HOT! Alternative to the Ford Performance Winch at less than half the cost???

I’m interested in a group buy. What’s the size of the group need to be, and how many interested buyers do you have currently?
If we can get at least 5 people I can take 20% off those orders.
 
Maybe, probably. This has been covered plenty. If your going ford performance than this thread is not for you. My 16.5 warn never saw a shock load and the gear box was going when I sold it. Light duty with a few max load pulls.

Call warn and ask about parts for the Ford winch. They will tell you to pound sand and goto ford performance. Ford performance will tell you they don’t have parts….not my experience but others have reported this.
then you will really hate the small puny gears in the badlands winch. Pure chinese junk.
 
then you will really hate the small puny gears in the badlands winch. Pure chinese junk.

Have you opened up a badland winch? I have, I've even broken one. Completely my fault, and I was able to contact harbor freight point out the parts I broke off the build diagram included and they sold me the parts I needed (cost about $45 with shipping) and I was able to put the winch back in service. There is nothing puny inside the winch, it's a very well designed product. Now I don't have experience with taking a Warn apart but I'm sure it's as good at the very least as the Harbor Freight ones.
 
Have you opened up a badland winch? I have, I've even broken one. Completely my fault, and I was able to contact harbor freight point out the parts I broke off the build diagram included and they sold me the parts I needed (cost about $45 with shipping) and I was able to put the winch back in service. There is nothing puny inside the winch, it's a very well designed product. Now I don't have experience with taking a Warn apart but I'm sure it's as good at the very least as the Harbor Freight ones.
Yes, I love showing people how cheap and inferior they are.
Tell me which one of these comes out of a quality Hd 12k winch and which ones comes from the “nothing puny” badlands… I’ll wait…
 

Attachments

  • knockout.webp
    knockout.webp
    57.7 KB · Views: 209
Yes, I love showing people how cheap and inferior they are.
Tell me which one of these comes out of a quality Hd 12k winch and which ones comes from the “nothing puny” badlands… I’ll wait…
Why don’t you just get the winch that you love and show everyone what quality hd 12k winch looks like. Ffs you don’t have to share your knowledge in every single thread about winches. You should just start your own comparison thread or something so I know where not to click.
 
Why don’t you just get the winch that you love and show everyone what quality hd 12k winch looks like. Ffs you don’t have to share your knowledge in every single thread about winches. You should just start your own comparison thread or something so I know where not to click.
Because what I love doesnt mean its plausible... For instance, i dont think a 16.5 Warn is fitting behind the bumper. But Ill share what is and what isnt. Especially with misinformation.
 
I see a winch as an emergency tool, and there's nothing about anything Harbor Freight makes that screams 'This is gonna be great in an emergency.' They're the home of single-use tools.

That said, I hope you fare better than most.
I agree. I know a lot of folks buy things from Harbor Freight and have good luck with these items, but just about everything I ever bought from them lasted about a week or so and it was broken or would not work as intended. If I need a winch I do not need to be worrying about it working or not. I have owned several Warn Winches, of various sizes in the past years and never had problems with them.
I been looking for the hidden factory winch and mount for my 2023 Tremor Lariat and I found a dealer LEVITTOWN FORD PARTS
980 So. Broadway Hicksville, NY 11801

For the called factory Warn winch for the 2023-24 F250 for $2823.84, that is the best price I have saw for this Ford Kit. Here is the link if anyone is interested
I am saving my money and hope to invest in one of these kits soon. I own 241 acres of swamp land and on occasion, I have a need to get down there when the river is out of the banks...and get back to dry land in the same day. ie need a winch to do that.

Not sure about the "Factory Dual Battery" needed for the 7.3L F250 Tremor? Hopefully somebody will enlighten me with that or I will figure something out for that issue.

Many thanks for all the info you guys have contributed, on many subjects so far I had questions about so far. Glad to be part of this.
 
I’m interested in this mount, but I’m looking at a super winch 15k.

I have two main concerns. Someone speak some logic to me.

First is that it’s an over the top of the drum mount…

And to add to that, secondly it’s a foot rearward design. I’m not sure any design in made to be mounted feet to the rear…

Help me out.
 
Super Winch 15000lb with over the top drum? I have never saw that before. Can you maybe send a link for this winch you found?
I do not see it on the superwinch website. Maybe my eye are going bad
I think the brackets and braces would be a problem to mount any winch in between the front frame rails of the F250s. I am hoping the mounting is supplied with the winch.
Also you need to be able to get to the controls...disengage / engage the spool

Many thanks in advance for your trouble.
 
Super Winch 15000lb with over the top drum? I have never saw that before. Can you maybe send a link for this winch you found?
I do not see it on the superwinch website. Maybe my eye are going bad
I think the brackets and braces would be a problem to mount any winch in between the front frame rails of the F250s. I am hoping the mounting is supplied with the winch.
Also you need to be able to get to the controls...disengage / engage the spool

Many thanks in advance for your trouble.
Yes sorry. The apex winch pics show over the top I believe. I brain farted on that one.

Regardless, the mounting seems to put the housing in tension. Would 4 bolts hold 15k lbs? Not sure.

Edit: So it has to be over the top because the winch is mounted low and backwards.

See pic from GormanTech website.
IMG_2425.webp
 
Last edited:
Does that winch say "BADLAND"on it?
if so, sorry I am out.
Thanks for the post.
 
Does that winch say "BADLAND"on it?
if so, sorry I am out.
Thanks for the post.

The kit doesn't come with a winch. You can use whatever winch your heart desires as long as it fits.

Here's someone on this forum who used a Sherpa winch with this bracket.
1000017235.webp


Options are endless...
1000017237.webp
 
Yes sorry. The apex winch pics show over the top I believe. I brain farted on that one.

Regardless, the mounting seems to put the housing in tension. Would 4 bolts hold 15k lbs? Not sure.

Edit: So it has to be over the top because the winch is mounted low and backwards.

See pic from GormanTech website.
View attachment 148249
As long as your hardware is rated and strong enough the 4 bolts should hold just fine. That's a standard winch mounting bolt pattern. I usually upgrade my hardware to grade 8 and use the corresponding washers and nuts. I have had zero issues with the hardware failing.
 
As long as your hardware is rated and strong enough the 4 bolts should hold just fine. That's a standard winch mounting bolt pattern. I usually upgrade my hardware to grade 8 and use the corresponding washers and nuts. I have had zero issues with the hardware failing.
One last thought. Is the mounting plate reversible side to side? My thought is, can the mounting plate be turned around where the short side can be on the left or the right and still match up to be welded?
 
One last thought. Is the mounting plate reversible side to side? My thought is, can the mounting plate be turned around where the short side can be on the left or the right and still match up to be welded?
You can weld the mounting plate opposite, or Re-drill the holes to where you need them. That all has to do with clearance on winch fitment based off of the APEX winch. If your measurements on whatever winch you chose call for different holes you can make those abominations.
 
You can weld the mounting plate opposite, or Re-drill the holes to where you need them. That all has to do with clearance on winch fitment based off of the APEX winch. If your measurements on whatever winch you chose call for different holes you can make those abominations.
Abominations…. 😂
 
Back
Top Bottom