Camper Shell Options for Super Duty Tremor

I really love my ARE Z series. I think they make a top of the line product. Love the carpet interior and LED lighting and also the hidden style hinges on the rear window.
1631411813393-png.33572
 
Last edited:
I was told by an ARE dealer the REVO model wasn’t going to work on the Super Duty because the rear window is too large and they had issues with it in R&D.

I hope they’re wrong. I want that model too for my truck.
I was told the same thing about the rear glass in late October.
 
It does look nice & will most likeley order. I was just thinking for how many years this model SD has been out that a new canopy would be available soon. Do you have a close up shot on the rear window at the tailgate? I had the leer xq on my silderado and the same style window with the fiberglass flange. Never had any problems just didnt look like it was made to fit. For the price tag & the color I know I wouldnt be able to offload it very easy. thanks


Rado 1.webp




I really love my ARE Z series. I think they make a top of the line product. Love the carpet interior and LED lighting and also the hidden style hinges on the rear window.
1631411813393-png.33572
 
Placed an order for an ARE V Topper with the OTR finish earlier this week. The side opening windows were a must-have for accessing gear and the roof racks for later use hauling gear. They are saying somewhere between 10-15 weeks, which is cutting it close since I need to be in Texas in 17 weeks.

  • ARE V Series Topper
  • OTR Line X Finish
  • Tilt Sliding Front Window
  • Outdoorsman Side Windows
  • Carpet Headliner
  • 12V LED w/ Dual Rope Lights and Prop Switch
  • 2T Rear Door
  • Yakima Jetstream Rack System
The picture is for reference, it’s the same model, finish and side windows I’m going with. I think it will look pretty good on the truck. And that also means I’ll be selling a Putco VentureTec Rack and Bak MX4 soon if anyone is interested.

1A537C8A-B6A9-4A40-8BDE-628D735EADDE.webp
 
Getting tired of looking outside and seeing my Tremor without a cap. Had one for years on my Tundra (Leer 100) and it was awesome. Still waiting on my RSI to show up stateside.

Jealous of all these great caps. I've got a lot planned for my bed but I cannot start till I am dried in.
 
It does look nice & will most likeley order. I was just thinking for how many years this model SD has been out that a new canopy would be available soon. Do you have a close up shot on the rear window at the tailgate? I had the leer xq on my silderado and the same style window with the fiberglass flange. Never had any problems just didnt look like it was made to fit. For the price tag & the color I know I wouldnt be able to offload it very easy. thanks


View attachment 40937
I'll attach a picture of two tomorrow afternoon when I get up. In my case the fiberglass tailgate trim fits close and definitely keeps rain and spray from the bed area.
 
Placed an order for an ARE V Topper with the OTR finish earlier this week. The side opening windows were a must-have for accessing gear and the roof racks for later use hauling gear. They are saying somewhere between 10-15 weeks, which is cutting it close since I need to be in Texas in 17 weeks.

  • ARE V Series Topper
  • OTR Line X Finish
  • Tilt Sliding Front Window
  • Outdoorsman Side Windows
  • Carpet Headliner
  • 12V LED w/ Dual Rope Lights and Prop Switch
  • 2T Rear Door
  • Yakima Jetstream Rack System
The picture is for reference, it’s the same model, finish and side windows I’m going with. I think it will look pretty good on the truck. And that also means I’ll be selling a Putco VentureTec Rack and Bak MX4 soon if anyone is interested.

View attachment 40955
My ARE came in 16 weeks. You'll be cutting it close on your deadline.
 
Looked at RSI, Leer, ARE & Snugtop at several dealers in a 150mile radius, really spent quite some time looking at quality of the shell, glass quality, locking mechanisms, hinges, interior finish, mounting/security methods, shell thickness, quality of paint, 3rd light style/quality and on and on.

Then looked at the prices of each, the prices of options and upgrades, warranty & dealer availability/customer service

Ended up ordering a Snugtop
 
It does look nice & will most likeley order. I was just thinking for how many years this model SD has been out that a new canopy would be available soon. Do you have a close up shot on the rear window at the tailgate? I had the leer xq on my silderado and the same style window with the fiberglass flange. Never had any problems just didnt look like it was made to fit. For the price tag & the color I know I wouldnt be able to offload it very easy. thanks


View attachment 40937
A little follow up regarding rear lift gate.
DF05E16F-59F6-4482-A377-81486ABF9755.jpeg
a84cab63-2899-41b7-b90f-b00c2149614f-jpeg.41117
679feec9-482d-4ada-9123-ab15c984f1ae-jpeg.41118
369666d9-b6da-4ed5-8d9d-2de79d9205a4-jpeg.41119
1639276532748.webp
1639276571210.webp
 

Attachments

  • A84CAB63-2899-41B7-B90F-B00C2149614F.webp
    A84CAB63-2899-41B7-B90F-B00C2149614F.webp
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,208
Last edited:
I really want to get a topper for the duty but it makes me feel like an old man lol. The biggest thing holding me back is removing when I need to as I don't have any help, My wife is 5ft on a good day? so she can't lend a hand.
Several years ago I bought a little 4x8 utility trailer from Home Depot. It sits low, has a ramp tailgate. That makes it easy to fill with bags of mulch, plants or whatever home project I have going on. It also fits easily behind the back yard gate. Yearly plate is only $35. So much easier than loading and unloading the truck.
 
It’s weird how people value things differently here. I thought the same thing, just use my little utility trailer to accomplish tasks I normally use a pickup truck for. It worked for awhile, but that little 10-20 minute rope a dope of unlocking hooking up unhooking and putting it back away has gotten so old. Now I’m getting rid of my 200 series and going back to an F-250. That’s far from the only reason, but it’s a reason.
 
Ordered my RSI smart cap in July. With all the shipping/Covid/supply issues right now, it was unfortunately delayed quite a bit. Showed up tonight and looking forward to getting it assembled/installed.

I ordered from Nick @ Apollo optics and he went above and beyond through the whole process. Great communication and really came through getting the final delivery sorted while we were out of town for a couple weeks camping in Baja.

I have pretty high expectations from vendors I pay good money to, and would happy order from Nick again. Will post pics once it’s installed!
 
Ordered my RSI smart cap in July. With all the shipping/Covid/supply issues right now, it was unfortunately delayed quite a bit. Showed up tonight and looking forward to getting it assembled/installed.

I ordered from Nick @ Apollo optics and he went above and beyond through the whole process. Great communication and really came through getting the final delivery sorted while we were out of town for a couple weeks camping in Baja.

I have pretty high expectations from vendors I pay good money to, and would happy order from Nick again. Will post pics once it’s installed!

Thank you so much for your patience with all this! Glad we could get it dialed in finally after all this time!
 
Evening, new to the forum, not a Tremor guy but plain old 2021 F250 crew lariat. I'm considering a Ranch or ARE cab height cap for the F250. Curious if anyone with cab height caps has an issue fitting into a standard garage door. Truck squeezes in now without much room to spare. Looks like some caps like the leer actually are a little higher in the back. Looks like most fit tremors into the garage which I believe are higher than the standard F250 on factory 20" tires. Thanks for any help.
 
Evening, new to the forum, not a Tremor guy but plain old 2021 F250 crew lariat. I'm considering a Ranch or ARE cab height cap for the F250. Curious if anyone with cab height caps has an issue fitting into a standard garage door. Truck squeezes in now without much room to spare. Looks like some caps like the leer actually are a little higher in the back. Looks like most fit tremors into the garage which I believe are higher than the standard F250 on factory 20" tires. Thanks for any help.
I have the ARE Z series. I don't have a standard 7ft garage door, but I can say the Z series is about an inch lower than the highest point on the cab of the truck. It's also got a level top line from front to back. That being said unless you have an unusual entry angle or something like that to your garage, the shell should have no problem going through a door your truck already clears.

In this picture you can see the top of the truck cab slightly higher than the camper shell. The two black pucks or on the back of the truck cab.
a84cab63-2899-41b7-b90f-b00c2149614f-jpeg.41117
 
Last edited:
My ARE came in 16 weeks. You'll be cutting it close on your deadline.
Working with the shop now to see what he can do to move my build date up. He’s also reached out to a shop in Texas in case we miss the deadline and he’ll ship the cap to them for the install … or, it’s only a 15hr drive back here. I can make it a long weekend drive if I really have to. It’s solvable, some options just easier than others.
 
Back
Top Bottom