Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

I am a total rookie regarding pickup trucks and travel trailer.

I started my research with a Big Foot 2500 and Oliver Elite II and AVIA TRAVEL TRAILER and
Airstream 27B and now I am getting an Outdoor RV Backcountry 24 KRS.

First priority affordable good quality and real 4 season trailer.

Avia Travel Trailer are not built anymore :cry:.
Big Foot and Oliver Elite II long deliver time, difficult to find a used one and expensive.
Airstream difficult to find a used one and extremely(!) expensive.

Outdoor RV seems high quality to an affordable price, still not cheap, and a real 4 season trailer.
My communication with Corrin from Thompson RV (Outdoor RV Dealer) in Oregon was so far excellent.

/edit: Replace "Outdoor RV" with "Corrin from Thompson RV (Outdoor RV Dealer)"
 
Last edited:
Sounds like the typical problems found in 70-80% of all RVs sold. The industry is notorious for poor quality control and even worse customer service. We love camping and especially in RVs but the process of buying and maintaining can be a nightmare. Some are definitely better than others, and there's a big range when it comes to customer service both dealerships and factories, but figuring that maze out can be pretty daunting. The best you can do is extensive research and networking with folks that are owners to find the best brand and dealer in your area. Youtube and brand forums are a very good resources.
One very good dealer, that specializes on off-road campers is ROA, RVs of America, in Lindon Utah. Their word is gold, they are honest and they use what they sell, so they know them well. You can go to their website to see what they have and see videos about the trailers, walk throughs, and see them out in the wild. Look at the Dweller the Xplore X195, X145, X22 and the Roamer 1.
 
One very good dealer, that specializes on off-road campers is ROA, RVs of America, in Lindon Utah. Their word is gold, they are honest and they use what they sell, so they know them well. You can go to their website to see what they have and see videos about the trailers, walk throughs, and see them out in the wild. Look at the Dweller the Xplore X195, X145, X22 and the Roamer 1.
That's the kind of information everyone needs to share and make known. Just Dropping in to the local Camping world or other high volume dealership is a sure path to disappointment. Thanks for sharing! 🍻
 
I am a total rookie regarding pickup trucks and travel trailer.

I started my research with a Big Foot 2500 and Oliver Elite II and AVIA TRAVEL TRAILER and
Airstream 27B and now I am getting an Outdoor RV Backcountry 24 KRS.

First priority affordable good quality and real 4 season trailer.

Avia Travel Trailer are not built anymore :cry:.
Big Foot and Oliver Elite II long deliver time, difficult to find a used one and expensive.
Airstream difficult to find a used one and extremely(!) expensive.

Outdoor RV seems high quality to an affordable price, still not cheap, and a real 4 season trailer.
My communication with Outdoor RV in Oregon was so far excellent.
I like your list a lot. We are partial to the Olivers for a number of reasons. They are truly a 4 season RV with the highest quality of systems. I like the fact that they are built with almost no wood in theirs trailers, all except the drawers. Water intrusion and condensation, especially in winter camping is extremely hard on wood interiors. Oliver has eliminated this problem in their trailers even if you do experience a leak. I also like the fact that you only deal with Oliver when you purchase one of their RVs. They personally back up all warranty work and you are a priority when the need arises. The lead time isn't that bad right now. Last time I talked to them a couple weeks ago they said about 5 months. That puts you in a new one by spring if you order now.

The down side to Oliver is they are compact and really designed for a couple in mind. They also have relatively small holding tank capacities. They do have very robust electrical systems with a focus on solar capabilities. Also they design all systems for serviceability. They also have a high end suspension system, axils and tire/wheel assemblies.

Sorry, I'm not trying to sell you, just very enthusiastic with Oliver in general. Good luck with your effort, I think you are on the right track. 🍻
 
I like your list a lot. We are partial to the Olivers for a number of reasons. They are truly a 4 season RV with the highest quality of systems. I like the fact that they are built with almost no wood in theirs trailers, all except the drawers. Water intrusion and condensation, especially in winter camping is extremely hard on wood interiors. Oliver has eliminated this problem in their trailers even if you do experience a leak. I also like the fact that you only deal with Oliver when you purchase one of their RVs. They personally back up all warranty work and you are a priority when the need arises. The lead time isn't that bad right now. Last time I talked to them a couple weeks ago they said about 5 months. That puts you in a new one by spring if you order now.

The down side to Oliver is they are compact and really designed for a couple in mind. They also have relatively small holding tank capacities. They do have very robust electrical systems with a focus on solar capabilities. Also they design all systems for serviceability. They also have a high end suspension system, axils and tire/wheel assemblies.

Sorry, I'm not trying to sell you, just very enthusiastic with Oliver in general. Good luck with your effort, I think you are on the right track. 🍻
Don't be sorry, I ordered already the 24KRS Backcounty: 100 !!! Gallon freshwater, 40 Gal Black, 2 x 40 Gal Grey, 510 Watt Solar, built for Off Grid, etc.
The 100 Gallon freshwater was very persuasive.
My intention: Boondocking, two weeks at a place in the middle of nowhere and working as a software developer via Starlink.
Moving every two weeks to a new place.
First 4 months I will go to Quartzside or near Palm Springs or any other "LTVA-Long Term Visitor Area".

I'm So Excited ....

 
I like your list a lot. We are partial to the Olivers for a number of reasons. They are truly a 4 season RV with the highest quality of systems. I like the fact that they are built with almost no wood in theirs trailers, all except the drawers. Water intrusion and condensation, especially in winter camping is extremely hard on wood interiors. Oliver has eliminated this problem in their trailers even if you do experience a leak. I also like the fact that you only deal with Oliver when you purchase one of their RVs. They personally back up all warranty work and you are a priority when the need arises. The lead time isn't that bad right now. Last time I talked to them a couple weeks ago they said about 5 months. That puts you in a new one by spring if you order now.

The down side to Oliver is they are compact and really designed for a couple in mind. They also have relatively small holding tank capacities. They do have very robust electrical systems with a focus on solar capabilities. Also they design all systems for serviceability. They also have a high end suspension system, axils and tire/wheel assemblies.

Sorry, I'm not trying to sell you, just very enthusiastic with Oliver in general. Good luck with your effort, I think you are on the right track. 🍻
I owned an Oliver for two years and put 20,000 miles on it. I know a lot of Oliver owners. Mine was one of the earlier LE2 models, hull 92. They are up to about 1,250 or so now. The company is like a family and they stand behind their trailers. But the trailers are not for everyone. They are nice for a couple. Oliver does magic with their fiberglass and the hulls are made from four shells. The frame is aluminum. I had a few complaints that made me gradually lose interest and sell mine. The electrical work on the earlier ones was not very good, but I know it has improved. Up through about hull 400, or so, you could not get all the water out of the fresh tank and a lot of people were frustrated. I designed a fix for this that went into all new trailers and was retrofitted to many older ones. The bathroom is very cramped, and is a wet bath. I could nowhere near stand up straight in there and my wife hated having to wipe down the entire shower/bath after showering. The battery compartment is outside, which means lithiums will have problems in cold weather, and lithiums are the only batteries that make sense these days. The water tanks are small. The kitchen is minimal with only a two burner stove, no oven and no vent fan, the fridge is OK, but not very large. The AC is directly over the bed and extremely loud. The dinette is strictly two person only. In the twin bed model I had , the beds are only 30" wide and because of the rounded hull shape, seem even smaller. I could touch both ends and always felt cramped. And finally, the leaf spring suspension is just a utility trailer system with only about 2" of travel. My friends have broken two leaf springs in theirs and now refuse to travel on any rough roads. I went to the trouble of designing an improved system, but decided to not put that much time and effort into it. The only reason it can be called a four season trailer is because the water lines are above the outer shell, between the inner and outer shell. And the heat is ducted into that area. The insulation is OK, but is just a layer of bubble wrap between the inner and outer shells. Four season if you constantly leave the heat on when the weather gets into the 20s. The good side is that the trailer will probably last a lifetime, is streamlined and tows as good as any trailer could. Perfectly stable. But as with most fiberglass trailers, the roof is curved and not easy to mount much solar on. They do offer a small solar package that looks like a wing up there. Bottom line: They are well made, but with old technology and are a simple design best for just two people of moderate height who want to camp in organized campgrounds with easy access. The company is stable and stands behind their trailers. I sold mine for more than I paid for it. I really liked it in a number of ways, but I've never regretted selling it. My two biggest complaints were that I could not sleep comfortably in it and the suspension was rudimentary. Ready to go, the tongue weight was about 560 lbs and the overall weight was about 5,700 lbs, with a max gross weight rating of 7,000 lbs. These tow well with an F150, but because the tongue weight is over 500 lbs, Ford wants you to use a WDH. Only one model of WDH fits the Oliver and it is a weird design. I towed with a Ram 3500 and never used a WDH, even though one came with it.
 
Don't be sorry, I ordered already the 24KRS Backcounty: 100 !!! Gallon freshwater, 40 Gal Black, 2 x 40 Gal Grey, 510 Watt Solar, built for Off Grid, etc.
The 100 Gallon freshwater was very persuasive.
My intention: Boondocking, two weeks at a place in the middle of nowhere and working as a software developer via Starlink.
Moving every two weeks to a new place.
First 4 months I will go to Quartzside or near Palm Springs or any other "LTVA-Long Term Visitor Area".

I'm So Excited ....

If you really want to boondock efficiently and easily, get rid of the conventional toilet and go with a waterless toilet. They are much better than all the water use and black tank associated with conventional RV toilets. I switched and I have not been the least bit sorry. I'll never have a trailer with a black tank again. The one I installed is a Separett brand, "Tiny" model. Super simple to use.
 
Loaded up and ready to roll!!

30141716726026.webp
 
lol, It does look long in that pic. It's a 28' RBT.
GOSH!!! I am shocked!!! ...but really NICE!!!(y)

I ordered a travel trailer with overall lenght of 28,8' (Hitch to back ladder).
When I see this picture I don't know if can haul this trailer from the dealers lot.... :oops:;):geek::)

I hope the streets in the North-West are all straightforward without curves 😂
 
GOSH!!! I am shocked!!! ...but really NICE!!!(y)

I ordered a travel trailer with overall lenght of 28,8' (Hitch to back ladder).
When I see this picture I don't know if can haul this trailer from the dealers lot.... :oops:;):geek::)

I hope the streets in the North-West are all straightforward without curves 😂
A lot has to do with me zooming out on the phone and how it re-aspects things. We'll if your in the north west then all the roads are down hill from here. 😄
 
We took a trip over the weekend to Wolf Creek Park on Lake Livingston. It's a lake I've been wanting to check out for a while and it's only about a 3-hour drive from Austin. Our campsite was in the back of the park surrounded by tall pines. Lots of space between campsites and luckily it wasn't too crowded. We were able to get some fishing in and even got a couple of small ones off the fishing dock.

wolf-creek-trip-tremor1.webp


wolf-creek-trip-tremor2.webp

wolf-creek-trip-tremor3.webp
 
IMG_1812.webp


Another Airstream + Tremor. This is our new 27' Globetrotter. The 7.3L tows it like it not there. Very happy with this setup and it's rock solid with the ProPride hitch. We've been out twice so far and can't wait to get out for some fall camping in the North East.
 
View attachment 60392

Another Airstream + Tremor. This is our new 27' Globetrotter. The 7.3L tows it like it not there. Very happy with this setup and it's rock solid with the ProPride hitch. We've been out twice so far and can't wait to get out for some fall camping in the North East.

Looks good! The fall weather can't get here soon enough. I'm already trying to line up another camping trip next weekend.
 
View attachment 60392

Another Airstream + Tremor. This is our new 27' Globetrotter. The 7.3L tows it like it not there. Very happy with this setup and it's rock solid with the ProPride hitch. We've been out twice so far and can't wait to get out for some fall camping in the North East.
Fantastic!
 
Back
Top Bottom