Whipple Installed!

My Whipple gets delivered today. Thanks for this info. I just ordered one as I couldn't imagine having a leak there while on a trip. You'd be stuck.
 
No problem. If I didn't have the luck of the Irish I would not have any at all!
Cum to Vegas with that luck. You'll do well 🤪.
 
Anyone who has installed their Whipple, were you able to unpin circuit 90 on the C175B connector? I'd rather not cut and splice that wire, but I'd like to be able to unpin it. Can't find instructions on that, and I'd hate to damage that plug as a lot goes through it.
 
Anyone who has installed their Whipple, were you able to unpin circuit 90 on the C175B connector? I'd rather not cut and splice that wire, but I'd like to be able to unpin it. Can't find instructions on that, and I'd hate to damage that plug as a lot goes through it.
depinning is a pretty simple procedure, you really should use a depinning tool as each connector is slightly different. but you typically stick a small pin/flathead (like super tiny) down the front of the connector into the little side slits and can pull it out. Some harness require you to pull the entire sheath to depin a single from a bulk harness. I too prefer to depin connectors most of the time, I have a kit that I got for my german cars, but it's universal kit.

I have a kit similar to this: Amazon Link


1745407968261.webp


1745408058120.webp


this little tang in red is what you're trying to depress so that you can pull the pin out.
 
What is the brand and part number for the air filter for the '23-'25 trucks? Whipple put mine in about 14,000 miles ago and I could not find any information on it except it looks to be a washable and reusable one. I want to make sure I care for it correctly.

The picture below has the part number for the stock one Whipple removed for part number cross referencing.
Factory Air Filter.webp

1745461499956.webp
 
What is the brand and part number for the air filter for the '23-'25 trucks? Whipple put mine in about 14,000 miles ago and I could not find any information on it except it looks to be a washable and reusable one. I want to make sure I care for it correctly.

The picture below has the part number for the stock one Whipple removed for part number cross referencing.
View attachment 207755
View attachment 207759
I'm in the middle of installing mine now on my 2024. Here is what they sent. It looks washable.

 

Attachments

  • IMG_6636.webp
    IMG_6636.webp
    121.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Useful
Reactions: VB!
I'm in the middle of installing mine now on my 2024. Here is what they sent. It looks washable.

Thanks. That is exactly the information I needed. When I popped the air box open and took a quick look mine looked grey. AFE Power has three versions in different colors with different care requirements. I'll have to take a closer look. At least now I know what to look at.
 
I spoke with Whipple, and unsurprisingly they can't give me a straight answer, I know they are under a lot of scrutiny for emissions stuff.

My problem is that I want to put on a Whipple at some point, but I have already installed Stainlessworks long tube headers and cat back.

Whipple said:
Our kits are developed and tested for stock emissions. The calibration does not account for headers, but if the stock emissions pieces are in tact, everything should be ok. We do recommend an exhaust that routes behind the rear axle.

So it sounds like it SHOULD work, since I still have cats, but it would suck if I get it bolted on and it DOESN'T work.

So frustrating.
 
Thanks. That is exactly the information I needed. When I popped the air box open and took a quick look mine looked grey. AFE Power has three versions in different colors with different care requirements. I'll have to take a closer look. At least now I know what to look at.
I'm glad you brought it up as I didn't think about a cleaning kit for it. Got one on the way now.
 
I spoke with Whipple, and unsurprisingly they can't give me a straight answer, I know they are under a lot of scrutiny for emissions stuff.

My problem is that I want to put on a Whipple at some point, but I have already installed Stainlessworks long tube headers and cat back.



So it sounds like it SHOULD work, since I still have cats, but it would suck if I get it bolted on and it DOESN'T work.

So frustrating.
It's become fairly well known that F150's with short exhaust systems, something doesn't jive 100% with the Whipple calibrations.

But really, if you want a Whipple, why is removing the headers an issue? It's not like your losing anything, and the fuel system hard caps the power in the Whipple cal, so until there is custom tuning, the headers add nothing but risk at this point.
 
It's become fairly well known that F150's with short exhaust systems, something doesn't jive 100% with the Whipple calibrations.

But really, if you want a Whipple, why is removing the headers an issue? It's not like your losing anything, and the fuel system hard caps the power in the Whipple cal, so until there is custom tuning, the headers add nothing but risk at this point.
They were expensive and bitch to install, now that they have been on 2 winters I bet they would be a bitch to uninstall. And IMO, you can't own a V8 without slapping on some long tubes! it's a requirement!
 
Agree to disagree!

Does anyone have a read file for the pre 2023 Whipple F250 calibration via HPTuners? I'd like to take a look at it if possible.
 
Well, here's me getting negative, I was told the cold weather here was the cause of my issues, well it's 90F here today and its all the same stuff, here is my email to Whipple.

Hello again.

The warmer weather has arrived, and the truck continues to fall on it’s face in 1st and 2nd gears. This is over 2 months of this supercharger kit not working on the most basic level. Here is another log, but it almost doesn’t capture that the truck is seriously lame at low speeds.

Can someone get back to me please? Chuck had been in touch, but what I really need are fixes to this this thing not working properly. It’s frustrating to have paid this amount of money for a truck that works no better than stock in the first 2 gears. 3rd gear it picks up and seems to work fine, until the 6th gear flashing CEL…

Very disappointed currently, and it’s embarrassing to have to tell people in the car community here how it’s still not working properly when they check out the truck.
 
Well, here's me getting negative, I was told the cold weather here was the cause of my issues, well it's 90F here today and its all the same stuff, here is my email to Whipple.

Hello again.

The warmer weather has arrived, and the truck continues to fall on it’s face in 1st and 2nd gears. This is over 2 months of this supercharger kit not working on the most basic level. Here is another log, but it almost doesn’t capture that the truck is seriously lame at low speeds.

Can someone get back to me please? Chuck had been in touch, but what I really need are fixes to this this thing not working properly. It’s frustrating to have paid this amount of money for a truck that works no better than stock in the first 2 gears. 3rd gear it picks up and seems to work fine, until the 6th gear flashing CEL…

Very disappointed currently, and it’s embarrassing to have to tell people in the car community here how it’s still not working properly when they check out the truck.
If it is a consistent issue, then there is a chance it is not tune-related. It would be interesting to know how many 2023/2024 installs there are and if they are running fine. If they are, then that may point to a specific issue with your truck.

I've thought a lot about the difficulties you have had, and below might be a few areas that I would go through to make sure everything is good. My troubleshooting method is always to remove as many variables as possible. Since you have experience installing these, you may have already gone through this, but this would be my approach.

  1. The Whipple itself is very heavy and putting it in position is a challenge. When we did the install on mine, I was concerned about pinching or rolling an intake gasket as they are on the bottom and difficult to see as you are placing the Whipple on the top of the engine. There are (8) of them so if you pinch 1 or 2, that could cause some issues with the mixture being inconsistent. As difficult as it is, you might remove the Whipple and put new gaskets in, confirming you do not have any leaks between the Whipple and intake. Prior to do this, you might be able to spray something (like a boat winterization fogging) in the valley under the Whipple and see if the engine ingests it.
  2. If you take the Whipple off, have the fuel injectors tested. It shouldn't be a common issue, but I guess you could have one either plugged or malfunctioning. If there is a test procedure in FDRS, then you could possibly run that. Either way, my suggestion would be to either send them out and have them tested or find a way to make sure that is not an issue.
  3. For the emissions hoses, there were some missing steps in the directions on how to cut and splice. Maybe Whipple has updated them now, but if your vacuum strategy is not correct, that will cause problems. Double-check the configuration of that and ensure it is correct.
  4. You indicated that the plugs and wires are new, but I would OHM check the wires and visually inspect the plugs.

It sucks you are having issues. Hopefully they can get it all sorted out.
 
It's all in the tune, Whipple has acknowledged that, there is no other fix unfortunately.

It's closing the throttle per the logs, going as low as half throttle at WOT. The CEL issue is a result of uneven firing due to the method of power limiting.
 

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom