Tremor & Four Wheel Camper

What kind of lift jack are you all carrying if you need to change a tire on the trail? I am a bit hesitant to bring out the high lift jack on this big truck. But it seems like the only option. Curious if anyone else is using something else.

What kind of lift jack are you all carrying if you need to change a tire on the trail? I am a bit hesitant to bring out the high lift jack on this big truck. But it seems like the only option. Curious if anyone else is using something else.
Leaning toward a bottle jack.

I removed the rear seats and installed my doggie deck that I built. 2 dogs up top. Lots more room with seats removed. Then underneath doggie deck is quite a bit of storage
Hey Brad,

I was thinking of removing the rear seat as you have. Can you take some pictures so I can see what the end result looked like. Thanks in advance.

I did reach out to Goose Gear and asked them if they were interested in doing a custom build out for a rear seat delete for dogs,fridge,and drawers. Simple answer was NO.

i think that they would actually sell allot to people that are overlanding in ford F series and the cab size is exactly the same layout.

Yes stock Tremor suspension and MLO, NH did the install.
If you still looking into airbags, let me know. I will send pictures of the ones I installed.

Attachments

• IMG_2475.jpg
    IMG_2475.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_2486.jpg
    IMG_2486.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 408
Hey Brad,

I was thinking of removing the rear seat as you have. Can you take some pictures so I can see what the end result looked like. Thanks in advance.

I did reach out to Goose Gear and asked them if they were interested in doing a custom build out for a rear seat delete for dogs,fridge,and drawers. Simple answer was NO.

i think that they would actually sell allot to people that are overlanding in ford F series and the cab size is exactly the same layout.
Check out Expedition Portal in the storage thread. Lots of guys take out the rear seat and build some sort of storage or dog area. Goose Gear is way expensive. You can build something for 25% the cost.
Use the seat mounts to hold down your new storage area.

^^^^ Wish I could travel that lite! Well, actually I can
but I have to leave the wife at home.
This trip was just with my brother so we were traveling pretty lite indeed! I spent 6 nights over spring break with the wife and 2 kids. Different campground every night and mostly dispersed camping around Anza Borrego Dessert. It was certainly a "bonding" experience to cram all of us in there for a week :ROFLMAO: but seriously after a few trips together we've figure it out and we have a system that lets us enjoy, be pretty organized and we can pick up camp and be ready to go in 30 mins or so.

Yeah, when I go off-roading with my buddy and his Rubicon we tent it but pretty luxuriously. 30 minutes to pack up might be optimistic. ;)
With our ORV Backcountry trailer trying to get the wife moving in 30 minutes is a complete pipe dream! :LOL:

for those with a FWC on stock tremor suspension/wheels/tires with some miles on ‘em now, i am wondering the verdict. how does it do on gnarlier trails, or washboard roads? is carli/etc. really not all that necessary?

@abqbw ?
Have been on mostly forest roads in PA and NY, only a few bad sections so far. We were fully loaded including 20 gallons water which put us at 10280 lbs. Really like trail control when needed. Haven't come across any washboards that were pronounced enough to bother us. In the areas we have been so far, stock setup has been fine. Going to roll stock for a while. As we head west in coming years I'm sure that may change. My concern is losing payload with added suspension. My first change may just be add a leaf.

Back