7.3 to lose 40 LB FT of TQ and 10 HP for 2027

3.5 HO isn’t very impressive sub 2,500 rpm either, Ford has a great graph of the gen 2 Raptor compared to Gen 1. The 3.5 HO is in severe torque deficit to the old 6.2L V8 Boss anywhere under 2,500 RPM. Where trucks work. I’ll never forget the uproar that caused when I posted it on the F-150 forum years ago straight from Ford. Guys were near blowing their brains out in anger that the old V-8 was a better truck motor than their hair dryer V-6.

The standard output EcoBoost (with smaller turbos) has significantly more low end than the HO model or 6.2 GM. Thats what you want for TQ, but I certainly don’t want a V6 in my truck.
 
3.5 HO isn’t very impressive sub 2,500 rpm either, Ford has a great graph of the gen 2 Raptor compared to Gen 1. The 3.5 HO is in severe torque deficit to the old 6.2L V8 Boss anywhere under 2,500 RPM. Where trucks work. I’ll never forget the uproar that caused when I posted it on the F-150 forum years ago straight from Ford. Guys were near blowing their brains out in anger that the old V-8 was a better truck motor than their hair dryer V-6.

The standard output EcoBoost (with smaller turbos) has significantly more low end than the HO model or 6.2 GM. Thats what you want for TQ, but I certainly don’t want a V6 in my truck.
So you're a unapologetic chevy guy that likes to stir up crap on Ford forums?

Of all the hobbies one could indulge, this is how you spend your free time? :LOL:

The 3.5 in any trim is certainly quite impressive across the entire RPM range, and yes.... It's a v6, that kicks the shit out of V8s twice it's size.

I own 2 of them. Don't really care what your opinion of them is.

I also own a '26 HO 6.7 Platinum Tremor. You wanna tell me how shitty that one is too?

Here, on a forum dedicated to them.

Do go on, I think that should work out very well for you, Mr. 454.:cool:
 
loud-noises.gif
 
Nope, I just attempt to be an educated consumer and don’t blindly follow brands like a lot of forum village idiots. Only one L5P in my company right now, every single other truck I have rolling is a Ford.

Fords made some pretty cool shit (6.2L Boss, 5.2L Voodoo, 5.2L Predator, 6.7 PS, OG 7.3 Godzilla). The EcoBoost is not one of those cool things.
 
I had to know, so I drove an XL SuperCab today while I had my Transit in for service. Definitely can feel the power loss back to back mostly below 2,500 rpm. Even my commercial sales manager said he felt it all ready on the test drives. The low end pull is reduced for sure. I have to admit above 3,000 RPM it’s hard to tell a difference at all, so if you are mountain towing and live at 5,000 RPM you may not care. If you do a lot of low RPM driving yes you are going to feel it down there (or lack thereof).

Both trucks had 3.73, but getting in mine after it feels a good margin stronger pulling away from a stoplight than the 2027. The 2027 feels like it needs to be wound up to wake up.
So let me get this straight... you're the one person who's almost singlehandedly kept this thread going, bitching about Ford and some perceived conspiracy to de-rate the godzilla to push diesel sales, an apparent Chebby fanboy... went out and (allegedly) drove two trucks back to back and then came back in here to report how "dramatically!" worse the 2027 was? And you're not at least a little surprised that no one believes you?

mmmkay

At this point Im just here watching with my popcorn
 
3.5 HO isn’t very impressive sub 2,500 rpm either, Ford has a great graph of the gen 2 Raptor compared to Gen 1. The 3.5 HO is in severe torque deficit to the old 6.2L V8 Boss anywhere under 2,500 RPM. Where trucks work. I’ll never forget the uproar that caused when I posted it on the F-150 forum years ago straight from Ford. Guys were near blowing their brains out in anger that the old V-8 was a better truck motor than their hair dryer V-6.

The standard output EcoBoost (with smaller turbos) has significantly more low end than the HO model or 6.2 GM. Thats what you want for TQ, but I certainly don’t want a V6 in my truck.

Sitting here, still angry 11 model years later.

1790641100591.webp
 
You guys are the only ones angry rallying and protecting the queen. I’ll just buy something else. Seriously unless you own ALOT of Ford stock there is no real reason to defend them so hard. I protect my companies with that passion, certainly not an automaker I have nothing to do with.

None of my customers would be shilling for me if I reduced their product by 10% and kept pricing the same. At least none of my sane customers, I do have a few oddballs…
 
Sorry, let me clarify, "I am still sitting here angry 11 model years later!" Self portrait above.:LOL:
 
I agree with that. Not one influencer (such as TFL which I know VE doesn’t like but they do tend to have access) has explained it’s simply an SAE change or the fuel type. Which both are reasonable. Why let rumors run if there isn’t a reason?
 
The 6.7 HO is a monster. In my opinion. Definitely some lag but nothing like the 6.0. My understanding is the pedal monster solves this. I just don’t need it, I don’t mind the big truck feel of losing boost between shifts.
 
Let’s get after…

Best show ever
 
The 6.7 HO is a monster. In my opinion. Definitely some lag but nothing like the 6.0. My understanding is the pedal monster solves this. I just don’t need it, I don’t mind the big truck feel of losing boost between shifts.
Yes, my buddy has a Platinum 6.7 HO and smoked me on the in ramp a few weeks ago. My guy in the truck with me said “you realize you are going 85 MPH right?” I really didn’t. The 7.3 is not loud like my 5.0 was in the F-150, the coyote you knew you were moving.

The surge of power of the 6.7 at turbo tip in is massive and you can see it at that hard pull.
 
Last edited:
Locking thread soon to a theater near you.
 
3.5 HO isn’t very impressive sub 2,500 rpm either, Ford has a great graph of the gen 2 Raptor compared to Gen 1. The 3.5 HO is in severe torque deficit to the old 6.2L V8 Boss anywhere under 2,500 RPM. Where trucks work. I’ll never forget the uproar that caused when I posted it on the F-150 forum years ago straight from Ford. Guys were near blowing their brains out in anger that the old V-8 was a better truck motor than their hair dryer V-6.

The standard output EcoBoost (with smaller turbos) has significantly more low end than the HO model or 6.2 GM. Thats what you want for TQ, but I certainly don’t want a V6 in my truck.

Heres me beating a Gen 1 with a PROCHARGER. My gen 2 had a tune, intake, and intercooler.
 
Back
Top Bottom