateside this year, hopefully by the summer, and they'll have a plant open in Texas to cut down on lead times and shipping times. But as far as I'm aware, there is no plan to add factory colors.

That said, the matte black painted finish could be sanded down and painted. I have seen that done before.
 
We've helped a number of our Tremor forum members get their RSi caps and accessories ordered. Please feel free to send me a PM if we can help.

Sounds good! I didn't see them on your website but Its good to know you can get them. I'll be PMing you soon to place an order.

Have they put the new latches that can open from the inside yet?
 
This is definitely growing on me lately! Are you able to get it in the garage? I like that OTR finish.

I'm like 1/2" from being able to squeeze my new Tremor in, and I think a topper might compress the springs enough to buy that half inch I'm looking for.
Yes, but my garage door is over 8 feet tall. My ARE weighs just under 200lbs so it will drop the rear just a bit….can’t tell you how much. I also have the Decked System in my bed which weighs 150lbs or so.
 
Sounds good! I didn't see them on your website but Its good to know you can get them. I'll be PMing you soon to place an order.

Have they put the new latches that can open from the inside yet?
Big site redesign is going live in 9 weeks! In the meantime, and even after the site is ready, feel free to reach out if there is anything at all that you need!
 
Back
Top Bottom