Water Intrusion to Fuse Box - Whiteface Ford

IMG_0014.webp
 
For $35 I can’t see going wrong on this. I’ll need to move my rear winch solenoid but it makes sense to not dump water on the fuse box .
 
You can't offer any better customer service than this ^^^ I have had no issues with mine and remain very happy with the product.
I’ll give him credit for the customer service side. No question there. I like Rich and it's not my intent to attack the guy. I was one of the first supporters of his venture.

My concern here is separate from that - it’s the engineering and material-selection side, and the broader implications for the industry. OTC is moving parts now, and poor material choices at that volume can hurt the reputation of the additive manufacturing industry. It’s generally considered wise not to shit where you eat 😂

PETG may survive under the hood most of the time, but when a marginal material fails in an environment like this, most customers don’t walk away thinking “wrong polymer choice.” They walk away thinking “3D-printed parts are junk.” That’s the reputation those of us working in additive manufacturing have to overcome. It hurts the industry as a whole.

That’s why I think the material should be disclosed and why I’d encourage using a more heat-tolerant polymer appropriate for the environment rather than a material that is widely regarded by those in the industry as a poor choice for underhood applications.

That’s really the only point I’m trying to make. Hopefully Rich gives some thought to what I've presented here.
 
I have seen turbos so hot you can see the impellers spinning. It’s hard to identify a safe temperature for inhouse components. 1300 degrees at the turbo should be normal and probably higher on the exhaust.
 
Just spray corrosion x all over fuse box no issue
 
Okay, prototype is validated and I've got this listed on my site now. Material is black ASA.

Ford Super Duty Fuse Box Water Deflector

This one came directly out of the discussion here so I want to give back a little. I'm launching at an introductory price of $35 with free domestic shipping, and forum supporting members get an additional 10% off (site-wide). Check the membership page for the code.

Listed as compatible with 2023+ right now, that's not a hard limit, just what I've been able to validate personally. If you have an earlier model and would like to help me test/expand compatibility, let me know. Happy to work something out.
Ordered. Thank you!
 
Who's running the printed products on teh 20+ trucks or we still waiting for testers?
 
Last edited:
I’ll give him credit for the customer service side. No question there. I like Rich and it's not my intent to attack the guy. I was one of the first supporters of his venture.

My concern here is separate from that - it’s the engineering and material-selection side, and the broader implications for the industry. OTC is moving parts now, and poor material choices at that volume can hurt the reputation of the additive manufacturing industry. It’s generally considered wise not to shit where you eat 😂

PETG may survive under the hood most of the time, but when a marginal material fails in an environment like this, most customers don’t walk away thinking “wrong polymer choice.” They walk away thinking “3D-printed parts are junk.” That’s the reputation those of us working in additive manufacturing have to overcome. It hurts the industry as a whole.

That’s why I think the material should be disclosed and why I’d encourage using a more heat-tolerant polymer appropriate for the environment rather than a material that is widely regarded by those in the industry as a poor choice for underhood applications.

That’s really the only point I’m trying to make. Hopefully Rich gives some thought to what I've presented here.
I'm testing higher-temp materials for the underhood parts now.
 
Wow guys. I'm blown away by the support this has gotten. I honestly didn't expect the volume of orders that have come through.

I just wanted to take the opportunity to be completely transparent. I tried to get this available as quickly as possible, so I didn't have an inventory built up prior to listing as I usually would. That said, I've just added another printer and even borrowed one from a friend. All of my machines are running around the clock to get these out as fast as possible. I'll process orders in the order they came in, so if a few days go by without any notifications, please be patient as I get caught up and trust that I'm working through them as fast as I can.

As always, if you have any concerns or order status questions, please reach out to me directly. Thanks again for all of the support. This is truly an amazing community!
 
Back
Top Bottom