Water Intrusion to Fuse Box - Whiteface Ford

Why would you do that and pay all that money when you can get one for under $40?
I spoke with a friend who was previously a tech and he mentioned that if there's any issues, I can say I purchased the Ford item and used it, not an aftermarket piece. Honestly, I don't know that any of the current offerings will hold up 100% as I still think the main issue is the lid. My truck hasn't seen rain yet, so who knows if there's going to be any issues, but for $150, I consider it cheap insurance for any potential warranty issues down the road.
 
I spoke with a friend who was previously a tech and he mentioned that if there's any issues, I can say I purchased the Ford item and used it, not an aftermarket piece. Honestly, I don't know that any of the current offerings will hold up 100% as I still think the main issue is the lid. My truck hasn't seen rain yet, so who knows if there's going to be any issues, but for $150, I consider it cheap insurance for any potential warranty issues down the road.
Just my 2 cents:

1. It's a piece of plastic!
2. Won't void any warranty whatsoever
3. The unit from @FunctionFirstDesign is very well constructed and will do the exact same thing at 1/4 the cost
4. It’s your money and if it's burning a hole in your pocket...go for it!

The truck never came with it and is only a water diverter so ZERO issues it could ever have any impact on your vehicles warranty...if anything, it can only help ;-)
 
Pretty certain that is gonna look like this and if I'm correct it is for an F150.
Emailed my dealer on the Ford Factory part. List on it is $110. PL3B-C022B22-DA.
Ford has no ETA on that part. They put one on order to get inline.

Just my 2 cents:

1. It's a piece of plastic!
2. Won't void any warranty whatsoever
3. The unit from @FunctionFirstDesign is very well constructed and will do the exact same thing at 1/4 the cost
4. It’s your money and if it's burning a hole in your pocket...go for it!

The truck never came with it and is only a water diverter so ZERO issues it could ever have any impact on your vehicles warranty...if anything, it can only help ;-)
Valid points. Either way, they canceled the order, it was an inventory mistake and said they don't know when it will be back in stock.
 
Thanks @FunctionFirstDesign ! Received and installed today.
I have yet to do a water test (truck is in the garage) but I might have some input for you. Just looking at the water spots on the dirt and where they lead. I’ll reach out this weekend after I can test it. Work is intense. I’m already pushing 30 hours this week 😬
 
Work is intense. I’m already pushing 30 hours this week 😬
You should do what I do and just f around and buy old Fords on marketplace instead 💁‍♂️

Don't tell my boss...
 
Thanks again, everyone. The response to the first run has been unreal, and the feedback from the guys who've already installed theirs means a lot. I've been getting a ton of messages asking when it'll be back in stock and about the v2 version and previous year models, so here's the plan as I see it now.

v1 will continue to ship as is, with no design changes: the single-piece deflector. The price is staying at $35 shipped, no longer an introductory price.

v2 will be a complete kit: the deflector plus a 1/2" hose, hose clamp, retention screw, and a cowl dam, priced at $49 shipped.

Every order of either version will include a digital 1:1 cowl dam template, so you can make one yourself if you want to. If you already ordered a v1, I'll be emailing you the template file soon.

If you bought a v1 on the first run: you took a chance on this, and on FFD, before anyone knew how it would turn out, and you shouldn't pay more than someone who waited. You will have the option to upgrade to the full v2 kit for just the $14 price difference, and keep your v1. Once v2 is available you'll receive an email with a link/code.

I'll have another run of v1's in stock toward the end of this week. I'm out of town early next week and will start production on v2 and more v1's when I get back. I'd rather build inventory than sell anything I can't ship, so these will be available as soon as I have enough stock built up.

The 2020-2022 model year version is being tested now, and I'll update here as soon as it's validated and ready.
 
You should do what I do and just f around and buy old Fords on marketplace instead 💁‍♂️

Don't tell my boss...
I do the same with motorcycles 👀
 
  • Love
Reactions: McE
Every order of either version will include a digital 1:1 cowl dam template, so you can make one yourself if you want to. If you already ordered a v1, I'll be emailing you the template file soon.
I’m gonna make one with a pump attachment that pumps the water back up onto the cowl. Like a BJB fountain, if you will.

In all seriousness, that is crazy generous of you. Much appreciated 👍🏼

My v1 arrived today. I’ll throw it on tonight.
 
Back
Top Bottom