Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

I had my Trailer TPMS sensors installed today on my TT. I used a local mobile tire installer. It was great, he met me at our storage facility and was in and out in less than an hour. He is fully capable of all levels of tire replacement, install, repair, etc.
Did you end up adding one to the spare?

Did you end up adding one to the spare?
No. I had the four from the Ford Accessory kit and just went with those for now. I may buy an additional one at a later date and have it installed but didn't want to wait any longer. My own procrastination determined my direction :ROFLMAO:🤷‍♂️

Any where here in Colorado or Utah!!
IMG_0743.jpeg
IMG_0996.jpeg

Finally picked up the Oliver Legacy Elite 2 (Ollie-Haus) last Wednesday. Spent two nights at the Oliver campground for a shakedown, and was able to meet several other owners that were in to either pick up new campers or getting service performed on the way to the annual rally next week. It was a six month wait for the camper to be built and than another delay due to the loss in our family.

It's truly a unique and amazing experience buying directly from Oliver manufacturing. You feel like part of the family, as they go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable with the entire process. It's quite a social occasion as well. Every detail is attended to and you don't leave the facility until you are totally satisfied with the camper. Any details that need attention you get put at the front of the line in service.

After arriving home I spent the next two days learning all the systems on board, and installed all the apps that allow me to monitor and control systems in the trailer from my phone. We practiced living in the camper in the driveway two nights as we are heading to Lake Guntersville, AL tomorrow for the annual Oliver owners rally for five days. Nothing like hitting the ground running.

Thanks to @Patriot for the delivery photo below. He just happened to be at Camp OLiver the day I picked up Ollie-Haus. ;)

View attachment 120351
Beautiful rig!!! You full on nailed it brother and so glad we were there on your delivery day! How cool is that! Great seeing you and your bride at the rally! Gotta love an Oliver, everything you need and nothing you don’t!
👍🏻😊

dumb question, wife and i are looking for a cooler to travel with vs dry-icing it all the time. Keep in mind we don't even really have a solid travel cooler so something as simple as a Yeti (or similar) for our 2-6hour trips (these are maximums it would be in the bed of the truck for) might be the correct answer.

Could something like this be plugged into the trailer harnesses in the bed of the truck (5th wheel package)?
I've seen 7pin to cig lighter adapters where people have used those for powering other things in the past. Thoughts?
Seems like the 7pin are tied to some monitoring system, wonder if using the 4way harness is the same.
Someone posted this on the fb group. thought it could potentially be beneficial here if someone wanted to look into it.
Putco Always Hot PDF

1684861126426.png

No. I had the four from the Ford Accessory kit and just went with those for now. I may buy an additional one at a later date and have it installed but didn't want to wait any longer. My own procrastination determined my direction :ROFLMAO:🤷‍♂️
Forgot to mention that I was able to use the Ford/Motorcraft TPMS19 reset tool for the trailer sensors when programming them to the truck...

Rented a camper for a long weekend trip. We’ve been wanting to buy a camper for a while now. Decided to rent a few times to see what layout/features we like and don’t like before purchasing.

Stayed at Old Federal Campground on Lake Lanier for 4 days. Really beautiful campground and nice sites.

Now the real reason why I picked the weekend that I did, was for the Formula Drift event in Atlanta. Sold the idea to my wife as a camping trip and we can go to this event one day. We had an amazing time and surprisingly the wife really enjoyed it. Definitely planning to go next year.

Attachments

• IMG_7267.jpeg
    IMG_7267.jpeg
    382.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7263.jpeg
    IMG_7263.jpeg
    308.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7253.jpeg
    IMG_7253.jpeg
    464.9 KB · Views: 37
Does anybody have knowledge they could share regarding 12v fridges in a travel trailer and battery consumption. This weekend will be the maiden voyage in my new trailer. It has a 12v fridge, 3.1cf. The fridge does not have the option to run on propane like my old trailer's fridge. I just installed two x2 AGM batteries from BatteriesPlus. I also have a 200w solar package on the trailer. I'm in Montana, so it may be sunny or it may snow or both. Any thoughts on whether the fridge will last the long weekend with my setup?

Does anybody have knowledge they could share regarding 12v fridges in a travel trailer and battery consumption. This weekend will be the maiden voyage in my new trailer. It has a 12v fridge, 3.1cf. The fridge does not have the option to run on propane like my old trailer's fridge. I just installed two x2 AGM batteries from BatteriesPlus. I also have a 200w solar package on the trailer. I'm in Montana, so it may be sunny or it may snow or both. Any thoughts on whether the fridge will last the long weekend with my setup?
You should be ok as long as you are not opening and closing the fridge a lot. I have same and have 2 Lipo batteries and 400w of solar and have no issues boondocking - with fridge and heater running all night - as long as you have sunny days you should be able to cycle the batteries each day and get to full charge before nightfall. Next time you get batteries you may want to add some solar and get Lipo - then you will be covered for sure.

Do you have a generator for back up for quick charge if needed?

You should be fine, just be mindful of how long you are keeping the door open. Get it cooled down before you go and load it with cold items, that will all help. Thankfully the compressor style units get cold a lot faster than absorption fridges, so you should be able to get it cooled down in just a few hours.

What else do you plan to be running while you are out? Don't forget you've got lights, fans, electronics to contend with as well.

If it's something you are going to be using more, you may want to look into lithium batteries down the road. You'll get double the usable amp/hours out of the lithium and the compressors in these fridges don't take well to being run low on power.

We've got a 12v fridge as well with 300ah of lithium battery and 280w of solar on the roof + a 180w portable panel we can pop out if needed.

Last edited:
You should be ok as long as you are not opening and closing the fridge a lot. I have same and have 2 Lipo batteries and 400w of solar and have no issues boondocking - with fridge and heater running all night - as long as you have sunny days you should be able to cycle the batteries each day and get to full charge before nightfall. Next time you get batteries you may want to add some solar and get Lipo - then you will be covered for sure.

Do you have a generator for back up for quick charge if needed?
Alright, good to know. I briefly looked at lipo batteries, but got scared off by price.

I will have my little Honda generator as backup. I’m pretty excited about my new setup and am hoping the genny isn’t needed.

You should be fine, just be mindful of how long you are keeping the door open. Get it cooled down before you go and load it with cold items, that will all help. Thankfully the compressor style units get cold a lot faster than absorption fridges, so you should be able to get it cooled down in just a few hours.

What else do you plan to be running while you are out? Don't forget you've got lights, fans, electronics to contend with as well.

If it's something you are going to be using more, you may want to look into lithium batteries down the road. You'll get double the usable amp/hours out of the lithium and the compressors in these fridges don't take well to being run low on power.

We've got a 12v fridge as well with 300ah of lithium battery and 280w of solar on the roof + a 180w portable panel we can pop out if needed.
Yeah, I’ll get it fired up a few hours before we leave.

We won’t be running much of anything other than some lights at night. Probably the fan when we shower.

@Supercup recommended lipo batteries too. I saw the prices for Battle Born batteries and decided to wait.

I checked out your website. Your trailer is really nice. We just got a little Basecamp. Excited to take it into the mountains this weekend. The photos below were on the way home after picking it up. Probably as clean as it will ever be.

IMG_2182.jpeg

IMG_2180.jpeg

Back