WARN Winch Option, Updates?

It's not too far to Montana, maybe come down here and order yours:cool:

it will be available as a part that you can order in fall apparently. Easy I can order it and drive down and pick up the parts and get it installed later

Still doesn’t seem to be available to order yet for those who already have their Tremors

not a surprise but nobody in any of the parts departments At the local Ford dealers has any idea about a Tremor winch

I had an email From Performance Ford. They stated it would be available around Fall 2020 to purchase.

I had not yet received my VIN to track, my dealer added the winch 15W. I'll keep ya'll posted...

Just in case anyone wants to add the 15W Warn winch option and is having difficulties; you will be required to add the 397 Amp Alternator in order for the Ford Ordering System to recognize the winch option. I don’t know if this was mentioned earlier in the tread, but without the Amp, the system will zero out the order price and become an invalid order. Cheers! ?

Last edited:
Just in case anyone wants to add the 15W Warn winch option and is having difficulties; you will be required to add the 397 Amp Alternator in order for the Ford Ordering System to recognize the winch option. I don’t know if this was mention earlier in the tread, but without the Amp, the system will zero out the order price and become an invalid order. Cheers! ?

Would have been nice to know! I've got a 240 Amp Alternator, I'm pretty sure. Is there a way to upgrade that if I order a winch?

Would have been nice to know! I've got a 240 Amp Alternator, I'm pretty sure. Is there a way to upgrade that if I order a winch?
If you’re further out from your build date, then yes you can contact you order salesman and they can update the order. I believe you can’t make any changes up to 3 weeks prior to the build date. If you already have the truck or it’s too late to make changes, the 15W is also a dealer installed option, but I don’t know when that will take effect (based on the parts availability to dealerships). Also, if you have a gasser, you‘ll need the dual battery option added as well.

Just in case anyone wants to add the 15W Warn winch option and is having difficulties; you will be required to add the 397 Amp Alternator in order for the Ford Ordering System to recognize the winch option. I don’t know if this was mention earlier in the tread, but without the Amp, the system will zero out the order price and become an invalid order. Cheers! ?
Good to know!

Just in case anyone wants to add the 15W Warn winch option and is having difficulties; you will be required to add the 397 Amp Alternator in order for the Ford Ordering System to recognize the winch option. I don’t know if this was mentioned earlier in the tread, but without the Amp, the system will zero out the order price and become an invalid order. Cheers! ?
i just checked my order and i have the 397 amp alternator .... so hopefully add after the fact but i would like to just order the parts and install my self if possible my dealer did say it isn't for order yet

Hi all,

Been waiting to post as I didn’t want to jinx myself. I have been lurking in the group and ordered my Blue Jeans KR Tremor the first week of July. Original build date was estimated at August 31, but as I live in Louisville my dealer was able to pull some strings. The truck was built on 7/29. I ordered it with the winch (and, yes, it makes you select the dual battery option and 397 A alternator option) and have asked my salesman regularly about it due to the confusion online. I can confirm that the dealership actually received my winch today (although my truck won’t be there for a week). Maybe a malady of COVID and “early Mid 2020” build, but my factory ordered winch will be dealer installed. It surprised the salesman, too.
More details once I get my truck and everything is there! ?

Hi all,

Been waiting to post as I didn’t want to jinx myself. I have been lurking in the group and ordered my Blue Jeans KR Tremor the first week of July. Original build date was estimated at August 31, but as I live in Louisville my dealer was able to pull some strings. The truck was built on 7/29. I ordered it with the winch (and, yes, it makes you select the dual battery option and 397 A alternator option) and have asked my salesman regularly about it due to the confusion online. I can confirm that the dealership actually received my winch today (although my truck won’t be there for a week). Maybe a malady of COVID and “early Mid 2020” build, but my factory ordered winch will be dealer installed. It surprised the salesman, too.
More details once I get my truck and everything is there! ?
The mythical winch!! Sure hope your truck comes with a motor!!

The winch is on my wish list!
I already have the 397 amp alternator and dual batteries came with the 6.7.

If you’re further out from your build date, then yes you can contact you order salesman and they can update the order. I believe you can’t make any changes up to 3 weeks prior to the build date. If you already have the truck or it’s too late to make changes, the 15W is also a dealer installed option, but I don’t know when that will take effect (based on the parts availability to dealerships). Also, if you have a gasser, you‘ll need the dual battery option added as well.

I picked up the truck off a lot. 6.7L w/ dual batteries, and according to my sticker, a 240 Amp Alternator. If I'd have known 397 was a pre-requisite for a winch, I could have been narrowing my truck search to ones that had that as an option.

I picked up the truck off a lot. 6.7L w/ dual batteries, and according to my sticker, a 240 Amp Alternator. If I'd have known 397 was a pre-requisite for a winch, I could have been narrowing my truck search to ones that had that as an option.
you should be able to switch out a alternator to a 397 idk the plug is different but should be a easy upgrade

you should be able to switch out a alternator to a 397 idk the plug is different but should be a easy upgrade

People have said the winch is $3k when ordered from the factory. Does anyone know the price when ordering after the fact? Is it the same, or do they jack it up a bunch?

Does anyone know exactly which Warn winch it is? Trying to figure if it would be more $$ to have installed aftermarket or just order from Ford? But Warn has a few different ones, so just wondering which one would come with a Tremor?
Spoke with warn, they are local. Said they will not so anything with the tremor winch at this point

Spoke with warn, they are local. Said they will not so anything with the tremor winch at this point

This has already been discussed in this thread..

I agree with @Chris21667 , you should be able to swap it, heck, it might even be part of the factory installed package

I had a winch on my Jeep JK and it wasn't dual battery and I have no idea the size of the alternator. The upgraded alternator has to be about warranty (perhaps on the battery). For use once in a blue moon, I'm not going to worry about upgrading the alternator. If worried, use the winch with the truck running. JUST SELL ME THE WINCH! I LOVED my behind-the-bumper winch on my F150 and pulled more people out with my truck than I did with my Jeep. Wouldn't have thought that. Very excited that we are getting closer to acquiring them (especially for those that already took delivery).

Sigh.......

20200804_190813.jpg

Back