Water Intrusion to Fuse Box - Whiteface Ford

IMG_0013.webp

IMG_0012.webp

As promised
 
Pretty close now...just a few more tweaks....

View attachment 272260
Material?
On the material question: I ask because I bought one of your Upfitter No-Crimp kits and the printed enclosure softened and warped underhood on my '25 7.3.

For 3D-printed parts intended to live underhood, the polymer used is a pretty important product spec - PETG, ASA, PC, nylon, whatever it may be - since their thermal properties vary so much.

What material are you using for this one, and what are the No-Crimp enclosures printed from?
 
On the material question: I ask because I bought one of your Upfitter No-Crimp kits and the printed enclosure softened and warped underhood on my '25 7.3.

For 3D-printed parts intended to live underhood, the polymer used is a pretty important product spec - PETG, ASA, PC, nylon, whatever it may be - since their thermal properties vary so much.

What material are you using for this one, and what are the No-Crimp enclosures printed from?
Post for the sale said Black ASA
 
On the material question: I ask because I bought one of your Upfitter No-Crimp kits and the printed enclosure softened and warped underhood on my '25 7.3.

For 3D-printed parts intended to live underhood, the polymer used is a pretty important product spec - PETG, ASA, PC, nylon, whatever it may be - since their thermal properties vary so much.

What material are you using for this one, and what are the No-Crimp enclosures printed from?
Not sure how that is possible...I ran one of the older versions on my 7.3 with no issues. Now running one on the 6.7 and there is MUCH less room and still not issues.

1790554352967.webp


If you've got some pictures, that would be supper helpful! Send them over to [email protected]
 
The 27 is supposed to have the Ford part from the factory right?
 
Not sure how that is possible...I ran one of the older versions on my 7.3 with no issues. Now running one on the 6.7 and there is MUCH less room and still not issues.

View attachment 272302

If you've got some pictures, that would be supper helpful! Send them over to [email protected]
Trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here, but ignoring the material question and challenging the failure instead doesn’t exactly scream good-faith engagement. A little transparency would go a long way. I am not interested in litigating my experience.

From the pictures I’ve seen of your products and from my experience with your upfitter box, I strongly suspect you’re using PETG. Whatever the material is, mine softened and warped under normal operating conditions, which is exactly why I’m asking.

Your own product page acknowledges that sustained underhood heat has distorted these enclosures on certain trucks, so clearly material temperature resistance matters here. If these water diverters are also being printed in PETG, I think that should be disclosed up front so buyers can make an informed decision.
 
Trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here, but ignoring the material question and challenging the failure instead doesn’t exactly scream good-faith engagement. A little transparency would go a long way. I am not interested in litigating my experience.

From the pictures I’ve seen of your products and from my experience with your upfitter box, I strongly suspect you’re using PETG. Whatever the material is, mine softened and warped under normal operating conditions, which is exactly why I’m asking.

Your own product page acknowledges that sustained underhood heat has distorted these enclosures on certain trucks, so clearly material temperature resistance matters here. If these water diverters are also being printed in PETG, I think that should be disclosed up front so buyers can make an informed decision.
Honestly, I stopped reading once I saw you had a failure. That's what I focus on first. So here's the material answer:

The enclosures, including the No-Crimp, are printed in PETG-CF. We've sold over 350 of these, with two heat failures, both on 2020–2022 6.7L trucks. That's why we restricted those model years. A '25 7.3 would be the first post-2023 failure we've seen, so I want to look at it.

I'll replace it or refund you in full, your choice. Photos of the part and where it was mounted to [email protected] would help me figure out whether it's mounting location or a material limit on the newer trucks.
 
Honestly, I stopped reading once I saw you had a failure. That's what I focus on first. So here's the material answer:

The enclosures, including the No-Crimp, are printed in PETG-CF. We've sold over 350 of these, with two heat failures, both on 2020–2022 6.7L trucks. That's why we restricted those model years. A '25 7.3 would be the first post-2023 failure we've seen, so I want to look at it.

I'll replace it or refund you in full, your choice. Photos of the part and where it was mounted to [email protected] would help me figure out whether it's mounting location or a material limit on the newer trucks.
You can't offer any better customer service than this ^^^ I have had no issues with mine and remain very happy with the product.
 
Honestly, I stopped reading once I saw you had a failure. That's what I focus on first. So here's the material answer:

The enclosures, including the No-Crimp, are printed in PETG-CF. We've sold over 350 of these, with two heat failures, both on 2020–2022 6.7L trucks. That's why we restricted those model years. A '25 7.3 would be the first post-2023 failure we've seen, so I want to look at it.

I'll replace it or refund you in full, your choice. Photos of the part and where it was mounted to [email protected] would help me figure out whether it's mounting location or a material limit on the newer trucks.
Fair enough, I appreciate the direct answer. I’m not looking for a replacement or refund; the part is long gone, and unless you've started using a more heat-tolerant material, I wouldn't install it anyway. Some of us run our engines pretty hard, whether towing at higher speeds or romping around in the sand dunes, and there simply isn't enough thermal margin for PETG in this application, which is consistent with the heat-related failures you’ve already acknowledged.

I’d be surprised if every customer who experienced deformation contacted you about it. In my case, I wanted to support your venture and simply discarded the part rather than asking for a refund. Everyone with an additive manufacturing business has made mistakes, myself included. The important part is correcting them when the limitations become apparent.

If the water diverters are also PETG, I’d still encourage you to list the material so buyers know what they’re getting.
 
Back
Top Bottom