What’s on your Smoker or Grill today?

I’ll bump this thread with a little Cowboy cookin’. Venison stew and southwest style cornbread…
CA028EA9-5E02-435E-A36F-A43101F8D28F.webp
12A04778-2CCB-4EDF-A6E5-1138FE91DACE.webp
 
I ordered a new pellet smoker, should be here sometime early next week. Any suggestions on the first thing I should cook/smoke on it? I know that pellet smokers make it pretty easy, but this will be my first time smoking anything.
 
I ordered a new pellet smoker, should be here sometime early next week. Any suggestions on the first thing I should cook/smoke on it? I know that pellet smokers make it pretty easy, but this will be my first time smoking anything.

What brand of pellet smoker did you get? I would try smoking a pork shoulder/butt for pulled pork. Real easy and always comes out good! I'm planning on doing 2 big ol turkey breast today.
 
I ordered a new pellet smoker, should be here sometime early next week. Any suggestions on the first thing I should cook/smoke on it? I know that pellet smokers make it pretty easy, but this will be my first time smoking anything.
Start with a Chicken. Not a Prime Rib or anything expensive .. 😂 😂 ..
 
What brand of pellet smoker did you get? I would try smoking a pork shoulder/butt for pulled pork. Real easy and always comes out good! I'm planning on doing 2 big ol turkey breast today.
I got a Reqteq 1250. I’ve been looking at them (Reqteq) for a long time, finally pulled the trigger.
 
I ordered a new pellet smoker, should be here sometime early next week. Any suggestions on the first thing I should cook/smoke on it? I know that pellet smokers make it pretty easy, but this will be my first time smoking anything.

Baby back ribs doing the 3-2-1 method, simple & easy and very tasty

Doing a 14 pound Turkey on the Traeger for the 1st time today, we shall see how that turns out lol
 
I got a Reqteq 1250. I’ve been looking at them (Reqteq) for a long time, finally pulled the trigger.
My brother has two Reqteqs and absolutely loves them.
 
Sounds delicious. I keep hearing how good turkey is on the smoker. I’ll have to look up the 3-2-1 method. Enjoy, and Happy Thanksgiving!
 
My brother has two Reqteqs and absolutely loves them.
I’ve read a lot of reviews, and it’s hard to find someone who isn’t happy with their Reqteq. Sounds like their customer service is top notch as well, and the best warranty to boot. I have enough Cabelas points that I could have got any of the Traeger models they carry, but decided to go with the Reqteq based on reviews, warranty, and I wanted something a bit different from my friends with Traegers. I also looked at Green Mountain, and if I ever decide to get a small smoker for camping, it will probably come down to Reqteq or the GMG.
 
I’ve read a lot of reviews, and it’s hard to find someone who isn’t happy with their Reqteq. Sounds like their customer service is top notch as well, and the best warranty to boot. I have enough Cabelas points that I could have got any of the Traeger models they carry, but decided to go with the Reqteq based on reviews, warranty, and I wanted something a bit different from my friends with Traegers. I also looked at Green Mountain, and if I ever decide to get a small smoker for camping, it will probably come down to Reqteq or the GMG.

Have never heard of Reqteq before, will have to look them up, we picked up a Traeger on sale at a BBQ supply store & the owner said it’s a good one for beginners, they set it up, season it & have a 6 hour smoking class to teach you the basics
 
I love not being a vegan. This was my Traeger time. My smoker is about 8 months old and so far so good. I like a bit more red but the wifey likes it medium.
IMG_7755.webp
IMG_7752.webp
 
Have never heard of Reqteq before, will have to look them up, we picked up a Traeger on sale at a BBQ supply store & the owner said it’s a good one for beginners, they set it up, season it & have a 6 hour smoking class to teach you the basics
Its easy to use and the Traeger App has lots of ideas and recipes. if your unit is Wifi the app will adjust the temps and times for you automatically.

I can check my meat temps while mowing the lawn or tending the bar.
 
I ordered a new pellet smoker, should be here sometime early next week. Any suggestions on the first thing I should cook/smoke on it? I know that pellet smokers make it pretty easy, but this will be my first time smoking anything.
I'm in the same boat. Just got my GMG not too long ago. So far I've done jerky a few times, smoked some sliders, and oddly enough, chocolate chip cookies. Take your time and start simple and work your way up. As @modified said, pork belly is fairly easy as well.
 
Have never heard of Reqteq before, will have to look them up, we picked up a Traeger on sale at a BBQ supply store & the owner said it’s a good one for beginners, they set it up, season it & have a 6 hour smoking class to teach you the basics
Seasoning the grill, and the 6 hour class are huge selling points. Sounds like a good store, I’d like to do a class like that.

Traeger is definitely one of the the biggest and best names in pellet smokers. They’re the original. I’m sure you’ll be very happy with it, I know quite a few people that love theirs.
 
I'm in the same boat. Just got my GMG not too long ago. So far I've done jerky a few times, smoked some sliders, and oddly enough, chocolate chip cookies. Take your time and start simple and work your way up. As @modified said, pork belly is fairly easy as well.
I love me some pork belly. Definitely want to give that a go.
 
Its easy to use and the Traeger App has lots of ideas and recipes. if your unit is Wifi the app will adjust the temps and times for you automatically.

I can check my meat temps while mowing the lawn or tending the bar.

Sadly no Wi-Fi & have to have the lid open to start (wind tends to blow it out) but the sale price was unreal, did not know about the app, will check it out :)
 
Sadly no Wi-Fi & have to have the lid open to start (wind tends to blow it out) but the sale price was unreal, did not know about the app, will check it out :)
You can still get all the great ideas and recipes from the APP. The rubs are awesome too.
 
You can still get all the great ideas and recipes from the APP. The rubs are awesome too.

The app is wonderful, thanks!!!!

Have it set at 375 & it’s struggling to mats in 300* between the wind and the cold temp, hopefully we don’t run out of pellets lol

Looks like they make insulated blankets for cold weather smoking, guess I’ll be getting one for Christmas
 
Since it's just the two of us we're having what we want -
top notch steaks and sea scallops (not cheapo bay scallops).
DW is making an apple pie and I'm making baguettes to go
with the mashed taters and green things.
 

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom