WARN Winch Option, Updates?

Hi all,

Been waiting to post as I didn’t want to jinx myself. I have been lurking in the group and ordered my Blue Jeans KR Tremor the first week of July. Original build date was estimated at August 31, but as I live in Louisville my dealer was able to pull some strings. The truck was built on 7/29. I ordered it with the winch (and, yes, it makes you select the dual battery option and 397 A alternator option) and have asked my salesman regularly about it due to the confusion online. I can confirm that the dealership actually received my winch today (although my truck won’t be there for a week). Maybe a malady of COVID and “early Mid 2020” build, but my factory ordered winch will be dealer installed. It surprised the salesman, too.
More details once I get my truck and everything is there! ?

If you don’t stop by the dealership and take a picture of said mythical winch it never happened!!

I am paying 10 Bucks to the first member who takes a pic of the mythical winch. You have to be in the photo, and post it! Then I am buying a 6 pack and drinking it. Oh Yeah....has to be on your truck!!

Last edited:
I had a winch on my Jeep JK and it wasn't dual battery and I have no idea the size of the alternator. The upgraded alternator has to be about warranty (perhaps on the battery). For use once in a blue moon, I'm not going to worry about upgrading the alternator. If worried, use the winch with the truck running. JUST SELL ME THE WINCH! I LOVED my behind-the-bumper winch on my F150 and pulled more people out with my truck than I did with my Jeep. Wouldn't have thought that. Very excited that we are getting closer to acquiring them (especially for those that already took delivery).
IT has to do with how much draw the winch does it can kill batteries quickly and i have winches on my jeep and you always hear the jeep engine like lower rpm at idle because the alternator isn't pushing enjoy amp, thats why you have high idle and PLO modes for accessories, it does hurt the batteries but if it once a month not a big deal but it is something to think about. my F150 when i hook a winch to it the truck almost died at idle because i started a winch up had to give it more gas and hold rpms at 1200 over idle at 750 and it was fine. having the heavier alternator let you have more amp at idle but having a higher rpms is always better and dual batteries lets you use the winch with no power shortage to the truck.

alot of people take AC compressors out of the Jeep 4.0 inline 6 and add another alternator to have a dual battery set up for air compressors and winches and the fuck tons of lights and maybe locks (cough cough lights bEfOrE lOcKeRs)

I havent used the ford pass app but my dad does cause its his truck, how long did it take you to get 75k?

I think I read someone said their dealer said they know about the winch. Does that dealer have a part number for the winch?

I think I read someone said their dealer said they know about the winch. Does that dealer have a part number for the winch?
I will be picking up my truck next Friday. They are installing the winch Monday (and amazingly the truck has a motor ?), and they will be taking a video. I’ll be sure to share any information I can!

I will be picking up my truck next Friday. They are installing the winch Monday (and amazingly the truck has a motor ?), and they will be taking a video. I’ll be sure to share any information I can!
That would be great, my local dealership isnt sure about the Winch I am talking about. I am hoping if I give them the part number hopefully I can go ahead and get the to put an order in for one.

Looks like @davidb1841 might just be out of 10 bucks soon! ?

Well I had the dealer add the winch to my build this week. It’s still in processing so they were able to see the winch accepted on the build but it says “pending plant”; not sure if it will make it or not but I’ll let y’all know.

The truck has the : Live-Drive Power Takeoff Provision (PTO) option! Warn Winch should develop a winch option for the PTO ! I have owned a couple of Jeep Kaiser M715' s with this option . Braden Winch Co. did this. and a Winch company should bring the mechanical winch back!

Here's a perfect example on why we need the factory winch! lol ???
image.jpeg

It's August and still no winch from Ford parts. Is there a part number or any info about how to get this winch from Ford parts? Or, has Ford forgotten about us?

It's August and still no winch from Ford parts. Is there a part number or any info about how to get this winch from Ford parts? Or, has Ford forgotten about us?

It’s been discussed in other threads ??‍♂️

Attachments

• 33D17E09-714A-49CD-9AE4-B41C1AB36A07.png
    33D17E09-714A-49CD-9AE4-B41C1AB36A07.png
    511.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
I really want the winch too. Had I know I would have ordered the bigger alternator. Realistically I’ll use this thing maybe 2-3 times ever but it nice to have as an insurance policy. So my existing alternator setup should do fine.

I am paying 10 Bucks to the first member who takes a pic of the mythical winch. You have to be in the photo, and post it! Then I am buying a 6 pack and drinking it. Oh Yeah....has to be on your truck!!
Do we get to pick the beer?

Back