7.3 to lose 40 LB FT of TQ and 10 HP for 2027

So. crazy idea, but hear me out.

What if Ford made a bigger Coyote, say maybe a 428..... and then put it in the SD.

I don't know why no one has mentioned this yet. 😇

A 12-1 compression ratio solves a lot of emission problems too.

But no..... "we" wanted a single cam LS clone. :rolleyes:

If we're digging up ancient technology, It might as well come with a friggen cassette player too. Maybe some curb feelers and an ashtray in every door.

Yeah yeah... simple reliability. ..

But have you ever heard anyone call the Coyote unreliable? I sure haven't.
:unsure:
Timber Wolf
 
Timber Wolf
It would absolutely embarrass every other gasoline engine out there. It would provide a SOLID 600/600 without trying, and get better mileage with lower emissions too.

Win win win.... But no...

Ford doesn't like to win. They just want to make money. So they 🤬 it all up instead.


Should have left the 2 valve cam in block gas motors in the 1980s where they belong.
 
Last edited:
Tell 'em Gale! Hopefully Ford responds quickly:

 
IMG_3171.webp
 
View attachment 273733

Is this for real? The ‘27 has coolant in the exhaust?
Yes but not for long, a few guys inside have posted this neutered 7.3 is only going to be present in 2027 & 2028 models. Ford is going back to a dry manifold and upping power again for the new Super Duty launch per guys inside. These two model years are just bastardized versions of the engine much like the 2022 and 2023 mustangs were a bastardized 5.0 that was fixed in 2024. I’m happy to hear they are fixing this, not sure what the ultimate answer is to get the power back but I’m happy if the 2029 is back to best in class because that’s when I’ll be buying.

That’s all I needed to hear, I’m back to loving Ford again lol. I guess this was a stop gap to reduce NOx, but they are currently working on combustion chamber design and injection to do it with full power again. If you have a 2022 or newer I’d honestly just wait for the new Super Duty launch and skip this weird 2-year Frankenstein, it could very well break 500 LB FT for the new model.
 
Last edited:
... I’m happy if the 2029 is back to best in class because that’s when I’ll be buying.
JM454 - I'm happy you're happy, just two more years... 🥴 we can just call it a day now and hope 2029 arrives quickly.

PS- I got this pic from a guy on the inside, I hear Ford is going to add Wheelie Bars just for the 2027/2028 as a build option :D
 

Attachments

  • RealPicfromGuy.webp
    RealPicfromGuy.webp
    11 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom