any tire recommendations

Any of these tires quieter? Lots of road noise with stock tires. Wish Michelin made defenders for the truck
The ones I got in the video above are super quite. Quieter than the Duratracs.
 
I have 6 months on Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT's 305/70-18. They are super aggressive, pretty quiet, they ride good, and they look great. Truck handles really well on the highway. I highly recommend taking a look at them!
 
Like others on here I am a fan of the Nittos. 37" on mine and 27K thousand miles. They hardly look used.
 
I have 6 months on Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT's 305/70-18. They are super aggressive, pretty quiet, they ride good, and they look great. Truck handles really well on the highway. I highly recommend taking a look at them!
That's where I'm going soon. Slightly larger OD, did you notice enough speedometer accuracy issues with them to bother with recalibration?
 
i'll be going with 37s and adjusting with forscan. other brands that seem good are mickey and falken. the new falken r/t are what i'm probably going with, but also liked mickey baja a/t. but toyo, nitto, cooper, yoko, they're all good and have some cool looking options.
44605DBA-E8A3-4B2F-BFDD-CCDA7B1F9901.webp

3729E125-EF94-49C5-9439-E537013C67BE.webp

I love my new Falken RT’s.
 
I am a Toyo guy. Had RTs on my 19’ and was thinking about doing the same on my Tremor. Then I saw Toyo now has an RT Trail that has better wet and winter handling performance and is quieter than the regular RT. Still has the same tread life but it looks like it might be a better option. Very similar to the AT3 but less tread life but better off-road performance. Anyone tried these?
 
I’m still waiting on one of your detailed videos for the new tires 👍
I will eventually, I just have to get some miles on them first to do an honest review. So far I don't have any complaints. I can tell you early on they do much better than stock in the wet conditions. The duratrac I would hydroplane easy and these new tires stay in contact with the ground.
 
I live in East TN. It rains a lot here. I have noticed that the oem tires hydroplane easily. Would definitely want to improve wet traction. I am guessing the Nittos are great for that?
 
So far I’m extremely impressed with these tires with almost 4,000 winter miles compared to the non 3PMS Duratrac

 
That's where I'm going soon. Slightly larger OD, did you notice enough speedometer accuracy issues with them to bother with recalibration?
No they are vitually the same diameter as the OEM Duratrash
 
Toyo Open Country AT3 - use them on my GX and will be going on my Tremor after about another year of factory tread use. Very quiet, does great off road. They do well in the snow- noticeably better than my Ridge Grapplers with no breaking loose while pulling me up snowpacked hills to get to my house. I was not a fan of the Ridge Grapplers on my F150 and wouldn't buy them again having had them through a few winters- they slide around too much in wet snow, to the point in which I felt like I was almost driving with all seasons. Yes, I know they aren't a dedicated snow tire, but they aren't severe snow and ice rated (3 peak) like the Open Country AT3 either.
 
Last edited:
so.....if I get 37's and of course ForScan adjust.....will I still be able to use tire chains?
 
My truck is not even here yet, shows being built since 6 Feb 23, but I have been busily tire shopping. It appears any stock of tires below the $400 mark are few and far between in the 37/17 sizes. I ran across 4 Geolander X-ATs on Amazon for $364 each for 37x13.50r17.....so I bought them. They will be here Mar 17th. My plan is the RC Tremor 3" level kit and Black Rhino Abrams Rims.

I spent way too much waking brain juice on my tire decision, but a Yokohama in 37 at 364 was just too good to pass up.....worst case for me is I put the Geos on my FJ and the Cooper STTs from it (37x12.50) onto the Tremor. I figure it's win/win. I then ordered a Delium 37x12.50r18 as my spare, shipped to my door for $288 that I will either mount to the provided spare rim, or use one of the Tremor rims.

There was a YouTube video of an Overlander with the X-ATs on his truck and for what I need, his info sold me on the tire. I REALLY wanted the Toyo RT Trails (3 sets of AT IIIs between Chevy and FJ) or the new Wild Peak RTs, but availability and price kept me away.
 
I am so confused about all the different sizes and offsets and how it affects the trucks handling and adjustments that need to be made. Good lord.
 
I have been running the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss 6 months now...They are quiet and smooth.....very aggressive. I am super Happy with them. Paid $292 per tire from a local automotive shop. That was in OCT 2022. AND they are manufactured in the good ole US of A by Cooper Tire.
 

Attachments

  • 0819221611_HDR.webp
    0819221611_HDR.webp
    186.3 KB · Views: 263
  • 0819221552a_HDR.webp
    0819221552a_HDR.webp
    608.9 KB · Views: 265
i am liking my 295/70r18 Michelin defender ltx, feels much more planted.. doesn't look as cool
 
Yokohama Geolandar M/T G003 in LT315/70R18 size is what I have on stock rims.

They’re awesome so far!
I looked at your profile & couldn’t tell what year you are running these on, but i’m guessing a 2022+. You posted this @ 9 months ago @ loving the new M/T’s. What do you think of the Geolander M/T’s now? What psi are you running without a load? What is the wear feeling you’ll get as far as overall mileage?

I have a 2021 Platinum non-Tremor on 20” wheels. I upgraded tires a year ago to 295/65 R20 (width may be different) to the Nitto Trailgrappler M/T. At the same time I put a Rough Country 3.5” spring lift & Fox Shock upgrade on. I had intended to get the Toyo M/T, but because the Mudgrapplers looked identical side by side in the shop & got “sold” on them, I changed my mind. The Mudgrapplers have been great since getting through that first 500-700 mile squishy period. Road noise is louder as they wear like any M/T, but not “singing”. My complaint is that I’m more than 50% through these tires only 20k miles later. My only trailering is 3 months a year & my rig w trailer loaded averages @ 16,500lbs when I’ve run it across the scales. Trailering & hardtop driving wears M/T’s harder, but not like this. I’ve run the tires at 55 & 60 psi unless fully loaded down trailering which I’m not sure has contributed.
I think when duck hunting season gets wet & sloppy in late December I’m going to have to pull these tires off or risk getting stuck parking on turn rows just off the county roads. I’ll keep them till April when I’ll put them back on to “burn” them off in the southern summer to save the new tires rubber till Fall.
I may have had the same experience on the Toyo’s, but from all my reading most are getting more miles than those running specifically the Nitto M/Ts. The Geolander is fairly new to the SD Forum at least so your feedback is appreciated…I really don’t want to wish next year I’d gotten Toyo’s again, but I have yet to read a negative review of the Yokohama M/Ts;).
*In my opinion, the 35” tire size just don’t fill the wheel wells with my minor lift so matter what brand chosen I am going to size up to the 37x 12.50. I understand I’ll have a little “full lock” turn tire rub unless I find a way to avoid this without replacing the stock rims too.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom