any tire recommendations

I looked at your profile & couldn’t tell what year you are running these on, but i’m guessing a 2022+. You posted this @ 9 months ago @ loving the new M/T’s. What do you think of the Geolander M/T’s now? What psi are you running without a load? What is the wear feeling you’ll get as far as overall mileage?

I have a 2021 Platinum non-Tremor on 20” wheels. I upgraded tires a year ago to 295/65 R20 (width may be different) to the Nitto Trailgrappler M/T. At the same time I put a Rough Country 3.5” spring lift & Fox Shock upgrade on. I had intended to get the Toyo M/T, but because the Mudgrapplers looked identical side by side in the shop & got “sold” on them, I changed my mind. The Mudgrapplers have been great since getting through that first 500-700 mile squishy period. Road noise is louder as they wear like any M/T, but not “singing”. My complaint is that I’m more than 50% through these tires only 20k miles later. My only trailering is 3 months a year & my rig w trailer loaded averages @ 16,500lbs when I’ve run it across the scales. Trailering & hardtop driving wears M/T’s harder, but not like this. I’ve run the tires at 55 & 60 psi unless fully loaded down trailering which I’m not sure has contributed.
I think when duck hunting season gets wet & sloppy in late December I’m going to have to pull these tires off or risk getting stuck parking on turn rows just off the county roads. I’ll keep them till April when I’ll put them back on to “burn” them off in the southern summer to save the new tires rubber till Fall.
I may have had the same experience on the Toyo’s, but from all my reading most are getting more miles than those running specifically the Nitto M/Ts. The Geolander is fairly new to the SD Forum at least so your feedback is appreciated…I really don’t want to wish next year I’d gotten Toyo’s again, but I have yet to read a negative review of the Yokohama M/Ts;).
*In my opinion, the 35” tire size just don’t fill the wheel wells with my minor lift so matter what brand chosen I am going to size up to the 37x 12.50. I understand I’ll have a little “full lock” turn tire rub unless I find a way to avoid this without replacing the stock rims too.
Same tires as Bronco’s. Quick thanks to him as he is why I purchased them.
1699469297034.webp
 
I went with 37" Toyo open country trail R/T - can't believe how much better they are compared to the Duratracs
 
I looked at your profile & couldn’t tell what year you are running these on, but i’m guessing a 2022+. You posted this @ 9 months ago @ loving the new M/T’s. What do you think of the Geolander M/T’s now? What psi are you running without a load? What is the wear feeling you’ll get as far as overall mileage?

I have a 2021 Platinum non-Tremor on 20” wheels. I upgraded tires a year ago to 295/65 R20 (width may be different) to the Nitto Trailgrappler M/T. At the same time I put a Rough Country 3.5” spring lift & Fox Shock upgrade on. I had intended to get the Toyo M/T, but because the Mudgrapplers looked identical side by side in the shop & got “sold” on them, I changed my mind. The Mudgrapplers have been great since getting through that first 500-700 mile squishy period. Road noise is louder as they wear like any M/T, but not “singing”. My complaint is that I’m more than 50% through these tires only 20k miles later. My only trailering is 3 months a year & my rig w trailer loaded averages @ 16,500lbs when I’ve run it across the scales. Trailering & hardtop driving wears M/T’s harder, but not like this. I’ve run the tires at 55 & 60 psi unless fully loaded down trailering which I’m not sure has contributed.
I think when duck hunting season gets wet & sloppy in late December I’m going to have to pull these tires off or risk getting stuck parking on turn rows just off the county roads. I’ll keep them till April when I’ll put them back on to “burn” them off in the southern summer to save the new tires rubber till Fall.
I may have had the same experience on the Toyo’s, but from all my reading most are getting more miles than those running specifically the Nitto M/Ts. The Geolander is fairly new to the SD Forum at least so your feedback is appreciated…I really don’t want to wish next year I’d gotten Toyo’s again, but I have yet to read a negative review of the Yokohama M/Ts;).
*In my opinion, the 35” tire size just don’t fill the wheel wells with my minor lift so matter what brand chosen I am going to size up to the 37x 12.50. I understand I’ll have a little “full lock” turn tire rub unless I find a way to avoid this without replacing the stock rims too.
I have a '22 Tremor. The tires have been great. They aren't quiet per se, but much quieter than other M/T tires. I have almost 22K miles on them already and rotate every 5K. I'm running 50 psi cold, front and rear. As I drive, they get up to 55 psi. They're doing and wearing great IMO.

They look amazing and is the sweet spot perfect tire size for these trucks -> LT315/70R18 on stock rims. I have a matching 5th Tremor wheel and the same Geolandar tire mounted and it fits in the OEM spare location perfectly; I do 5 way rotations so that all tires have the same amount of wear to them. 5 way rotations are also easier as only one spot needs jacked up/supported at a time.

Would I buy again? Undecided, as I do prefer tires that handle better in wet weather. It's been dry in TX this year, but the past month or so we've had some torrential downpours. I absolutely hate when people pull out in front of me thinking an 8K lb truck can stop instantly for them; add wet weather and it's not fun. I always keep distance in front of me, unfortunately people will take that spot. So far the looks have outweighed any cons for me. The traction off road is incredible.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: ccw
I have a '22 Tremor. The tires have been great. They aren't quiet per se, but much quieter than other M/T tires. I have almost 22K miles on them already and rotate every 5K. I'm running 50 psi cold, front and rear. As I drive, they get up to 55 psi. They're doing and wearing great IMO.

They look amazing and is the sweet spot perfect tire size for these trucks -> LT315/70R18 on stock rims. I have a matching 5th Tremor wheel and the same Geolandar tire mounted and it fits in the OEM spare location perfectly; I do 5 way rotations so that all tires have the same amount of wear to them. 5 way rotations are also easier as only one spot needs jacked up/supported at a time.

Would I buy again? Undecided, as I do prefer tires that handle better in wet weather. It's been dry in TX this year, but the past month or so we've had some torrential downpours. I absolutely hate when people pull out in front of me thinking an 8K lb truck can stop instantly for them; add wet weather and it's not fun. I always keep distance in front of me, unfortunately people will take that spot. So far the looks have outweighed any cons for me. The traction off road is incredible.
Sorry for the questions, I been avid reader on the site, ur always honest & spot-on w the facts/advice what u share. Since I’m considering new tires I had to read on spacers-you were mentioned having run them at 3/8” or 1/2” (not say what width). Since I want to run 37 x 20 x 12.5/13.5” tires (keeping stock rims), I’m curious if the 1/2” or 3/8” Bora spacers worked out well? Thoughts? Trying to avoid contact w/o 2” hub centric spacers or $1300 in Carli parts or $2000 in wheels. It’s been years since I got deep into “mod-ing” a 4x4, I’d forgotten all the quandaries & $$$ u get into..I need a sponsor:)
 
I have a 2020 Tremor F250 and I'm looking to replace the duratracs. I really want to get BFGko 2s because I had no problem with them on my Raptor or Bronco. Unfortunately, they don't make them for the tremor . Any recommendations? I want something with plenty of tread for off roading . Thanks
So not sure how popular this will be but I like the Milestar Patagonia all season , I have had them in 35 & 37in .My local tire guy recommended them when I was building my last truck . Started with the 35in and they rode well and performance good . I had a 6in lift installed and bought the 37 with same results. Keep the 35 with 5k miles on them and installing on my new Tremor until 37 are back in stock . These tires are a excellent value that preforms well on the road and in the sand . Highly recommend
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    291 KB · Views: 78
Sorry for the questions, I been avid reader on the site, ur always honest & spot-on w the facts/advice what u share. Since I’m considering new tires I had to read on spacers-you were mentioned having run them at 3/8” or 1/2” (not say what width). Since I want to run 37 x 20 x 12.5/13.5” tires (keeping stock rims), I’m curious if the 1/2” or 3/8” Bora spacers worked out well? Thoughts? Trying to avoid contact w/o 2” hub centric spacers or $1300 in Carli parts or $2000 in wheels. It’s been years since I got deep into “mod-ing” a 4x4, I’d forgotten all the quandaries & $$$ u get into..I need a sponsor:)
I’m using 0.5” spacers with dark gray extended length MSI studs I installed. You may have already seen all of that though.
 
Just got these but only had them a few weeks. So far they have been perfect for what I wanted.

Looks greate, and where can I get that decal, been wanting one with mountains. Where do you take it to put them on?
 
I have a 2020 Tremor F250 and I'm looking to replace the duratracs. I really want to get BFGko 2s because I had no problem with them on my Raptor or Bronco. Unfortunately, they don't make them for the tremor . Any recommendations? I want something with plenty of tread for off roading . Thanks
Hey bud. I just replaced my Duratracs at 40K miles with the Falken Wild
Peak AT3Ws. I’m really enjoying them and they are 3 peak rated. Tread life warranty is nice as well. I live in North Idaho, so 3 peak tires are nice for these trucks. I have a 7.3 F350 Platinum Tremor if that helps. Good luck.
 
37X12.50 R18 Toyo RT TRAILs on stock suspension

1790948417892.webp


1790948463804-webp.273566
 
Back
Top Bottom