AlphaRex 2023+ Ford Super Duty F-250/F-350/F-450 Headlights

Are all of your plugs connected along with the additional battery connections?
As I mentioned in the DM, I have the halogens. Only 4 plugs were used. There was one extra that had a cap on it, which I'm assuming would be used on the stock LED harness
 
Regarding my hyper flash.

Preface: I sent them a message with the following response.

"Are they referring to my trucks info screen or through Forscan?"

Honestly don't recall seeing a DRL button on the info screen

1000007718.webp
 
Regarding my hyper flash.

Preface: I sent them a message with the following response.

"Are they referring to my trucks info screen or through Forscan?"

Honestly don't recall seeing a DRL button on the info screen

View attachment 265607
Settings>Vehicle>Lighting>Daytime Running Lights in the headunit menus.
 
As I mentioned in the DM, I have the halogens. Only 4 plugs were used. There was one extra that had a cap on it, which I'm assuming would be used on the stock LED harness
I see. I had some with caps also, but found plugs to connect to for most. The ones I didn’t have connections for I left capped.

Here is the pic I mentioned. It would have worked if I had enough clearance for the fuse tap.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5493.webp
    IMG_5493.webp
    146.1 KB · Views: 15
I see. I had some with caps also, but found plugs to connect to for most. The ones I didn’t have connections for I left capped.

Here is the pic I mentioned. It would have worked if I had enough clearance for the fuse tap.
That is exactly what I did.
 
NP, im looking forward to seeing what the fix is, since ill be ordering these in a couple months.
Follow up from CJC Off-road

Here is what we received from Alpha Rex just now:

The customer can go into the factory menu on the truck’s screen and disable the DRL feature.

If disabling the DRL does not resolve the issue, no worries. We have an external capacitor arriving in approximately two weeks, and we will send one out to the customer once they are received.
 
These look really good, BUT they are marketed as Plug and Play. A shop that was going to do mine was sent a pair to try out and he said there were to many problems with electrical issues one being the hyper flash. I was told wait for the fixes ? Not sure what to believe now.
 
We have an external capacitor arriving in approximately two weeks, and we will send one out to the customer once they are received
This defeats the entire plug and play promise. Two plus years of development and testing and now with the botched rollout they have to fall back on external capacitors to control hyper flashing ?
 
Sorry to hear about this guys. We were excited to see the Alpha's at SEMA last year. My shop got them and returned after awhile. Once Morimoto released theirs, they went on my truck 😄.
 
Follow up from CJC Off-road

Here is what we received from Alpha Rex just now:

The customer can go into the factory menu on the truck’s screen and disable the DRL feature.

If disabling the DRL does not resolve the issue, no worries. We have an external capacitor arriving in approximately two weeks, and we will send one out to the customer once they are received.
Tried this fix, but still flashing. May try @TheBlackPearl method and put my fuse wire to brown/white upfitter
 
These look really good, BUT they are marketed as Plug and Play. A shop that was going to do mine was sent a pair to try out and he said there were to many problems with electrical issues one being the hyper flash. I was told wait for the fixes ? Not sure what to believe now.
100% on the plug and play not feeling quite accurate here, but Im curious what other electrical issues did they encounter?

Im not totally surprised by the hyper flashing, us XLT folks are going from a bulb that has a higher resistance than those that already have LED headlights. The majority of the trucks at my dealership are not incandescent bulbs so I would draw a conclusion that Alpharex likely used the most common app and tested these primarily on trucks fitted with the stock LED headlights.

Im kind of disappointed that may have been overlooked though as its not an uncommon issue. Also, regarding CJCs response, I assume they mean resistor and not capacitor. Which also suggests they are familiar with this common issue and really makes me wonder even more why it wasnt prepackaged as an optional component.

Frustrating
 
100% on the plug and play not feeling quite accurate here, but Im curious what other electrical issues did they encounter?

Im not totally surprised by the hyper flashing, us XLT folks are going from a bulb that has a higher resistance than those that already have LED headlights. The majority of the trucks at my dealership are not incandescent bulbs so I would draw a conclusion that Alpharex likely used the most common app and tested these primarily on trucks fitted with the stock LED headlights.

Im kind of disappointed that may have been overlooked though as its not an uncommon issue. Also, regarding CJCs response, I assume they mean resistor and not capacitor. Which also suggests they are familiar with this common issue and really makes me wonder even more why it wasnt prepackaged as an optional component.

Frustrating
Yup. Frustrating indeed. Thankfully I have a commuter car, so I'm not having to drive in the dark an hour with flickering lights.
 
Back
Top Bottom