17x9.5 -12 Black Rhino Arsenals
37x13.50r17 Yokohama X-ATs
37x13.50r17 Yokohama X-ATs
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Truck looks awesome! I ordered a 23 Tremor and it arrives this week. I wanted to throw 37's on it as soon as it arrives but I keep reading conflicting information on the fact that you cant run a 37 inch tire on the factory wheels because they're too narrow. Is it a non issue?All stock truck 37x12.50r18 recon grapplers. Clears fenders and radius arms but rubs swaybar at 38-39⁰ out of max of 40⁰ I believe.
View attachment 120495View attachment 120496
You’d probably be fine but running a tall 12.50 on an 8” wheel you run the risk of popping a bead off road or even on road with hard cornering a lot of tire shops won’t mount a 12.50 on an 8” wide wheel for that exact reasonTruck looks awesome! I ordered a 23 Tremor and it arrives this week. I wanted to throw 37's on it as soon as it arrives but I keep reading conflicting information on the fact that you cant run a 37 inch tire on the factory wheels because they're too narrow. Is it a non issue?
AATW!17x9.5 -12 Black Rhino Arsenals
37x13.50r17 Yokohama X-ATs View attachment 127790View attachment 127791View attachment 127792View attachment 127793
I’ve got 37x13.50r18 on stock 8” wheels. As stated above, big box shops will not touch it. However, most local mom n pops shops will. And I wouldn’t be concerned with blowing a bead. Matter of fact, back in the day, wide tires on skinny wheels were commonly referred to as poor man beadlocks!Truck looks awesome! I ordered a 23 Tremor and it arrives this week. I wanted to throw 37's on it as soon as it arrives but I keep reading conflicting information on the fact that you cant run a 37 inch tire on the factory wheels because they're too narrow. Is it a non issue?
All the F ing way!AATW!
I'd seen enough trucks on here, other forums, fbook etc over the years with guys running 12.50-13.50 wides on 8" wheels and heard of nearly zero first hand issues so I wasn't too concerned. Nitto actually has this tire listed as approved for 8" wide wheels too.Truck looks awesome! I ordered a 23 Tremor and it arrives this week. I wanted to throw 37's on it as soon as it arrives but I keep reading conflicting information on the fact that you cant run a 37 inch tire on the factory wheels because they're too narrow. Is it a non issue?
Very nice!17x9.5 -12 Black Rhino Arsenals
37x13.50r17 Yokohama X-ATs View attachment 127790View attachment 127791View attachment 127792View attachment 127793
I would do tires and wheels and sell your OEM set up - you will get good $$ for them offsetting all or most of your new purchase. OEM tires won't bring you much by themselves!Truck looks awesome! I ordered a 23 Tremor and it arrives this week. I wanted to throw 37's on it as soon as it arrives but I keep reading conflicting information on the fact that you cant run a 37 inch tire on the factory wheels because they're too narrow. Is it a non issue?
Thank you!Very nice!
17x9.5 -12 Black Rhino Arsenals
37x13.50r17 Yokohama X-ATs View attachment 127793
So, as a primer, Toyo AT3s have been my favorite dual duty tire for a long time. Ive had BFGs, MTs, Kendas, Wildpeak AT3S', which were great, but did not last anywhere near the 40K they were suppose to and my FJ is currently on 37" Cooper STTs' which are a great mud tire and would definitely buy again. I like the X-ATs for driveability; on road traction and wet pavement handling are both awesome. The side walls are thick, nice rim protection, a little noiser than I expected, but I like a little sing. My ONE negative....it is a gravel catching and throwing tread. My Toyos and Falkens never grabbed gravel and held it like this tread does. The tread face is also more rounded fully aired than the others as well' so air pressure by calc or chalking/tracking is important in getting the best ride and wear life. Ill say this, It was 117° in Killen when I was there and the TP only increase by 2lbs when driving. I would buy them again if I could find them at the same price (380 ea). If the price point were higher, I would go back to a 12.50w Kenda 37.That looks awesome! What do you think of those Yokohama X-ATs? How's do they handle on road compared to the stock Duratracs? How's the road noise?
I didn't answer the Duratrac question.....million percent better in all aspects over the GY. Wider tire really improved steering feel and ride.So, as a primer, Toyo AT3s have been my favorite dual duty tire for a long time. Ive had BFGs, MTs, Kendas, Wildpeak AT3S', which were great, but did not last anywhere near the 40K they were suppose to and my FJ is currently on 37" Cooper STTs' which are a great mud tire and would definitely buy again. I like the X-ATs for driveability; on road traction and wet pavement handling are both awesome. The side walls are thick, nice rim protection, a little noiser than I expected, but I like a little sing. My ONE negative....it is a gravel catching and throwing tread. My Toyos and Falkens never grabbed gravel and held it like this tread does. The tread face is also more rounded fully aired than the others as well' so air pressure by calc or chalking/tracking is important in getting the best ride and wear life. Ill say this, It was 117° in Killen when I was there and the TP only increase by 2lbs when driving. I would buy them again if I could find them at the same price (380 ea). If the price point were higher, I would go back to a 12.50w Kenda 37.
Case in point:So, as a primer, Toyo AT3s have been my favorite dual duty tire for a long time. Ive had BFGs, MTs, Kendas, Wildpeak AT3S', which were great, but did not last anywhere near the 40K they were suppose to and my FJ is currently on 37" Cooper STTs' which are a great mud tire and would definitely buy again. I like the X-ATs for driveability; on road traction and wet pavement handling are both awesome. The side walls are thick, nice rim protection, a little noiser than I expected, but I like a little sing. My ONE negative....it is a gravel catching and throwing tread. My Toyos and Falkens never grabbed gravel and held it like this tread does. The tread face is also more rounded fully aired than the others as well' so air pressure by calc or chalking/tracking is important in getting the best ride and wear life. Ill say this, It was 117° in Killen when I was there and the TP only increase by 2lbs when driving. I would buy them again if I could find them at the same price (380 ea). If the price point were higher, I would go back to a 12.50w Kenda 37.
They look great. Nice color contrast.I missed getting these Method 314s on clearance awhile back. I decided to try again leading me to finding a set of 4 but they were different colors. I was able to get them cheaper than clearance pricing so I was able to find local power coat to get them done. Using Kingsport Gray/Clear Coat w/Silver Sparkle they came out just the way I wanted!! Looks great in person, even better in the direct sun.
View attachment 127762
View attachment 127763
View attachment 127764
View attachment 127765
View attachment 127766
So, as a primer, Toyo AT3s have been my favorite dual duty tire for a long time. Ive had BFGs, MTs, Kendas, Wildpeak AT3S', which were great, but did not last anywhere near the 40K they were suppose to and my FJ is currently on 37" Cooper STTs' which are a great mud tire and would definitely buy again. I like the X-ATs for driveability; on road traction and wet pavement handling are both awesome. The side walls are thick, nice rim protection, a little noiser than I expected, but I like a little sing. My ONE negative....it is a gravel catching and throwing tread. My Toyos and Falkens never grabbed gravel and held it like this tread does. The tread face is also more rounded fully aired than the others as well' so air pressure by calc or chalking/tracking is important in getting the best ride and wear life. Ill say this, It was 117° in Killen when I was there and the TP only increase by 2lbs when driving. I would buy them again if I could find them at the same price (380 ea). If the price point were higher, I would go back to a 12.50w Kenda 37.
I concur. There is a hum, but very slight.I run 37s Yoko X-ATs on another diesel. As far as road noise, they are pretty quiet. If you don't have the radio on, you can hear a slight hum. Very faint though. But, it is there. With the radio on or even talking with a passenger, all is quiet. The only thing I have heard negative about them......they do no like icy conditions. I live in the desert, so I never see ice roads. And yes, these can run at a lower pressure to get a better ride.
Do you have any rubbing on radius arms? I’m debating 5 or 5.5 backspaceInnov8 G600 18x9 5.5 backspace
Tires are 37 x 12.5 Toyo RT
Polished black with polished black techlite ring with silver ARP studs. Wheels and truck are filthy in these pictures.
View attachment 103400
is that stock suspension and no rub by chance ?For those interested in swapping wheels this thread might be a good resource. One of the most frequent questions is "What will this offset look like, or how far will it stick out". If you have upgraded to new wheels, please help us out by posting the size wheel / tires and offset with detailed photos.
Here's an example of 20x10 wheels mounted with 35x12.50r tires. The wheels have a negative 18 offset.
View attachment 986
View attachment 987