Tremors Towing Things

Our first trip with the Tremor!
IMG_5981.webp
 
900# estimated net weight.




1758359352314.webp


1758359392099.webp


1758359440213.webp
 
Last edited:
View attachment 224022
Curt independent suspension is awesome pair with the Tremor!


Did you source the Curt parts then have them installed/welded on or was the trailer built with this suspension? I have a toy hauler I'd like to improve for off highway travel, even if for short distances, unlike the little trailer which I put together to be a little more nimble when camping off road.

IMG_7417.webp



I had posted this photo last month during my first trip in my new SD Tremor to California, starting in Utah. Here, the ball height is a 6" drop when I thought I needed more (but the 6 was all that Ace Hardware had).

IMG_7172.webp


I later found an 8" drop which could be just about right. I like a very level trailer when towing and I like to have preserved some ever-so-slight forward rake on the tow veehickle.

IMG_7402.webp


IMG_7407.webp


IMG_7411.webp
 
Did you source the Curt parts then have them installed/welded on or was the trailer built with this suspension? I have a toy hauler I'd like to improve for off highway travel, even if for short distances, unlike the little trailer which I put together to be a little more nimble when camping off road.

View attachment 226975


I had posted this photo last month during my first trip in my new SD Tremor to California, starting in Utah. Here, the ball height is a 6" drop when I thought I needed more (but the 6 was all that Ace Hardware had).

View attachment 226971

I later found an 8" drop which could be just about right. I like a very level trailer when towing and I like to have preserved some ever-so-slight forward rake on the tow veehickle.

View attachment 226972

View attachment 226973

View attachment 226974
The curt suspension came with my trailer. It’s called a beast mode option on No Boundries and Ibex products. I’m not sure you can buy it separately and install. I have not seen it. I know some manufacturers are looking at doing the same. I’ve heard Brinkley will be soon on their trailers. On road towing is greatly improved too. Things inside don’t get beat up as much…. Downside is the height. Great for off road , but wants to sway a little more on the highway.

Manufacturer claims 4 inches higher, but I have a 6 inch rise hitch on the tremor to level the trailer lol.
 
The curt suspension came with my trailer. It’s called a beast mode option on No Boundries and Ibex products.
I’m not sure you can buy it separately and install. I have not seen it. I know some manufacturers are looking at doing the same. I’ve heard Brinkley will be soon on their trailers. On road towing is greatly improved too. Things inside don’t get beat up as much…. Downside is the height. Great for off road , but wants to sway a little more on the highway.

Manufacturer claims 4 inches higher, but I have a 6 inch rise hitch on the tremor to level the trailer lol.


Copy that. I am familiar with this type/style/design of trailer independent suspension. Curt may indeed offer this as a stand-alone parts/parts kit. I may have even seen it offered on e-Trailer at one point in the last 2 or 3 years.

Australian "caravans" use a lot of suspension systems of this type, as well.

Anything with greater suspension travel, or, compliance, will indeed want to roll to a greater degree. It is a "feature" although not one we want for highway handling! lmao.

I'm wondering now how much higher I could go with my Forest River Work & Play if I wanted to use this suspension system. I certainly would like to stay well below 13' 6" that's for sure.

Thanks for your reply! It is very helpful. Cheers!
 
Copy that. I am familiar with this type/style/design of trailer independent suspension. Curt may indeed offer this as a stand-alone parts/parts kit. I may have even seen it offered on e-Trailer at one point in the last 2 or 3 years.

Australian "caravans" use a lot of suspension systems of this type, as well.

Years ago, I was looking at black series campers. They used this type of suspension.
I eventually passed on them partly because of the suspension and very poor dealer support in general.
Tire wear was a big problem, since without an axle, all 4 tires can point in different direction.
And back then few people knew how to properly align all four wheels.
If anything broke, it was almost impossible to get replacement suspension parts.

Hopefully now with Curt involved, parts will be easier to get and maybe more places know how to align them now.
It's actually not hard to align yourself, if you are half way mechanical. (which if you own a camper of any kind, you should be ;)).
 
Phil! Yes, the Black Series were quite impressive upon their debut, then it was all downhill after that. Heck, even here in southern Cal way out in San Bernardino or Riverside counties there was a storage yard full of unsold Black Series trailers. They sat there for quite awhile, then guess what? Homeless squatters! moved right on in and trashed all of them. What a surprise. The owner of the trailers (some offshore dude) had been leasing that lot but failed on his monthly payments. It was all a nightmare for everyone and another black eye for the brand.

I did personally replace the solid axle/short, brittle leaf spring packs on this cargo camper conversion seen a few posts above. I installed a standard (then later learned of their HD variant) 3500 lb Timbren Axle-less independent suspension, and while it rides very well and handles interstate bumps and rough spots even better than my brand new F350 Tremor! there isn't much suspension travel. I also am seeking a few inches' greater ground clearance for the trailer hence my interest in the Curt independent system.

Greater ground clearance is easily acheived by larger o.d. tires, sure, but the standard Timbren is limited to lighter weight wheel/tire combinations.
 
20250912_122208.webp

5 states, 2600 miles tons of awesome views and not one single glitch. I love this truck. My first long distance trip.

Upgrading to a 5th wheel over the winter. I bought a cheap trailer 2 years ago to see if we enjoyed the travel. We do so time to upgrade.
 
Last edited:
^ ^ ^ Phil, that looks great! and your tongue weight/WDH looks setup perfectly if that's possible.

NOICE.




Took a solo trip to Pymatuning lake on Friday.


Nice. Catch anything?

The boat's trailer wheels are painted/machined like the latest Tremor wheels are, to my most wholesome amusement. I have become a Certified Tremor Dork of the novice stripe.

Speaking of great-looking rigs, what tires and size have you fitted to the 18 X 8 OEM wheelz?

Thanks!
 
^ ^ ^ Phil, that looks great! and your tongue weight/WDH looks setup perfectly if that's possible.

NOICE.







Nice. Catch anything?

The boat's trailer wheels are painted/machined like the latest Tremor wheels are, to my most wholesome amusement. I have become a Certified Tremor Dork of the novice stripe.

Speaking of great-looking rigs, what tires and size have you fitted to the 18 X 8 OEM wheelz?

Thanks!
Thanks Apples. As far as the tires go, they are the Falken Wildpeak AT3W in 37” configuration. They have been a great tire, I think they look pretty good on my truck, and I only have the tiniest bit of rub on the passenger side at the back of the wheel at full lock right. That isn’t an issue for me.

As far as fishing, yes, I managed to catch the biggest catfish to date for me (completely unintentional mind you) that was an absolute pig and a real handful to fight and net by myself. It ended up being 39” and weighed about 35lbs according to my hand scale.

I also caught a musky later that was substantially smaller than the cat. That is typically my luck.
IMG_3969.webp

IMG_3976.webp
IMG_3975.webp
IMG_3978.webp
IMG_3981.webp
IMG_3983.webp
 
Thanks Apples. As far as the tires go, they are the Falken Wildpeak AT3W in 37” configuration. They have been a great tire, I think they look pretty good on my truck, and I only have the tiniest bit of rub on the passenger side at the back of the wheel at full lock right. That isn’t an issue for me.


I understand that. They look great on that truck.




As far as fishing, yes, I managed to catch the biggest catfish to date for me (completely unintentional mind you) that was an absolute pig and a real handful to fight and net by myself. It ended up being 39” and weighed about 35lbs according to my hand scale.

img_3975-webp.227158


Holy smokes, that's a big feller.

That Musky ain't bad, neither! "The fish of 10,000 casts". Congrats!
 
Back
Top Bottom