Water Intrusion to Fuse Box - Whiteface Ford

Here you go, gentlemen! Version 1 has been successfully adjusted to fit the 2022. Here are a few pictures of the diverter and the cowl/dam in place.

I can't speak highly enough about @FunctionFirstDesign. He has been awesome to work with and incredibly responsive. He truly takes pride in his products—even adding two additional printers to his setup just to help meet demand. Job well done!
IMG_7394.webp

IMG_7399.webp

IMG_7397.webp

IMG_7398.webp
 
Here you go, gentlemen! Version 1 has been successfully adjusted to fit the 2022. Here are a few pictures of the diverter and the cowl/dam in place.

I can't speak highly enough about @FunctionFirstDesign. He has been awesome to work with and incredibly responsive. He truly takes pride in his products—even adding two additional printers to his setup just to help meet demand. Job well done!
View attachment 274744
View attachment 274740
View attachment 274741
View attachment 274742
Love it, brother! He definitely chose the best person to get the perfect advice. Congratulations to both of you 👊.
 
Love it, brother! He definitely chose the best person to get the perfect advice. Congratulations to both of you 👊.
It was an honor to help out our fellow Tremor family
 
Here you go, gentlemen! Version 1 has been successfully adjusted to fit the 2022. Here are a few pictures of the diverter and the cowl/dam in place.

I can't speak highly enough about @FunctionFirstDesign. He has been awesome to work with and incredibly responsive. He truly takes pride in his products—even adding two additional printers to his setup just to help meet demand. Job well done!
View attachment 274744
View attachment 274740
View attachment 274741
View attachment 274742
Can’t thank you enough for helping with this! I expect to have at least some 20-22 compatible ones available late next week or next weekend.
 
I’ve seen plenty of great content from both sides of the game but I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned that those with the SDHQ Switch Pro bracket will not be able to use these deflectors, since the bracket bolts onto the same tab where the water deflectors are meant to slip on.

I ordered the deflector from OCD Plug and when I tried to install it tonight, I realized it wasn’t going to happen.

Ignore the engine grime—focus on the matter.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

1791613528897.webp


1791613623911.webp
 
I’ve seen plenty of great content from both sides of the game but I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned that those with the SDHQ Switch Pro bracket will not be able to use these deflectors, since the bracket bolts onto the same tab where the water deflectors are meant to slip on.

I ordered the deflector from OCD Plug and when I tried to install it tonight, I realized it wasn’t going to happen.

Ignore the engine grime—focus on the matter.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

View attachment 274894

View attachment 274895
Does the SDHQ bracket bolt in other locations in addition to the tab hole? If so, a trim of the SDHQ bracket and removal of that portion could be still structurally sound enough to run both.
 
I’ve seen plenty of great content from both sides of the game but I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned that those with the SDHQ Switch Pro bracket will not be able to use these deflectors, since the bracket bolts onto the same tab where the water deflectors are meant to slip on.

I ordered the deflector from OCD Plug and when I tried to install it tonight, I realized it wasn’t going to happen.

Ignore the engine grime—focus on the matter.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

View attachment 274894

View attachment 274895
Ours wouldn’t work with this either. I doubt any of them would, including OEM. They all use the hole in the drain plate. All the designs I’ve seen anyway.
 
do you know when you will have more of these in stock?
 
I’ve seen plenty of great content from both sides of the game but I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned that those with the SDHQ Switch Pro bracket will not be able to use these deflectors, since the bracket bolts onto the same tab where the water deflectors are meant to slip on.

I ordered the deflector from OCD Plug and when I tried to install it tonight, I realized it wasn’t going to happen.

Ignore the engine grime—focus on the matter.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

View attachment 274894

View attachment 274895
The OCD one is definitely a no-go, but...
Ours wouldn’t work with this either. I doubt any of them would, including OEM. They all use the hole in the drain plate. All the designs I’ve seen anyway.
Looking at the overhang, and the images on the site, there seems to be a bit of extra space in the part that clips on that seems like it might clear the SDHQ mount, unless the angle is too much on the SDHQ? Outside the pain of getting a wrench down there to secure the bolt, could one potentially not drill out the clip to make it bolt compatible? Suppose you'd maybe have to notch part of the basin too...nevermind. Haha
 
Pressure washer test of @FunctionFirstDesign v1.0:
Test procedure: Foam cannon wash. Pressure washer rinse. Hose sprayer final rinse. Leaf blower dry.
There is some water (minimal) on the lid. The vast majority of water went down the catch tray and was routed to the fender. The area not above the tray showed no evidence of water. I can still see reason for the added “dam” along that area though.
Conclusion (IMHO): Functions as designed. The gallons upon gallons of pressurized water was routed away from the BJB. That said, I could definitely see the added benefit of a short hose to route water away from the box completely.
IMG_2021.webp
 
Pressure washer test of @FunctionFirstDesign v1.0:
Test procedure: Foam cannon wash. Pressure washer rinse. Hose sprayer final rinse. Leaf blower dry.
There is some water (minimal) on the lid. The vast majority of water went down the catch tray and was routed to the fender. The area not above the tray showed no evidence of water. I can still see reason for the added “dam” along that area though.
Conclusion (IMHO): Functions as designed. The gallons upon gallons of pressurized water was routed away from the BJB. That said, I could definitely see the added benefit of a short hose to route water away from the box completely.
View attachment 274937
Very appreciative of the write up! V2 with the hose isn’t far away.
 
Does V2 include the cowl damn, or is that still a DIY project? And if so, I remember seeing a post about buying V1 you could get the additional V2 components for the difference. Is that still an option?
 
I had to relocate my rear winch solenoid (probably good since it was right where the water ran and just did a little piece of weather stripping for the dam portion. Clipped on in a few seconds once I moved the solenoid. Looks like a nice part, and perfect upgrade.
Function First.webp
 
Does V2 include the cowl damn, or is that still a DIY project? And if so, I remember seeing a post about buying V1 you could get the additional V2 components for the difference. Is that still an option?
Yes, the dam will be included with v2. And yes, all first-release v1 supporters (order #1082 and below) will be offered an upgrade to v2 for the difference. This is because those orders were placed before anyone knew what a v2 would look like or consist of and that’s the only way I could think to make it fair to those buyers who may have elected to wait if they had known a v2 was coming.
 
Back
Top Bottom